Collecting Favourite Item in your Collection?

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
So everyone, like the topic says... if you had to pick one item in your Pokémon collection to be your ultimate favourite, what would it be? :)

For me, it would have to be.... my East-Sea Shellos plush!

NEerHkR.jpg

It's certainly not the rarest or most exciting object in my collection, but it has a lot of sentimental value to me. I've loved Shellos since I first saw them back in the D/P days and I was so excited when I saw a plush of him at the store, since it's usually hard for me to find merch for my favourite Pokémon (I tend to like cute basics). It's small, so it's stayed apart from the rest of my plushes, hanging out instead of my desk, or in my purse carrying him around with me.

nh00nb.jpg

Not my pic, but I have the same exact PSA 10 Tyranitar in Reverse and I was so happy to get it back as a 10 (I was expecting an 8). Its one of my favorite arts on a card with an eReader boarder, and there are a lot of awesome arts in those sets in general!

yeah, I really love a lot of the art of the E-Reader sets. I feel like they were really willing to go out of the box and be creative with those. Very nice card! :D

Hey, first post!

... On topic, my favourite item in my collection is a Japanese "No.249" Lugia (the Japanese equivalent of the Neo Genesis one).
I don´t collect Japanese cards much, but I really think it looks very nice.
I bought it off (paid €5) a Magic player that used a playset of them as his Spirit tokens.
I also like this year´s Nationals promo rather a lot.

I have a fossil Muk--stop laughing, let me finish--that I hold in very high regard.
It was the first single card from a TCG I ever purchased. I got it at Game Crazy in a mall just outside of Toronto. I had been playing the Game Boy TCG game, and right before you fight the science club master Dr Mason says "Watch out for Toxic Gasses!" It enraptured me. When I saw the card in foil in the case, I just... needed it. My mum and dad thought I was crazy to use my allowance money on something so trivial. It certainly wasn't the last single I bought, as an unhealthy addiction to YuGiOh, then Magic: The Gathering followed several years later. I can't help but wonder if my purchase of that Muk set the precedent.
Its in my binder-o-stuff along with some other early Pokémon cards and many, many Smeargles.

One of the rarest, if not the rarest, card in my collection... a Misprint Movie Mewtwo. My mom got it with her ticket to see the movie (I pulled a regular print Pikachu). Both have been in my collection ever since.
MewtwoWizardsPromo3_misprint.jpg

Last edited:
nh00nb.jpg

Not my pic, but I have the same exact PSA 10 Tyranitar in Reverse and I was so happy to get it back as a 10 (I was expecting an 8). Its one of my favorite arts on a card with an eReader boarder, and there are a lot of awesome arts in those sets in general!

That is an awesome card! You really can't go wrong with the eReader cards. On topic, my favorite item in my collection would have to be my first Base set Charizard. It looks a bit beat up now, but I still keep it since I can't bring myself to part with it lol. It was the very first major pull I had way back in my younger years

Oh come on, I have too many favorites!

But if I had to pick one, my Quilava Tomy Monster Collection figure because he's the one I had the most fun playing with as a kid!

I'm receiving a copy of Giratina EX/Rayquaza EX Japanese BW Promos in a few days from the Japanese Lottery promotion. That will definitely be my favorite thing!

maxresdefault.jpg

I would have to say my favorite is my misprint Dialga G Lv. X with yellow fire weakness and blue psychic weakness. It's just so unique, and I remember going to every store I could find and bending the boxes it came in to try to see which ones were misprints.

If I had to pick my favourite item from my Pokémon collection it would have to be my Rayquaza STAR card from Ex Deoxys back in the day. I got it as a birthday present from a friend who ended his collection and it has been a staple in my Rayquaza-themed deck ever since...
Also, that card was the reason I reset Rayquaza in Emerald AT LEAST for seven days until it was Shiny... *sigh* it didn't work, but I still love the card. Rayquaza just looks so cool on it.
Rayquaza-star-EX-Deoxys-107.jpg

This isn't my card, by the way. It sits in my special folder where I keep my Rayquaza-themed deck.

Back