Writing Fanfic Contest

Lenny

its back boys and girls
Alright, all of you wonderous writers out there can come and join this. I have seen some very talented writers on this site. This contest will test their skills to the very top.

First, I'll need to get 2 more judges and then at least 8 contestants. This is how it will work:

1. You will be put up against an opponent and then you post a 15 sentence paragraph. That may seem a lot, but it really isn't. You have to somehow make a 15 sentence paragraph about a story. This contest will also be a creation of a new fanfic for you. The first round will be your Prologue or Chapter 1, whichever you want.

2. After you put up your paragraph the three judges (Me and 2 other people) will rate both yours and your opponents. It will be a very rare occasion if there is a tie. The winner will go to the next round and will be put up against another opponent and then the whole thing will go on again, except you will go into your next chapter.

Judges:

1. PokeLen
2. gamercal (maybe, spot still available)
3. Max Shade IV

Contestants:
1. I Like Pokeymanz
2. DogMaster40
3. Fire Pokemon Master

Question: Can the story be about anything or does it have to be Pokémon? Regardless, I'll join either way.

Gah... sounds great, but I'm up to my ears in my current fic - there's NO way I can come up with another one as it stands. I guess I could POSSIBLY judge, but if you get other people that are capable of that, I don't mind.

Too bad I can't use what I already have for an entry... but it's all good. I might have to reveal too much about my story if I did that, so it's no bother to me. But if you need a judge after a while, I'll see if I can do it.

I Like Pokeymanz: It can be about anything, sorry I didn't make that clear enough.

gamercal: Well, that is alright. if I'll need a judge I'll PM you or something.

Alright, I'll update you to the list and I'll update I Like Pokeymanz too.

Ok, you can be judge. Then we'll need one more. Thank you for joining!

Not a problem!

A few questions:

1. How do we rate the stories? is there a number system or is it like, "Entrant one was better than Four, but Two was better than both, and Three just was plain aweful"

2. About the whole "tie" thing. It's impossible unless a judge can vote twice.

shard79: Sure, you can judge in his place...

Max Shade IV: All 3 judges will vote on which they like better. Since there are 3 judges in can't be a tie again. Do you get it? And to answer the first question, there will be no number system. Just saying which one is better, and which one had flaws, and which was amazing, or which one was terribly awful. Do you get it now?

Completely understood. In your first post you had said, "In the event of a tie" so that's where haveing three judges confused me XP

anyways, I'll be checking here every so often, once a day, at least. good luck to the contestants!:cool:

OK, that... confused me a little. Say you have 4 entrants. What if the 3 judges all choose different fics to be their best? That means there's a 3-way tie... you need some form of extra judging thing, like a 2nd best or something. It may still end up as a tie (although that would be crazy) but it would make it easier to avoid that.

As for the judging thing, you might want to put shard's name in your first post and not mine, since he's been told he's judging :p

Well, how about in the event of a three way tie, we then rate each fic on a scale of 1 to 10? That way, we could add up each fics total points, and whoever has the closest to 30 points wins. but that is in the rare event of a tie.....which was stated in the first post....man i feel stupid:p

Why not just rate them 1-10 in the first place... that avoids ties much more often I reckon.

gamercal said:
OK, that... confused me a little. Say you have 4 entrants. What if the 3 judges all choose different fics to be their best? That means there's a 3-way tie... you need some form of extra judging thing, like a 2nd best or something. It may still end up as a tie (although that would be crazy) but it would make it easier to avoid that.

As for the judging thing, you might want to put shard's name in your first post and not mine, since he's been told he's judging :p

But it's impossible for a 3 way tie. Only 2 people are up against each other...ever. The 4 entrants would set off into groups of 2, against each other, and then the 3 judges would pick who they like the best. Never should more than 2 people be against each other.

EDIT: Round 1 doesn't start until we have enough contestants...

Hmm hmm... so you basically need an even number of participants? I thought that this was judged with everyone in each round against one another... I guess that, when I read the top post more thoroughly, it state "your opponent", but you never state that you play against one person each round. I thought you would have had more of a league style contest... sorry for the misunderstanding -_-

I didn't state that? I'm pretty sure I have a whole paragraph about it, no?

Well, whatever...you are put up against one opponent and thats it. No big group, just one opponent.

Back