• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Flareon With Yveltal/Lugia Techs

thelosh19

Moderately Experienced TCGer
Experience:Intermediate

Pokemon
  • 4 Eevee
  • 3 Flareon
  • 2 Leafon
  • 2 Trubbish
  • 2 Garbodor
  • 2 Audino
  • 1 Zekrom (Outrage)
  • 1 Zorua (Dark Explorers, Paralyzing Gaze)
  • 1 Zoroark (Foul Play)
  • 2 Terrakion
  • 2 Chinchou
  • 2 Lanturn
Trainers
  • 4 Professor Juniper/Sycamore
  • 4 N
  • 2 Colress
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 2 Random receiver
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Silver Bangle
  • 2 Silver Mirror
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 1 Muscle Band
  • 1 Computer Search
    Still Trying to figure out where 2 Tropical Beach can fit in
Energy
  • 4 Rainbow
  • 4 DCE
  • 2 Metal, Fight, Water, Light blend

Strategy
Overall, the main idea is to get pokemon in the discard pile to power up flareon's vengeance attack. Lanturn plus bangle 1HKO's lugia, yveltal and tornadus ex. Zoroark is good against genesect and Black Kyurem EX. Terrakion handles darkrai, garbodor slows down plasma, blastoise, rayboar, straight dark. Leafeon wrecks high energy decks.

I chose to use rainbows and blends instead of the "standard" basic fighting energy because the 10 damage you take doesnt hurt a deck like this with minimal HP, and it opens up more options for attacks. How many of you knew that flareon had 2 attacks printed on the card?

Well that second attack can one shot virizion/genesect without any pokemon in the discard pile. Lanturn can also for a rainbow/blend with dce one shot lugia, yveltal, tornadus ex.

This deck is a labor of love for the game, and is under high consideration to play at states. I still need to figure out where to get 2 tropical beach in.

To fit in the 2 beach; replace an N and a Colress for 2 Skyla, then replace both random Reciever for 2 beach. That's one way to do that.

Instead of Audino, which I assume you plan to use to free your active Poké from a Special Condition, consider adding Switch/Escape Rope. Should you encounter a player running Garbodor, Audino's Ability will not help you. Secondly, when you do place Audino onto your bench, its use is only for that one turn; it then just sits on the bench occupying a valuable bench spot and perhaps preventing you from placing a much more needed Poké.

I'd also suggest ou consider running a 2-2 Zoroark line instead of a 1-1 to dramatically increase your odds of having at least 1 Zoroark accessible.

As a Team Plasma (TP) deck player, I view any player's Silver Mirror as very minor inconvenience at best, for I will just either Scrapper it away before I attack with one of my TP Poké or use another non-TP Poké to attack the defending Mirror'ed Poké. I'd suggest replacing the Mirrors with Rescue Scarfs to aid in Poké recovery.

You may also want to consider adding perhaps 2 Skylas in order to help you search for a needed Trainer.

Relative to fitting in your Tropical Beaches, consider replacing the 2 Random Receivers.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

TuxedoBlack said:
Instead of Audino, which I assume you plan to use to free your active Poké from a Special Condition, consider adding Switch/Escape Rope. Should you encounter a player running Garbodor, Audino's Ability will not help you. Secondly, when you do place Audino onto your bench, its use is only for that one turn; it then just sits on the bench occupying a valuable bench spot and perhaps preventing you from placing a much more needed Poké.

I'd also suggest ou consider running a 2-2 Zoroark line instead of a 1-1 to dramatically increase your odds of having at least 1 Zoroark accessible.

As a Team Plasma (TP) deck player, I view any player's Silver Mirror as very minor inconvenience at best, for I will just either Scrapper it away before I attack with one of my TP Poké or use another non-TP Poké to attack the defending Mirror'ed Poké. I'd suggest replacing the Mirrors with Rescue Scarfs to aid in Poké recovery.

You may also want to consider adding perhaps 2 Skylas in order to help you search for a needed Trainer.

Relative to fitting in your Tropical Beaches, consider replacing the 2 Random Receivers.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Your comments are quite intelligent. I run garbodor for certain matchups, and in those matchups audino provides relief/ultra ball fodder. I never play it down unless it will cost me the game. I like the idea of switching Beach with RR. Maybe replacing N and colress with a couple skylas. More testing is required.

Also Zoroark has limited use, thats why i run a 1-1. But 2-2 if i had space would be fun.

A Poké pal (world class player) of mine runs an Eeveelution-Zoroark deck and it's great. So, enjoy yours and good luck at States.

It's either Flareon, Yveltal Garbodor darkrai, Plasma, or Blastoise for states

Nice deck choices... If your State tournament is like the one I'm going to this weekend, those decks are all good choices and you'll see those same decks (maybe except for Flareon) well represented (i.e., 12.5%+) in the field.

I also tought Plasma Klang, with Aromatisse would be fun, but it isnt fast or powerful

Back