Game Freak Issues Statement on Massive Data Breach; Terabytes of Internal Pokemon Content Leaked

People who leak unofficially announced information that the owners of said information don't want to reveal are genuine scum for any community. Anticipation is the best tool companies can use to keep people interested even if it's been months. Rockstar is doing it with GTA6, Game Freak has been doing it with the vast majority of major reveals, including Legends Z-A, even TPCi did it with Ace Specs. There's no guarantee that we're getting Mega Evolutions in Legends Z-A. Is it going to happen? Most likely, they wouldn't have flashed the Mega Evolution symbol if they weren't. I'm willing to bet the people who obtained the info was looking for things on Legends Z-A, and I feel like source codes for older games should be made public, especially if there are no plans for the game in question, but regular people's privacy and safety is not worth getting to reverse engineer a fudging Pokemon game onto PC.

People who leak unofficially announced information that the owners of said information don't want to reveal are genuine scum for any community. Anticipation is the best tool companies can use to keep people interested even if it's been months. Rockstar is doing it with GTA6, Game Freak has been doing it with the vast majority of major reveals, including Legends Z-A, even TPCi did it with Ace Specs. There's no guarantee that we're getting Mega Evolutions in Legends Z-A. Is it going to happen? Most likely, they wouldn't have flashed the Mega Evolution symbol if they weren't. I'm willing to bet the people who obtained the info was looking for things on Legends Z-A, and I feel like source codes for older games should be made public, especially if there are no plans for the game in question, but regular people's privacy and safety is not worth getting to reverse engineer a fudging Pokemon game onto PC.
i disagree. preservation of culturally relevant art is in fact more important than weepy concern trolling. yes, it's illegal. no, it doesn't really make almost anyone involved "scum" outside of maybe the worthless "beta launderer" twitter and youtube accounts that will try to make shoddy view farming content out of what is now freely accessible information thanks to a hundred or so actually hard-working people researching what now exists for the benefit of the less savvy viewers.

For those who don’t want to read anything: all leaks are rather related to the anime but also tap into ZA and gen 10. what was stated here before by another user is one of the things, the other is a movie poster with a new pokemon on it (that may never happen). Nothing much you can get spoiled over tho.

For those who don’t want to read anything: all leaks are rather related to the anime but also tap into ZA and gen 10. what was stated here before by another user is one of the things, the other is a movie poster with a new pokemon on it (that may never happen). Nothing much you can get spoiled over tho.
anime production materials make up a lot of what we have at the moment but are far from all or even most of what we have.

Yeah this isn't a leak, this is straight up for real cyber crime, data breaches where personal information has been stolen and proliferated can be extremely harmful. It's also pretty disgusting if Nintendo is only just now contacting impacted people if they've known about it since last month, since that's what the article seems to imply.

Leaking things in the distant past bothers me less than leaking upcoming stuff, the former does help with preservation, the latter ruins people's work and may delay timelines for no real gain

the leak contained personal data, the hacker is not planning to release it at any point
Didn't they already release the gigaleak and the personal data?

A regular employee shouldn't have access to anything beyond a simple personnel list, which is pretty much a public thing anyway.
Having it compiled makes it more easily accessible

Didn't they already release the gigaleak and the personal data?
From what I understand, the hacker is piece-mealing it on their Discord, which is also why they technically have data on Z-A and Gen 10, but refuse to release it.
Having it compiled makes it more easily accessible
Having access to other employee's names, private e-mails - sure. Having access to their private information, like addresses or bank account numbers? This shouldn't be visible to anyone that's not HR.

Reminder to not talk about specific items that are leaked, especially possible future game content.

Back