File eBay dispute or not?

Drose said:
QWERTY DITTO said:
Unless it said in the description that the packs were unwieghed, the seller has every right to way them

In the description, it said "36 Black & White Booster Packs, just like a booster box."

In no way did it indicate they were tampered with, which they clearly were. I have every right to complain. I called eBay and they said to file a dispute and they would most likely rule in my favor.

The packs may have come from blisters, tins or other merch. I wouldn't complain, because as other people have said, you got the product you purchased. And besides, buying any booster is a gamble. You may or may not get your money back with the contents. Just accept that you got bad pulls. And every mistake is a lesson. Next time you want to buy 36 boosters get a sealed box.

Honestly, you really can't file a complaint or demand the seller remedy the situation. Yes, it's likely that he weighed the packs, but you can't be 100% certain that he did. It could be a production error, or he could have received the packs like that. If the description had said 1 sealed booster box, then you could probably do something, but it's 36 loose packs. You could buy 36 loose packs a ton of times, and I guarantee you will eventually get pulls as crappy as what you experienced. Besides, even if you could complain, there's no way to prove what your pulls were. And, I'm assuming the seller didn't put "unweighed packs" in the description, so it's the buyer's responsibility to make sure they know exactly what they're getting. You always take the risk of horrible pulls when buying loose packs, weighed or not. Next time, I would just buy a sealed box if I were you.
EDIT: Also, weighing packs is not "tampering," it's merely selling a specific block of a product.

Add me to the camp feeling you have no dispute. The seller didn't tamper and you got what was in the description. Heck, it could have been 36 packs randomly picked from 5 boxes and you ended up with the crappiest ones.

Next time buy sealed if you want exactly what comes in a booster box.

Yeah you can't file a complaint, I have sold loose packs on eBay and I do NOT weight them before selling, but I have had questions before from buyers when they open them and they try and get a refund for bad pulls, but they can never get anywhere fast because its simply bad luck.

If you buy so many loose packs like that then they could have came from 5 different booser boxes and you could have just missed out on the packs with the UR and SR cards which yeah sucks like said.

You could try filing a dispute, but I believe you would be denied. I can not tell you if eBay would mark your account indicating a frivolous complaint, thereby lowering your results on future claims.

My advice is do not file a claim, save your complaints for when the evidence is more in your favor.

Sadly no seller is going to say if their packs are weighed. One guy did and he tried to sell a searched box of Next Destinies for 50$. No one bought it, despite the honesty. He's like "this is a searched booster box! All from 3 different boxes and only the heaviest packs were opened. It's likely that I missed a few but this is a really good chance to get good packs for cheap!"

Yea no one's gonna buy that unless they're really low on cash and want to open packs.

I feel your pain, the rares in Black and White base are pretty bad lol but I really don't think ebay is gonna refund ya money, they only take your side if the package arrived damaged or he didn't provide tracking. Or if the item doesn't match the description which sadly it does, unless you find a hole in his description.

I sold my last packs of Thunder Knuckle and Spiral Force to a guy on eBay for pretty cheap. Gave him a lotta nice free holos and an EX and two Ace Spec and he got them. Judging by the lack of positive feedback (I sometimes give out some free extras to my buyers and once they do they immediately give good feedback) from 3 days ago I'd say he's pretty peeved. But he bought 6 packs and I gave him like 6 holos 2 Ace Specs and an EX. :\ I didn't weigh them I just know that once you hit 10 rares from your Japanese box they usually are poop left and I had that in the description. He knew what he was getting.

And once I sold Neo Genesis packs that were weighed by someone else. I knew they had bad stuff so I sold to someone in Norway but I gave him free holo cards from that set so he wouldn't feel so bad. He was actually very pleased, cause not many sellers will do that, if any.

If he's not willing to give you a refund maybe you can try that? But then he's gonna be like "Ugh buyer is unfair tried to claim I controlled pack contents and then tried to extort free cards!!!"

Did they seller list it as MINT SEALED packs.....or just loose packs?? Loose packs could mean OPENED packs, while staying they are SEALED or MIP packs would leave you room for a dispute. Since they seemed to be opened up and searched. If I buy from ebay i only buy sealed boxes, and then I wont buy from dreamjoey anymore because i think he weighs his sealed boxes!

Binx345 said:
Did they seller list it as MINT SEALED packs.....or just loose packs?? Loose packs could mean OPENED packs, while staying they are SEALED or MIP packs would leave you room for a dispute. Since they seemed to be opened up and searched. If I buy from ebay i only buy sealed boxes, and then I wont buy from dreamjoey anymore because i think he weighs his sealed boxes!
You can't weigh sealed boxes...

pokemonjoe said:
Binx345 said:
You can't weigh sealed boxes...
Yeah you can, you just won't get any good results.

Kingsley said:
Don't Buy Off Ebay. Buy Off Websites Like TnT , Cardteam Or Coolstuffinc

Ebay has reasonable prices and is negotiable though...

I don't think you'll win the dispute. It all depends on the item description, and how accurate it is when compared to what you bought.

Although it is unethical, people do this and get away with it if they accurately describe what they're selling.. It's kind of a "don't ask, don't tell" thing. The seller gives you just enough information to make you feel good about buying the same amount of packs that come in a box for a good discount, but you get ripped.

Lack of evidence to prove that the packs were weighed is probably going to go the seller's way..

Sucks to hear about this kinda stuff, hope you find better legit deals!

Why do people keep mentioning ethics and ripping? The seller listed exactly what he was selling. We don't know if he did or didn't weigh the packs, but as the buyer, it's within your right to ask. I've had buyers ask me if my packs are weighed or unweighed in the past and took no offense to the question.

Do your due dilligence and take responsibility for your own actions.

AnUnown said:
Why do people keep mentioning ethics and ripping? The seller listed exactly what he was selling. We don't know if he did or didn't weigh the packs, but as the buyer, it's within your right to ask. I've had buyers ask me if my packs are weighed or unweighed in the past and took no offense to the question.

Do your due dilligence and take responsibility for your own actions.

Because the OP mentioned the ethics behind this method of sales. Of course the thing to say is "Don't make stupid purchases" or something along those lines, but some people expect better from others which brings up the subject of ethics. You may not think it's unethical to withold information from the buyer, and in this case the OP felt cheated or lied to, that's all.

But when I have searched ebay lots of people products say either searched or unsearched sso you could say "He didn't tell me it was sear ched"

But he didn't tell you that it wasn't searched or that it was mint and right from a box. You'll also have an even more difficult time winning the dispute because there is a slim possibility that he didn't even weigh the packs or sort them in any particular way and you just got really unlucky. You can't use the "x of these cards should be in a box" argument because loose packs means it could be 36 packs he has assorted from random, non-box sources.

Huh I thought I posted before but I guess it didn't go through...

Asking about how to weigh packs is prohibited on PokéBeach. - omahanime

My bad, must have missed that in the rules section...

Also you can't really weigh boxes but there was something about breaking the "code" and you can tell which box had the ultra rares in it. I saw a guy do it on Youtube and his box had a Reshiram, Zekrom and Pikachu ultra rares. It's likely that dreamjoey knows how to do it. I think bigjohnmedia knows it too... Breaking the code is some complex thing were you can read the numbers on the barcode and figure out the patterns of packs in it... I'm not sure how it works...

Ultimately, it's your word against his and the burden of proof is on you.

On another note - I'm 99% sure Stop2Shop also weighs their loose packs.

Back