RMT FAIRIES!!!!!!!

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Hey everyone! My friend asked me to post this team somewhere for feedback. This is a monotype team, but since there wasn't a prefix for monotype, there isn't a prefix.
719.gif 547.gif 707.gif 184.gif 282-mega.gif 036.gif

Envision this. +6 attack Azumarill. Behind Screens. That is the gist of this team. Gardy and Clefable are here for special attackers.

Diancie @leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Moves:
- Diamond Storm
- Trick Room
- Sandstorm
- Stealth Rock
EVs: 252 Special defense/ 252 HP/ 4 attack
Nature: Careful

Diancie is your main lead, using Stealth Rocks to break sashes for Azumarill. It can also use Trick room to help this naturally sluggish team gain an edge. With only 3 attackers, you will need any edge you can get. Outside of that, there isn't too much to say about this one. Diamond storm makes an excellent Fire killer if you need to go on the offensive, so that's something. It also boosts your already high defense.

Whimsicott @Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Moves:
- Substitute
- Endeavor
- Leech Seed
- Memento
EVs: 208 Defense/208 Special Defense/92 HP
Nature: Bold
Other notes: Level 1 [this is VERY important]

Whimsicott is the third Pokemon you go into, and the last one before Azumarill. It's primary use is Memento-ing whatever Pokemon it's facing, lowering it's attack and special attack, and almost garunteeing a switch on the next turn. It also gives you a free switch-in on that same turn, because you faint. Level one means some FEAR-esque shenanagins can go down, too.

Klefki @Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Moves:
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Safeguard
- Foul Play
EVs: 248 HP/252 Defense/8 Special Defense

After setting up rocks, your next Pokémon is Klefki. Reflect and Light Screen allow Azumarill to tank hits WAY better, and safeguard wards away those pesky burns and paralysises that could otherwise impair Azumarill. Providing it doesn't get knocked out, you can also switch it in later to set up screens for Gardevoir and Clefable for them to sweep.

Azumarill @Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Moves:
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
EVs: 252 Attack/ 252 HP/ 4 Special Defense
Nature: Adamant

> Cynthia plays against Steel
> Sets up Azumarill
> Opponent Switches in Ferrothorn
> Ferrothorn gets One-shotted

That's all I can say. This is the cornerpiece of the team. You use the momentum gained by Memento to get a Belly drum, and then aim to sweep from there. Cyn has swept 6 Pokémon with this so many times, including twice during her gym leader trials for alliance. [When she was a part of it]

Gardevoir @Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace/Pixelate
Moves:
- Protect
- Destiny Bont
- Hidden Power [ground]
- Hyper Voice
EVs: 252 Special Attack/252 Speed/4 Special Defense
Nature: Modest

Here is your mega. At one of two usable Fairy megas, Gardevoir packs a punch. Hyper Voice is capable of going through entire teams, and if it doesn't, Destiny Bond can net you a final knockout. Hidden Power Ground helps against Heatran and most steel types in general, to try and remedy Fairy's massive weakness to it. While max trained, it can be outsped, and knowing when to use trick room and then switch it in is very important.

Clefable @Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Moves:
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Softboiled
EVs: 252 Defense/248 HP/ 8 Special Defense

Ah yes, the feared Calm Mind Magic Guard Clefable. The strategy here is simple: Spam Calm Mind, use Soft-boiled when necessary until you are at Max, and sweep using Moonblast and Flamethrower, which grants you almost perfect neutral coverage. It's worth noting that Azumarill can elimnate almost all of Clefable's checks and counters, allowing Clefable to come in if Azumarill goes down and finish the rest off.

So, that's my friend's team! She was at one point, a very strong member of alliance [she was one Pokémon away from being the fairy gym leader] and asked me to post this team for some comments. Enjoy!

Last edited:
One thing I would suggest would be Fairy Lock on Klefki instead of Foul Play. Since it stops the opponent from retreating on the next turn, you can use it the turn you anticipate Klefki's death to turn something into set up fodder for Azumarill since they can't switch away to stop you from Belly Drumming.

I'd also suggest changing Diancie's moveset. Sandstorm is a hindrance on this team as it breaks Whimsicott's Focus Sash, rendering it useless as a Pokemon. I would turn Diancie into your Dual Screens Pokemon with Stealth Rock and Moonblast to round out its moveset. Give Klefki Thunder Wave (Thunder Wave support is huge for Azumarill) and Spikes (for further residual damage).

That's such a great team! I'll agree with Prof. Palutena for Klefki. T-Wave is a must on Klefki. HOWEVER, with Trick Room is gets tricky for you too, so it is up to you.

Back