Friday, 2/29, POP 7 Scans and Set List, No New Characters in SSBB

Heavenly Spoon :F said:
xxashxx said:
They could have ditched Jigglypuff
* Heavenly Spoon :F gets knife

Wanting another character out just so your favourite is added is VERY self-centered. If anything Lucario obviously replaced mewtwo, Jigglypuff is innocent. I don't get why Sakurai removed Mewtwo either, but hey, that doesn't mean you should wish for others to be removed, there's nothing you can do about it anymore.
BTW, you got charizard, you really can't complain :S

Actually, WPM, the files could have been big enough to just provide characters with alternative costumes (Dr.Mario for Mario, for example), in which case Pluse and Minum would just be alternative costumes for Pikachu. They were both in the same character file, Popo and Nana each have their own file, so either way, if P&M would have been a separate character, Minum would just be Plusle's alternative costume. From what I've heard, Mewtwo and Roy had the biggest files, which basically means they were both last-minute cuts, a true shame, they even had victory music...

Yeah you are right but Jigglypuff did not have to be in 3 times. I wish they had made it both Lucario and Mewtwo. Jigglypuff is so weak in the Smash Bros games that only 2 to 5 hits and he is out. He does not pack a very good punch like the rest of the Brawlers in the game. They had room. They just did not use it wisely.:)

Gallade is in POP7, which is pretty cool. However, this means that more G&G decks will be popping up all over League and tournaments. More G&G decks means more mirror matches for me to face, which is really going to hurt for me.

(Forgive me if I sound bitter. I just got clobbered at Florida States by playing poorly in G&G mirror matchups.)

xxashxx said:
Yeah you are right but Jigglypuff did not have to be in 3 times. I wish they had made it both Lucario and Mewtwo. Jigglypuff is so weak in the Smash Bros games that only 2 to 5 hits and he is out. He does not pack a very good punch like the rest of the Brawlers in the game. They had room. They just did not use it wisely.:)
Ironically, Mewtwo was the weakest character in melee overall, and Jigglypuff had the strongest, non-chargeable move in the game with only 1 lag-frame needed to activate it (rest). It has been nerfed in brawl, but is still able to kill anything from 52-87% damage, based on weight. And, Jigglypuff wasn't even the lightest character in Melee, Pichu was (and got removed, so there). The people who say jiggly's terrible are usually the ones who just can't play her, as she's really not like the other character (spare kirby, in a way, but even he couldn't compare to Jiggly when it comes to air-movability).
BTW, Jigglypuff is probably in for the female Pokémon fans, she has Leaf-green's female trainer's weird hat as one of her costumes, and a Japanese flower as another. You must not forget that they added like no new female characters (if you count Zamus as Samus), removing Jiggly would go in against Nintendo's family-focused marketing.

And stop complaining, there's nothing you can do about it now. The roster can't be perfect for everyone, face it.

Heavenly Spoon :F said:
xxashxx said:
Ironically, Mewtwo was the weakest character in melee overall, and Jigglypuff had the strongest, non-chargeable move in the game with only 1 lag-frame needed to activate it (rest). It has been nerfed in brawl, but is still able to kill anything from 52-87% damage, based on weight. And, Jigglypuff wasn't even the lightest character in Melee, Pichu was (and got removed, so there). The people who say jiggly's terrible are usually the ones who just can't play her, as she's really not like the other character (spare kirby, in a way, but even he couldn't compare to Jiggly when it comes to air-movability).
BTW, Jigglypuff is probably in for the female Pokémon fans, she has Leaf-green's female trainer's weird hat as one of her costumes, and a Japanese flower as another. You must not forget that they added like no new female characters (if you count Zamus as Samus), removing Jiggly would go in against Nintendo's family-focused marketing.

And stop complaining, there's nothing you can do about it now. The roster can't be perfect for everyone, face it.

I have played with Jigglypuff in both game. She is very hard for me to handle. I had a heck of a time beating her targets in the first game because of the final platform where you have to jump really high while holding left and push pound about 5 times which is B and I barley made it in my game and I also did the same for one of my friends.. My thumb always slips and she falls asleep and then she dies. I hope they got rid of the sleep move sing because I always end up in the hole if I try to jump with Jigglypuff.:)

Well, now that I've calmed down about States, I can give a few rational comments about POP7:

Sure, it may be another reprint set, but at least it's a good reprint set. The Ampharos line and the Gallade line are both playable. Stantler, Spinda, and Corsola are all quality starters. The Wormadam/Mothim line makes a great deck for beginners (and will get better with the release of Unown P in MD). The only POP7 card that's not so hot is the Delibird.

