• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

FluffyChomp! (Garchomp/Altaria)

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
Well, I wanted a Meta deck :p

Pokemon - 21

4 - 4 - 4 Garchomp DRE 90
3 - 3 Altaria DRE 84
3 Emolga DRE

T/S/S - 28

4 Professor Juniper
4 N
3 Cheren
2 Bianca
4 Level Ball
3 Rare Candy
4 Max Potion
2 Super Rod
2 Switch

Energy – 11

7 Fighting
4 Blend WLFM

Strategy:
Start Gible, get Altarias out, Rare candy into Garchomp, slap a Blend and another energy on; Swing for 120 or 160.

+1 Gabite: More built in search? Yes please!
+1 Swablu: 40 HP is too easily knocked out.
+2 Super Rod: Get back Altarias and things you Dragonblade.
+2-3 Emolga: I used to be against Emolga, but I think it's necessary in this deck at least until we get some more Basic search in trainer form. Normally I'd say three, but since you already run Switch (not sure why since everything has one Retreat), you can afford to skimp since with Switch, you don't HAVE to start with it; you can Level Ball for it and Switch. If you take out the Switch, I'd recomend putting in the third Emolga.
+3 {F}
-3 {W}: You need to be able to consistently hit {F}; that's all you need for Garchomp's first attack, and you shouldn't have to always resort to Dragonblade anyway.
+4 Catcher: I think you forgot these :p
-2 Rescue Scarf: I feel Super Rod is better as stated above, but of course, your choice.
-1 Rare Candy: Three should be fine. I run two in mine because I can't seem to get the T2 Chomp with three.
-3 Bianca: 15 Supporters is a little over kill, and I'm trying to create space.
-4 Ultra Ball: Gabite and Level Ball should be your primary search, and Dragonblade already discards material, so you'll really be wasting your resources.

Hope this helped.

FluffyChomp is supposed to be a fast deck. You should be set-up at turn 3 the latest else you will most likely lose the match. Therefore your deck should be built for speed.

Pokemon-wise, you need :

+ 3 Emolga - Emolga is the best starter for this deck. It has free retreat and enables you to "Call for Family" for two basic pokemon. Swablus aren't searchable via Gabite's "Dragon Call". Emolgas helps you get those Swablus out. You need 3 Emolgas for consistency.

+ 2 Gabite - Gabite's "Dragon Call" ability is the heart of this deck. It enables you to get your Altarias, Gibles, Gabites, and Garchomps. Three is the minimum number for this deck. But I will make you run four in order to make your deck run faster and consistent.

Now let's go to your Supporters/Trainers section :

You have the right idea of having a lot of draw supporters. Supporters are needed for you to set-up quickly. But I think you overdid it by 1 card. Thirteen (13) to Fourteen (14) supporters should suffice.

- 1 Cheren
- 1 Bianca

Since "Dragon Call" enables you to search for Dragon-type pokemon and since you are running a high count of supporters you do not need too many balls as well as pokemon communication.

- 4 Ultra Ball
-2 Pokemon Communication

You have the right idea in using Rescue Scarf in your build. It enables you to recycle your Dragon attackers. However Tool Scrapper will see play and Tool Scrapper will scrap those rescue scarves. Super Rod is a safer choice. Super Rod also helps you recycle any pokemon and energy discarded by the usage of Professor Juniper.

- 2 Rescue Scarf
+2 Super Rod

You are however missing the most important trainer card in the BW-on meta which is Pokemon Catcher. Pokemon Catcher enables you to bring up any pokemon in the bench which can be OHKOed by your active pokemon.

+4 Pokemon Catcher

(Note : If you cannot afford 4 Pokemon Catcher then I suggest using 4 max potions in its stead. Garchomp only uses one energy so it really isn't costly to lose one energy every time you use Max Potion on it.)

You have the right idea of having a high Rare Candy count in your build. Rare Candy enables you to have a turn 2 Garchomp which can be devastating. However I think 3 is enough for this deck.

-1 Rare Candy

Now let's move on to Energy:

The most important energy that you will be using in this deck is Fighting energy. Garchomp's "Mach Cut" attack requires fighting energy. Hence it is important that you have a lot of Fighting Energy. The Water energy component of Garchomp's Dragon Blade" attack should be provided by your Blend WLFM so Basic Water energy isn't needed in this deck.

+3 Fighting Energy
-3 Water Energy

id play less gabite, the goal should be T2 garchomp and at least T3 altaria.
-2 gabite
+2 communication (for when you have too many stage 2s or emolgas)

Gabite makes the world go round. I've found 4 gabite is pretty much a necessity, since dragon call is so chainable and effective. Communication could be helpful, but with the fact that all of you pokemon should be searched out by turn 4.

Puff said:
Gabite makes the world go round. I've found 4 gabite is pretty much a necessity, since dragon call is so chainable and effective. Communication could be helpful, but with the fact that all of you pokemon should be searched out by turn 4.

^This
I don't think Communication is really worth it in a deck where 2/3 of the Pokemon can be searched through Gabite.

Communication Is helpful for when you have Level Ball and need Garchomp, or Gabite when need Swablu; it also saves you from Junipering a Garchomp. It isn't necessary, though, and I only ran two in my build.

sonicjms said:
id play less gabite, the goal should be T2 garchomp and at least T3 altaria.
-2 gabite
+2 communication (for when you have too many stage 2s or emolgas)

You need at least three Gabites. They're more for consistency; good players will actually go for the Gabite before they start picking of Altarias. If you lose one, and another is prized, your setup is going to miserable. If you do get three out three, then you can really swarm Gachomps and Altarias. Even if the focus is for a T2 Garchomp, you can evolve the Benched Gible, Dragoncall for other Gabites (if you have another Benched Gible), and then Juniper or something. You only need to draw into a Rare Candy because you can Dragoncall for Garchomp, so having more Gabites actually helps the T2 Garchomp.

Edit: Sorry for the double post :p

Yes, and if you have Gabite, but need a Swablu or Level Ball and need Garchomp, it really helps.

I think 4 Gabite is way too much. You have candys for a reason, so drop the Gabite count down to 3. Swap the Bianca and Cheren counts as well. (Its your choice, I just think Bianca is a better draw supporter than Cheren because it can draw more especially in this deck) Finally swap 4 Max Potions for 4 Catcher. Or 3 Catcher and 1 Max Potion. Either way, Catcher is a staple and can win you games. It lets you pick off your opponents support or attackers and is overall a phenomenal card.

Back