Ruling Fainting Spell & Psychic Restore

Clmnt_86

Aspiring Trainer
If player A uses Uxie LA's Psychic Restore, knocked out Gengar, and then Uxie is then put at the bottom of the deck.
Player B flip for Fainting Spell and got head.
Is Uxie knocked out or Fainting Spell has no effect at all in this case?

The answer is in the card. Gengar's fainting spell comes first before uxie's effect.
Fainting Spell said:
, If Gengar WOULD BE Knocked Out by damage from an attack,you may flip a coin.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's my mistake. The answer is below.

It´s on the compendium:

Psychic Restore (Uxie - Legends Awakened)

Q. If I use Uxie's "Psychic Restore" attack where it does 20 and puts itself into the deck, but Gengar's "Fainting Spell" Poke-POWER would knock out Uxie, what happens?
A. If you choose to put Uxie in the deck with Psychic Restore the attack completes first, and Gengar cannot return the knockout. However, if you do not put Uxie in the deck, then Gengar's Fainting Spell would Knock Out Uxie if the coin flip is heads. (Oct 30, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

In order words, the attack includes the bouncing effect. Uxie gets shuffled into the deck, and so Gengar cannot KO a decked Pokemon. Starmie LA has the same case.

Gliscor's just give status effect instead of damage so it work. No need to take gliscor back to your hand.

^He said Lv X. The Lv X's attack does not give statuses, it switches him back to the Bench. However, Gengar clearly speaks of the Attacking Pokémon, so I'd say that it's still the Attacking Pokémon and therefore risks a Death Sentence (stupid Fainting Spell translation.)

Back