Flygon LV.X from Rising Rivals (#105) [7/31]

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
105-flygon-lv.x.jpg

Guiding questions:
1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
2. What popular metagame decks is it used in?
3. What combos can you use it with? How so?
4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
5. How's the artwork?

Posts MUST be several sentences long with proper grammar and spelling or they will be deleted - this forum is to discuss specific cards so other people can learn about their potential in the current metagame.

1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played? Great card, destroying the Metagame for the past year, taking out LV X, and decking your opponent
2. What popular metagame decks is it used in? Donphan/Fygon
3. What combos can you use it with? How so? F;ygpn can run on it's own, or with something to attack at the beggining, but Fygon is mainly a late game killer
4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars). 4/5 Great card, but starting to become slow, and unpopular
5. How's the artwork? Great!!!
Edit: First Post!!!!!

1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
Flygon X is worth playing in lots of decks. A Resistance to Luxray is good, and free Retreat is a plus. Extreme Attack K.O.'s lots of of Metagame Lv.X's.
Donphan/Flygon
He's usually not played just for the Lv.X, but he adds into anything with Flygon. Mostly decks with a high Retreat Cost use the Flygon, but the Lv.X is good for decking your opponent.
4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
4/5, lots of positives and no glaring weakness.
5. How's the artwork?
Awesome. Looks like he's out to kill you.

Worth being played. It's pokebody is very helpful to increase your chance of winning by your opponent's deck is out. Also, flygon lv x could knock out most lv x.

I think that it stands well on its own, it can snipe important Lv.X's off your opponents bench. Also its Body is very good for locks. It is probably better to use other cards with it though.
Flylock, FlyChamp and FlyPgan
Flygon can be used to give almost anything free retreat so it can help almost any pokemon. Also if you use it with Slowking HGSS then you can control what your opponent draws and discards. DCE helps this cards speed as well.
4/5 Solid card, has a good matchup against almost any deck that uses Lv.X's, however it does have weakness to Garchomp C which hurts it because how used it is in the Metagame.
5. How's the artwork?
Pretty awesome

1. Flygon is great. Flygon has a free retreat and resistance to Luxray GL Lv.X, and a great body and attack. His body can mill like crazy, and discard valuable cards from your opponents deck. His attack is useful, but situational. Instant knockout on most Lv.X is great. 140 Hp is also good, but mediocre for a Pokemon of that level.
2. Flyphan is a big one, as well as Flytrap.
3. Because this is the Lv.X, milling is the biggest. Discarding one card every in-between turn is fantastic. KGL will also be an awesome combo, especially considering that retreat cost. Others include Donphan and such, but this is the Lv.X. Not the RR regular.
4. 4/5. Great card, I love using it. If Luxray hadn't come out together with Flygon, Flygon would be the RR card to get. Flygon Lv.X is so useful in so many ways. The weakness to Garchomp C isn't good though.
5. 5/5 Ooh! I just love this artwork. No doubt. The 3D effect of jumping out of the card is great. Big fan!

Yes, this card will forever be in my deck. I play it with Gardevoir, but changing to Machamp
Flyphan, Gardegon, Flychamp
I use it with Gardevoir and Jirachi, I get the energies with Jirachi, move them to Flygon, and take out almost all level X's!
4/5, It can be taken out against a SP deck, but still.
5. How's the artwork?
I love it, until I got this card, I thought the red things were his eyes, now I know.

By heavens, a good card!

1.) This card is great on its own. The Poke-Body is redonkulous, (it's super-special-mega-awesome), and the attack is OK. We'll be seeing Luxray GL LV.X for some time, so Extreme Attack will be good. Dialga G LV.X goes bye-bye, and what's that Mewtwo LV.X gonna do?

2.) FlyTrap and FlyPhan.

3.) It's great with Chatot G, Slowking GS, and other disrupting cards. You don't let your opponent do anything as you constantly discard your opponent's deck away, and you can continue to Power Swing with the Rising Rivals Flygon or Extreme Attack any threats on your opponent's Bench.

4.) It's good. Garchomp C LV.X is its only threat. 4/5.

5.) WOW. That's great.

dmaster said:
105-flygon-lv.x.jpg

Guiding questions:
5. How's the artwork?

1. Flygon Lv.X stands, without a doubt, extremely well on its own, because it has many different attacks for different situations. Flygon Lv.X is definitely worth being played because it puts pressure on your opponent because of of its wind erosion poke body, and also has attacks to immedately knock out most LV.X pokemon, deal massive damage to non-lv.X pokemon thanks to its previous form, and deck your opponent. (Note that decking cards are rare, which makes Flygon Lv.X all the better to use!!)

2.Flygon Lv.X is pretty much a meta-game deck in itself. People play Flygon Lv.X in pretty much any kind of deck imaginable, because it's a very flexible card thanks to its 0 retreat cost and normal-type attack costs.

