Galactic Conquest

Joethegreat1 said:
You could Combo Dialga G Lv.X and Ampharos GC to annoy the heck out of your opponent.

LOL

ROFL

etc etc.

Dialga G Lv X cancels out Ampharos' Poke-Body. Once more,

ROFLROFLROFL

Anyways, the reality is that SP pokemon rule the format. Like it or lump it, that's what's happening, k?

EDIT: SP decks don't need powers since they're so easy to set up. Seriously, what's so good about Beautifly? Honestly, just grow up everyone. It may sound cool but basically every card in GC 'ain't as great as they sound.

Let's be honest, the Pokemon in GC is not game-breaking. Surely, it will cause new decks, but it's far from disrupting the format.

On a side note, the moment I go to a prerelease, I'm trading away all of my SP Pokemon and inventions. Yes, I dislike them that much.

^Bleak outlook.

I would say that Galactic Pokemon do rule the format. Especially Toxicroak, Skuntank, Crobat start.

Yet most of the cards can be used with effectiveness. Beautifly is a little slow, kinda like a Sp. Condition Torterrible, but with Candy and Time Space Tear, it isn't impossible.

Zyflair, I wish I had someone at my PR who would do that, I think that would be rather helpful.

You do realize that an SP-Pokemon deck WILL be riddled with bad starts, has low HP, fears Mewtwo X and Machamp like no other and has no high damage output, right?

Bad Starts: Crobat/Chatot+Call Energy
Low HP: Galactic Base brings them down, or you can get the +20 from Snowpoint, dealers choice.
Fears Mewtwo Lv.X: Dialga G Lv.X (a little hard to get out but still able to be done.)
Fears Machamp: Call/Great Ball+ Unown G
Low Damage Output: Plus Power/Bucks/Poison all give enough damage output to be fatal.

All of which are barely enough to take up any space in the deck. The deck has answers to its fatal flaws. Better than what any other deck in the DP-GC format has to say.

Keep in mind that you're still facing a lot of undesirable starts. Sure, they're fixable, but when you're looking at 15+ basics, there are bound the be crap starts.
Low HP: Sure, Galactic Base and Snowpoint help and are required. But what's keeping the opposition from playing their stadiums?
Fear of Mewtwo X: Yes, Dialga G is their answer, that much is true. Regardless, he can be sniped and will be useless against a lot of other decks.
Fear of Machamp: Unown G is a crapcard most of the time.
Low damage output: True, but again, they're relying on secondary cards.

See, the thing is that they require very specific cards, which limits their options to use the specific support. Thus, there will be enough dillemmas to cope with for the SP deck. It will be a force, that much is true, but its not going to dominate the game.
Also, from what I see, they rely a LOT on Energy Gain. Which you can only have 4 of, and the rogue Mismagius/Electivire X is going to have a ball with you.

DawnOfXatu said:
Zyflair, I wish I had someone at my PR who would do that, I think that would be rather helpful.
I am not a fan of basics running amok (thus why I am not a fan of AMU either). I believe in using higher hp Pokemon with higher damage output. Locking is no doubt my weakest playstyle, with my second being swarming.

G Pokemon are nothing but that. Beyond their speed, I find the rest of their advantages to be counterable.

Lou Cypher said:
Keep in mind that you're still facing a lot of undesirable starts. Sure, they're fixable, but when you're looking at 15+ basics, there are bound the be crud starts.
Not really, I play the deck with
4 Toxicroak G
4 Crobat G
3 Skuntank G
1-1 Dialga G Lv.X
1 Unown G
With Crobat and Toxicroak both being desirable starts and the Unown G and the third Skuntank being optional the chances for a good start are fairly high.

Low HP: Sure, Galactic Base and Snowpoint help and are required. But what's keeping the opposition from playing their stadiums?
You should have the space for 4 Stadiums of your choice, that is quite enough to continuoulsy counter their stadiums.
Fear of Mewtwo X: Yes, Dialga G is their answer, that much is true. Regardless, he can be sniped and will be useless against a lot of other decks.
Dialga does have its uselessness. However all you have to do is take it out when you need to and you should be fine.
Fear of Machamp: Unown G is a crapcard most of the time.
Toxicroak has weakness and a built in Unown G, I think that should be enough to put Machamp in his place for the first turn or so, and after that you should be sucessfully setup and ready to hit hard.
Low damage output: True, but again, they're relying on secondary cards.

See, the thing is that they require very specific cards, which limits their options to use the specific support. Thus, there will be enough dillemmas to cope with for the SP deck. It will be a force, that much is true, but its not going to dominate the game.
Also, from what I see, they rely a LOT on Energy Gain. Which you can only have 4 of, and the rogue Mismagius/Electivire X is going to have a ball with you.
With the compacted version that I'm currently playing around with there aren't too many specific battle cards in the deck, aside from Dialga G of course. Energy Gain is very helpful, but you can still just use Call T1 and have the combo swinging on T2, no energy gain needed.

I realize that Galactic Pokemon have their weaknesses. Yet Machamp and Mewtwo can be played around. The deck has enough decent pokemon to start with, and has a strategy that can setup and hit hard for T2. That is what gives the deck the hype that it is getting.

does anyone know the japenese box ratio for this set? like...how many lv.x's/rare holo's/shiny/secret rares per box of 20 packs...? i havent bought japenese packs or boxes in a long time...so sorry if this is a stupid Q.

I'm looking forward to Handsome's Investigation, Ampharos, Blastoise, and perhaps Giratina.

Back