• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Future: Flareon-EX Speed

Yumikora

cd / Back to the roots
Pokémon: 7
  • 4 Flareon-EX
  • 1 Malamar-EX
  • 2 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 39
  • 4 Black Smith
  • 2 Professor Platan
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Battle Compressor
  • 4 Acro Bike
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Max Elixier
  • 4 Trainers Mail
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 2 Switch
Energy: 12
  • 12 Fire Energy
Total Cards: 58

Main Attacker:

Flareon-EX
– Fire – HP170
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Flash Fire
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may move a [R] Energy from 1 of your Pokemon to this Pokemon.

[C][C][C] Blaze Ball: 50+ damage. This attack does 20 more damage for each [R] Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Strategy:
Main Strategy is to setup Flareon-EX as fast as possible with Black Smith (1. Turn), Energy from Hand and Max Elixier.
Malamar-EX is in here because of Flareon-EX Ability, you just put your energy form your hand to Malamar and switch it over with Flareon. Flareons Ability also helps to prevent your energy from going of the board if you have multiple Flareon in play. Just pull every energy from damaged active Flareon and AZ it right in to your hand and send out your next one.
The current list has no non-ex-pokemon and even no stadium card, so there is some improvment to make to this current list. I'm really looking forward to this deck and I think it can compete or even overtrump speed charizard, since it has much more flexibility.

So, what do you think?

First thing I'd suggest is decreasing your count of Battle Compressor by one (maybe even two; test it both ways and see whether you can get away with just having two of them in the deck without damaging consistency too much). As far as non-EX attackers go, I'd put in one or two Entei AOR 14. They can get your Flareon-EX set up quickly or punish decks that like having a full Bench, which enables you to decrease the amount of Energy you have to put on any single Flareon-EX to deal with things in those cases. If speed is a concern for this deck, then you'll want a couple of Scorched Earth cards in there as well.

My preliminary suggestion is as follows:
-1 Battle Compressor
-1 Acro Bike (or take out another Battle Compressor - see which one works better for you)
+2 Entei AOR14
+2 Scorched Earth

I'll take another look later on and see if I can come up with any other ways to streamline this.

I recommend adding Team Magma Camerupt from Double Crisis to the deck as they can add to acceleration. Also, keep in mind that Flareon EX can only switch 1 energy per turn.

Thanks for your replies!

I think I will go with the stadium Scorched Earth as you suggested, but I don't like Entei for this very much.
Yeah he is good, but he has some issues. He simply can not K.O Regice for example without my opponent filling his bench, he would only be good, if my opponent choose to fill his bench. Other option I see here is to tech in Gallade with Maxie, thanks to the high count of Item draw Support it could work quite well.
Indeed I had a Gallade in my Speed Charizard Deck too, but there I also run DCE.

Maybe I just should put in Entei and accept my autolost against Regice, if I'm to slow to K.O it first.

I also considered Team Magma Camerupt, but it would be a very different deck, it is just not that fast. And like you said, you can only switch 1 energy per turn with the ability.

Maybe I just should put in Entei and accept my autolost against Regice, if I'm to slow to K.O it first.

Perhaps you could increase your chance of victory vs Regice by adding some energy discard : Team Flare Grunt & Xerosic work well with Battle Compressor and VS Seeker ; Enhanced Hammer is great in the current metagame full of D.C.E.

If Regice can't attack, you have more chances to beat him ;)

I would actually put in the AT Entei to OHKO Regice, as well as maybe one Weakness Policy, so Regice can't return the favor. Otherwise, I think you're pretty set on the deck. But then again, you definitely should put in 3 Scorched Earth, see what you should do about that.

Back