Remember, like other promos, the POP packs are designed with your typical League player in mind - younger kids who might not have the money or time to build good decks otherwise.

xxashxx said:
Why Did they scrap Mewtwo and all these Pokemon? They could have ditched Jigglypuff and added Mewtwo. If Blaziken was considered as a character why did they scrap him? He would have been an awesome character to go with Charizard. If they really wanted to make it the best of the best then they would have added them. Same goes for Darkrai and Shaymen. They ditched those Pokemon in the final copy because it would run a bit slower. There are questions unanswered and can go forever but if they really wanted it to be the best then they would have added them to the game I would have rather had a slower game than characters that got ditched "Last Ditch Effort" means they did the ditching at the last minute.

yes they should have put mewtwo in, but when melee was out there was only 251 PKM, and mewtwo was super popular, jigglypuff is a classic and no way they can take any of the classic 12 out, and turns out they put captain falcon in brawl!(and give him a pikmin-killing entrance). blaziken was super popular when hoenn was newest, but lucario is very popular now due to his bge in the 9th movie, and sakurai wanted 1 fighting type, and the aura PKM just happens to be more known than blaziken, and 4 PKM characters Plus all of those pokeball guys, thats enough, although R.O.B. is a stupid character considering he is most known as a toy, even if known. now, who would want to play a laggy wi-fi match? not me! one thing people are worried about is online play lagging om wii, darkrai and shaymin were cool in all, but brawl is just fine without them

-Kirbzzz

The reason Roy was eliminated from Smash Bros. is because he was in SSBM to advertise a then-upcoming Fire Emblem game which has since been released. There's no reason for him to be in Smash Bros. anymore, which is why Ike is in there instead.

Mewtwo was most likely eliminated to avoid redundancy with Lucario and because Sakurai clearly wanted to limit each character icon to no more than four characters. If you look at the complete character roster, all of the characters with the same symbol line up within a single column, and each column is four characters tall. The four characters with the Mushroom symbol take up one and only one column, as do those with the Triforce symbol and the Poké Ball symbol. The two Fire Emblem guys share a column with the two MOTHER characters, and so forth. It essentially came down between Lucario and Mewtwo, and if Lucario was scrapped, then the 1st generation would have total representation in the playable characters.

Jigglypuff is still in here because, although her playing style is eccentric, she is still pretty effective in the right hands. If I remember correctly, the top players of SSBM put Jigglypuff somewhere in the middle, which definitely means she's got her uses. Even if you can't use Rest effectively, and it requires a lot of prediction to do it right, Jigglypuff has incredible horizontal air speed--and this time around, a wicked Final Smash. Both of which also require you know a lot about Jigglypuff to succeed as her.

And cut ROB some slack...He's the least-played character, even though he can edge-guard like no one else with those Gyromite tops.

Kirbzzz said:
xxashxx said:
Why Did they scrap Mewtwo and all these Pokemon? They could have ditched Jigglypuff and added Mewtwo. If Blaziken was considered as a character why did they scrap him? He would have been an awesome character to go with Charizard. If they really wanted to make it the best of the best then they would have added them. Same goes for Darkrai and Shaymen. They ditched those Pokemon in the final copy because it would run a bit slower. There are questions unanswered and can go forever but if they really wanted it to be the best then they would have added them to the game I would have rather had a slower game than characters that got ditched "Last Ditch Effort" means they did the ditching at the last minute.

yes they should have put mewtwo in, but when melee was out there was only 251 PKM, and mewtwo was super popular, jigglypuff is a classic and no way they can take any of the classic 12 out, and turns out they put captain falcon in brawl!(and give him a pikmin-killing entrance). blaziken was super popular when hoenn was newest, but lucario is very popular now due to his bge in the 9th movie, and sakurai wanted 1 fighting type, and the aura PKM just happens to be more known than blaziken, and 4 PKM characters Plus all of those pokeball guys, thats enough, although R.O.B. is a stupid character considering he is most known as a toy, even if known. now, who would want to play a laggy wi-fi match? not me! one thing people are worried about is online play lagging om wii, darkrai and shaymin were cool in all, but brawl is just fine without them

-Kirbzzz

Oh that is why Mewtwo is not in the game. I wish they kept him because he had an awesome move set. If you knew how to use it. I have trouble sometimes if I accidentally teleport but other than that he was pretty sweet.:)

WPM, you made a mistake, gallade and mothim were the cards we were missing, now we have all 17 scans, not 15

Back