First 3 english Primes!

biggy

Pokemon Professor
Here are the first 3 Primes from the new set HeartGold SoulSilver:

108.jpg
109.jpg
110.jpg

source: http://www.pokevana.be/

These cards look great. A big improvement. REALLY glad we didn't get the yellow borders on these cards.

I like the feraligater best for both the card and artwork.....stll these are some of the worse primes coming out in the next 2 sets.

PS will there be any basic pokemon prime.....none have been revealed so far :(

goliaththegreat said:
there not that good in my opinion.

Yeah, I don't think so either. Feraligatr is nice, and the other two have decent powers, but I think that they'd be much better if they were Stage 1s, or if they had good attacks. However, if you remember back to the ex times, you would know that the first ex that were made weren't very good, but as the ex series went on, they got better, and eventually gave us decks worthy of winning worlds.

I also do think that Feraligatr is a cool one with nice powers. Also I noticed that they changed the border color! The yellow one was getting a bit old in my opinion. Also in the three cards the Pokemon seem to be staring at you as if your a suspect of a crime LOL.

The pictures look a bit weird, the cost of the energy for the pictures seems a little weird...BUT, thats just me. I feel none of these cards will make a deck. NONE. But 2, or maybe even all of them will be GREAT techs in a deck.

Typhlosion for Charizard, its obvious
Feraligatr for like Blastoise and high energy water decks, or maybe even to charge his spread version of himself, also from HGSS
Meganium...well-maybe like a 1-0-1 in a deck that uses lots of grass energy, because the player might want just 2 Sceppy GE, or if they are running 1-1-1 this might make a cute tech if you have room, but I SERIOUSLY doubt that.

I don't know..they're somewhat between bad and okay. I like Feraligatr best though because of it's grass weakness.

Soul Seeker said:
I don't know..they're somewhat between bad and okay. I like Feraligatr best though because of it's grass weakness.

I don't pick the cards I like because of Weakness usually, but Grass deck are very Rouge atm (Hoping for a really good Torterra to release though, it's bound to, there has been a good print of ever starter except for it)

Typhlosion Prime is the best of the 3 imo.
Followed closely by Feraligatr

Meganium is only good as a 1-0-1 tech in Tangrowth MAYBE.

Typhlosion will be beast as a tech in both Charizard AND salamence.

Finally they gave a Stage 2 Fire Pokemon the amount of HP that is somewhat on par with the Grass and Water ones. Normally Fire in the current format always gets the lowest (Infernape especially, with its 90 HP DP version, it's so mean), but this is nice to see for a change. This property seems to be shared between the Fire, Lightning, and Dark types. I hope the TCG gets rid of these slight, but annoying changes in types.

Meganium HGSS = Base Set Venusaur +
Feraligatr HGSS = Base Set Blastoise +
Typhlosion HGSS = lol what

These cards are good, but they're kinda lackluster. Nice art, though.

Babasai, this is exactly what I thought at first too. Does Pokemon recycle a lot of the attacks/Pokepower's a lot? Just going through a lot of the card wording it seems that the attacks seem to be similar to older cards.

I'm not that into the Prime artwork : ( Close up of the face doesn't really impress me. I miss the flashy look of the X cards and even the ex cards looked quite nice.

Ah well, too bad I just got back into pokemon TCG on the Arceus set lol

Back