TCG Fakes Faking Resources and Help - How to Make Your Own Pokemon Cards!

aschefield101

is behind you !
It begins, GX WIP Template!

sunmoon_gx_template_wip_v1_by_aschefield101-dai2lrz.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
So... I updated my symbols font again. I had initially made the "ex" symbol half the height of Gill Sans caps, but it's actually supposed to be taller than that (now it's the height of Gill Sans lowercase, as it should be). The Type, Shining, and Mega symbols were also enlarged slightly. Please re-download.

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
http://deltablanknite.deviantart.com/art/Welkin-Master-PSD-652949454

The link above contains an example Welkin card with its .psd file so others can edit it. It does not contain all of Welkin's resources though. In the description you'll find a link to a google drive folder containing all of my faking stuff. The Welkin specific stuff can be found in:

TCG\My Projects\WELKIN\Finalized

I'm currently in the slow process of uploading everything so the link will be put where I marked it in the description. None of the things outside the My Projects folder is mine.

I hope these resources help everyone interested in faking, specially those who wanna do the transition from text to image. Goodbye and take care everyone.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
It's sad to see you go, Zygarde! You've been a great asset to the faking community, thank you. I know for me, your Welkin set was very inspirational. We will miss ya. =)

blahblahbal

Aspiring Trainer
I made these: http://imgur.com/a/g0ifW

They're a combination of multiple people's work, but I thought they'd be worth it to make. They're not the best (especially the stat bar, as I had to scale up the 420x590 blank by ShiningBill to get that part of it), but they work I guess.

(Credits to ShiningBill, paulsnoops, and dbizal)

EDIT: Also made a No-Energy-Energy:
http://i.imgur.com/6VHlhhT.png

Last edited:

BraviaryBoi

Anonymus
We've got a great community of fakers here at the 'beach who would be only too willing to help you learn, if you ever wanna get into faking! ^.^
I wish to learn this path. I may not be able to devote a bunch of time unfortunately, as I am very much in the competetive scrne, but I would still love to learn.

Also, would I be able to produce decent looking cards via phone?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nyora

A Cat
I wish to learn this path. I may not be able to devote a bunch of time unfortunately, as I am very much in the competetive scrne, but I would still love to learn.

Also, would I be able to produce decent looking cards via phone?
If you want to do Text-Based faking, all you need is a bit of creativity. If you want to do image however, you might consider using a computer when making your fake. :)

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
Does anyone know where I can find Dual Type FA EX blanks? I'm pretty sure they exist, but I'm having trouble finding them.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Does anyone know where I can find Dual Type FA EX blanks? I'm pretty sure they exist, but I'm having trouble finding them.
It doesn't look like there is any at the moment. That said, you can simply grab the second Energy symbol from another FA blank and move the symbols around a bit, to make your own dual-types.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I'm trying to get delta's Welkin Ice Stage 1 blank. I really can't figure a way to get it. There are so many layers!!! Can somone help please...?
So, after poking around a bit, I think this is what you need to turn off/on:

Textures < TCG Types < Grass Modern ----> This needs to be turned OFF.
Textures < TCG Types < Ice -----> Pick one of these and turn it ON. Make sure there are no other textures turned on.

Variation of Borders < Type Symbols < Nekonew -----> This needs to be turned OFF.
Then look through all the folders in the TCG Types folder for an Energy symbol that represents the Ice type. I'm not sure which one Zygarde used.

I think that's all you really need to fiddle with for a Stage 1 Ice blank, but as a general rule, the textures will be in the Textures folder and if you want to change the borders or most other aspects of the blank, then look in Variation of Borders.

TheSceptileMaster

Gastrodon ate my cake
Hi everybody, I want to make a BREAK card, but have absolutely no clue as to getting the gold pattern on the image of the Pokémon I have. Would anybody know how to do this on GIMP

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
Is there any sort of overlay feature in GIMP? I know in Photoshop, you have to go into Blending Options and select Colour Overlay, so try that, if you can find it. If that doesn't help, a quick Google search should. ^v^