3.I would use it in a 2-3 colored deck, because when I get lots of different energy in my draws, that will only help me with Flygon and Flygon Lv.X.

4. 4.5/5. I like the card, its 0 retreat cost, its LV.X destroyer, it multitude of attacks, but you still have to remember that flygon Lv.X is (tecnically), a "stage 3" pokemon, and therefore takes forever to get out. That's its only main weakness, but it's still a big weakness nontheless.

5. 5/5. The color scheme is perfect, and, as I have said before, I like card pictures of pokemon in action, not close-ups of a pokemon's face, so I feel this picture is worth 5/5.

I think flygon is way underrated.

its pretty fast with DCE (STAGE 2 IS NOT HARD TO GET OUT! STOP WHINING!) and both its body and power are completely beast. this card should definitely be run more often.

Gardegon said:
I love it, until I got this card, I thought the red things were his eyes, now I know.
Off-Topic: I know! I always thought that too,but now that I looked at the card again I know.
I don't play competively so I don't know,I just collect the cards.
I don't play competively so I don't know,I just collect the cards.
5/5 very cool,has some cool sounding moves and the artwork is nice.
5. How's the artwork?
The artwork is very nice.

1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or has potential? Is it worth playing?

I think Flygon Lv.X is good on its own. Its Poke-body, Wind Erosion, can discard the top card of the opponent's deck between turns if Flygon Lv.X is your active Pokemon. Wind Erosion can be pretty annoying, especially when a useful card is thrown into the discard pile. Plus, it also has an attack that can be very annoying against decks that rely on Pokemon Lv.X. You can choose one of your opponent's Pokemon Lv.X, and you do 150 damage to that Pokemon! That' literally a OHKO on most Pokemon Lv.X. Indeed, it looks like Flygon is good on its own, and it can be worth playing, but just remember to watch out for Garchomp C since Flygon is weak to it.

There have been many decks that have used Flygon Lv.X. These decks include Flychamp, which uses Machamp and Flygon as attackers, and as of now, Flygon/Torterra, which uses Flygon and Torterra UL as attackers. Yet, I noticeable thing is that in most Flygon decks, Flygon Lv.X wasn't that much of a general focus, as the main deck that actually uses Flygon Lv.X as the main attacker is Stallgon (sometimes called Flytrap). Here, with the help of a Memory Berry, you use Trapinch SW's first attack to prevent the defending Pokemon from retreating. At the same time, using this method, you can potentially begin decking out the opponent, which eventually goes to the point they end up losing by being decked out. Yeah, Flygon Lv.X has been used in many decks over the years.

To take advantage of the Lv.X, I would obviously use the Trapinch from Secret Wonders. As mentioned, I would use its first attack, with the help of Memory Berry, to prevent the defending from retreating, and at the same time, keep taking the top cards of an opponent's deck bit by bit to the point they eventually get themselves decked out. I would also try Chatot G or Slowking with Flygon Lv.X. Using Chatot G or Slowking, I can arrange the top cards of the opponent's deck in a way so that some of their most useful cards are thrown away into the discard. Certainly, looks like Flygon Lv.X can have some nice combos.

4. Give it a rating, and explain why you would give it that rating.

I would give Flygon Lv.X a 3/5. Flygon Lv.X is indeed a decent card. Its Poke-body can be pretty annoying. In fact, the Poke-body can be used in so many ways that can turn this card into a pretty annoying card. Its attack can also be pretty ferocious, especially since you can potentially OHKO most Pokemon Lv.X using it. The big downside with this card, sadly, is the weakness to Garchomp C, and since Garchomp C happens to be very popular in our format right now, Flygon Lv.X can't take as much fame as it used too. Still, Flygon Lv.X still continues to be a nice card to this day.

5. How's the artwork?

I definitely have to say, that looks like a pretty epic artwork for a Flygon. Flygon looks pretty fearsome here, especially since it literally looks like its going to fly off the card and into the battle scene.

1 Sadley on the battle field it dosent last long like cure gar does so thats one reason i dont like this card much not good defense quality's but if you have maganium prime or gardivor from platnium it could with sooper scoop up and broken time space

2 Well flygon was good long time ago but it still is good with machamp magnaium prime and gardivor from platnium.

3 well this can be good with slowking or maganium prime and sooper scoop up so and broken time space i would say there is the best defense quatly this card hase so i give it a 4 out of 5 it just dosent last on the battile field if i would give it higher but with maganium gardivor it could

4 the art work is fantastic with this card i really like it.

1) It stands good on it's own but could easely get sniped by Garchomp C X

2) The ever popular Flygon lock Metagame

3) Mabye add it in to Donphan to snipe garchomps

4) 3.7/5 Do to Garchomp C's and not the fastest set-up.

5) Not the best I've seen but not to bad.

Back