• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Fun: Mud Gulp (Swampert / Milotic)

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon 10
  • 4 Swampert-EX
  • 2 Feebas (PRC)
  • 2 Milotic (PRC)
  • 1 Manaphy (PRC)
  • 1 Swampert (PRC)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Shauna
  • 1 Archie's Ace in the Hole
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 4 Battle Compressor
  • 4 Trainer's Mail
  • 4 Maintenance
  • 3 Acro Bike
  • 1 Energy Recycler
  • 3 Dive Ball
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Rough Seas
Energy: 17
  • 13 Water Energy
  • 4 DCE
Strategy:

A silly, risky fun deck. The aim is to mill your deck down to pretty much down to just Water energy, then use Swampert-EX's Mud Flood (I prefer Mud Gulp but whatever) for a semi-consistent 160-200 damage. This deck's Trainer lineup is made of deck-thinning and drawing tools, aiming to get rid of loads of stuff from the deck except the Water energy.

I've gone through loads of potential Pokemon lineups including Night March, 4 Manaphies, FLF Milotic and so on, but settled on PCL Milotic because it allows me to grab something from the discard if I need to reuse it. Diving Search Swampert lets me topdeck pretty much anything, including a DCE (3 Energy cost for Mud Flood isn't cheap) if I need it.

I was hesitant to include Sycamore because of potentially discarding Energy, but then Energy Recycler was recently revealed to be in Ancient Origins, giving me a way to recycle and- more importantly- to return the energy to my deck for more Mud Flood. Plus, Sycamore is useful in deck thinning, so there's that too.

Energy-Recycler-Ancient-Origins.jpg
[/spoiler

Last edited by a moderator:
Back