Collecting Fake FA Xerneas-EX?

Toxicroak

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys i really need some help. i recently bought a full art xerneas ex from Ebay for 26$ C. It arrived yesterday and it looked good to me. I later noticed that the text seemed off from my other cards and their were black streaks in certain spots. I'm not sure if its a factory error or if the guy sold me a fake card. PLEASE HELP. FYI the raised pattern is on the card. I have provided images of different full arts from the same set as comparison. look at how the text on xerneas looks much different. The text on skarmory and blastoise looks much more clean.

IMG_1341.JPGIMG_1342.JPGIMG_1343.JPG

I don't think the card is fake (it's awfully hard and cost-ineffective to fake the texture pattern). It does look "smeared" to me as well. It could be a factory issue, or it could have been handler error -- maybe they spilled something caustic on it and tried wiping it away. I'm unsure what kind of liquid exposure would be needed to smear the ink, but I'm not willing to experiment with any of my EX's. :p

Sorry about the bad luck. :(

Well, I'll say, creating a texture to replicate the one like a regular Xerneas Full Art wouldn't be worth it. It's probably just a manufacturing error.

I don't think the card is fake (it's awfully hard and cost-ineffective to fake the texture pattern). It does look "smeared" to me as well. It could be a factory issue, or it could have been handler error -- maybe they spilled something caustic on it and tried wiping it away. I'm unsure what kind of liquid exposure would be needed to smear the ink, but I'm not willing to experiment with any of my EX's. :p

thanks for the advice. maybe ill try to contact the seller (i like my cards minty)

I chatted with the guy and he gave me 35% refund. I asked him for 50-60% and im waiting for a reply. I know it sounds like a lot but 26$ is quite a bit to pay for a damaged card.

I chatted with the guy and he gave me 35% refund. I asked him for 50-60% and im waiting for a reply. I know it sounds like a lot but 26$ is quite a bit to pay for a damaged card.
Good to hear you're getting at least something back. That's rare from card sellers, in my experience!

Back