Flapple, Appletun, Applin from Paradise Dragona!

The one we can predict if I’m not mistaken is that we will get baby Iron Crown, tho it was a bit expected

Kind of a bummer that TWM Applin is just better for Dragon GLC, Flapple will likely never have its Evolving Skies printing topped, and Appletun seems just okay. Conceptually I like it and I'm sure there's some fun stuff you can do with it but it also has to compete with the super busted Evolving Skies Flapple.

Rip.

Anywhere, where's my one prize Hydrapple?

So like.... are they just gonna start pretending that Flapple and Appletun are evolving stage 1s / mid evos now that Hydrapple exists?? Because that's the energy I'm getting from these cards.

People who are disappointed by this "dragon" set - first time?

TPC rarely theme sets beyond a few Pokemon, some sets have titles centered around 1 Pokemon. This is not a special set, it's a normal expansion set.

I'd say they've already exceeded expectations with at least 11 or 12 Dragon lines and so far all the AR have been fantastic.
A lot of us were expecting Evolving Skies 2.0 and it was even widely speculated that the poster card would be a Stellar Tera Rayquaza ex. Instead, we got a set where most of the Dragon-type cards are "goofy" ones (A. Exeggutor, Applin line minus Dipplin/Hydrapple) and many Dragon-type Pokémon are featured as their other types.

Honestly I think it would have been awesome if they had at least saved Dragapult ex for this set and made it the cover card.

Last edited:
A lot of us were expecting Evolving Skies 2.0 and it was even widely speculated that the poster card would be a Stellar Tera Rayquaza ex. Instead, we got a set where most of the Dragon-type cards are "goofy" ones (A. Exeggutor, Applin line minus Dipplin/Hydrapple) and many Dragon-type Pokémon are featured as their other types.

Honestly I think it would have been awesome if they had at least saved Dragapult ex for this set and made it the cover card.
Super unfounded speculation tbh. We knew about A Exeggutor ages ago, and we knew it wasnt a main set, also a lot of people did point out that no eeveelutions will simply fail to make this an evolving skies 2.0

I am so pumped for these cards. Appletun is one of my favs of all time behind corphish and eiscue

Just yet another case of pokémon fans creating things in their head and then getting mad that reality doesn't match their expectations.
There was NO indication that Rayquaza would be the poster child for the set and if y'all really thought that every single card in the set would be dragon-type, well, I don't know what to tell you... no set ever does that.

Just yet another case of pokémon fans creating things in their head and then getting mad that reality doesn't match their expectations.
There was NO indication that Rayquaza would be the poster child for the set and if y'all really thought that every single card in the set would be dragon-type, well, I don't know what to tell you... no set ever does that.
*Dragon Vault intensifies.*

Itsy-bitsy minisets aside, I guess I was expecting a higher percentage of Dragon types? Dragon Road (Which formed the majority of our Dragon Majesty) was a 53 card set with 17 Dragon types, and Paradise Dragona is a 64 card set that has... 8. I would personally have been surprised to see Rayquaza in the set with Alolan Exeggutor sharing the spotlight with Latios and Latias on the card artwork.

Now we might get Palkia, Giratina, Druddigon, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem (Eeh, with Black Kyurem ex in the set and a normal one released just before, probably not), Dragalge, Tyrantrum (Or maybe not? Others would know if Antique Jaw Fossil would fit in the set), Noivern, Zygarde, Turtonator, Drampa, or Guzzlord Naganadel or Ultra Necrozma (Unlikely) in the set as Dragon types. And Kommo-O could still theoretically fit in the set as a Fighting type. We'll just have to wait and see.

The second attack of Appletun is probably playable in Hydrapple. 130 for 2 energy on a stage 1 in a line you’re already playing isn’t too bad. Unfortunately, the fire energy kinda kills it. It’s like they are trying their best not to make a deck that has Hydrapple Appletun and Flapple in it, which is such a big shame

*Dragon Vault intensifies.*

Itsy-bitsy minisets aside, I guess I was expecting a higher percentage of Dragon types? Dragon Road (Which formed the majority of our Dragon Majesty) was a 53 card set with 17 Dragon types, and Paradise Dragona is a 64 card set that has... 8. I would personally have been surprised to see Rayquaza in the set with Alolan Exeggutor sharing the spotlight with Latios and Latias on the card artwork.

Now we might get Palkia, Giratina, Druddigon, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem (Eeh, with Black Kyurem ex in the set and a normal one released just before, probably not), Dragalge, Tyrantrum (Or maybe not? Others would know if Antique Jaw Fossil would fit in the set), Noivern, Zygarde, Turtonator, Drampa, or Guzzlord Naganadel or Ultra Necrozma (Unlikely) in the set as Dragon types. And Kommo-O could still theoretically fit in the set as a Fighting type. We'll just have to wait and see.
And Dragons Exalted. And Evolving Skies (minus the Eeveelutions). People were going off patterns. Based on release patterns, people were expecting a Rayquaza set, and while it was kinda unfounded, it was a pretty widespread belief. Even if it wasn't Rayquaza, people were hoping for a set centering around the TCG Dragon type, instead of the set we have now where we have a bunch of dragons of different types and nearly every actual Dragon-type card in the set is a silly fruit monster. Even if Latias ex, Flygon ex, Black Kyurem ex, etc. were all Dragon-type cards, it'd at least be a bit closer to what people were hoping for/expecting.

Back