• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Garchomp/ Altaria EX

Professor Pokémon

Aspiring Trainer
Maybe it`s to soon to talk about this deck, but I`d like to play it when the cards are released and I need help. The second thing is i try to build this deck without cards from Heartgold/ Soulsilver

4-3-4 Garchomp (Dragon Blade)
3-3 Altaria (Dragon Blade)
2 Terrakion EX
1 Mewtwo EX

7{F}
4 Blend Energies {W}{L}{F}{M}
2 DCE

4 Juniper
4 N
3 Bianca

4 Catcher
3 Candy
3 Level Ball
3 Ultra Ball
3 Switch

Strategy: It`s really simple hit with so much damage you can with Garchomp and Altaria. Terrakion is in there because it can power up my benched Pokemon and it will hit for 180 against zekeel or dark decks.

Here are the cards:
Swablu – Colorless – HP40
Basic Pokemon

[C] Sing: The Defending Pokemon is now Asleep.
[C][C] Peck: 20 damage.

Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 1

Altaria – Dragon – HP70
Stage 1 – Evolves from Swablu

Ability: Battle Song
As long as this Pokemon is in play, your Dragon-type Pokemon’s attacks do an additional 20 damage to any Active Pokemon.

[W][M][C] Glide: 40 damage.

Weakness: Dragon (x2)
Resistance: none

Terrakion-EX – Fighting – HP180
Basic Pokemon

[F][C] Rock Tumble: 50 damage. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Resistance.
[F][F][C] Pump Smash: 90 damage. Choose 2 Basic Energy cards from your hand, then attach them to your Benched Pokemon in any way you like.

When Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Retreat: 3

Gible – Dragon – HP60
Basic Pokemon

[F] Sand Attack: If the Defending Pokemon tries to attack during your opponent’s next turn, your opponent flips a coin. If tails, that attack does nothing.
[W][C] Knock Away: 10+ damage. Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 20 more damage.

Gabite – Dragon – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Gible

Ability: Dragon Call
Choose 1 Dragon-type Pokemon card from your deck, show it to your opponent, and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. You can use this Ability 1 time during your turn.

[W][F] Dragon Slice: 20 damage.

Garchomp – Dragon – HP140
Stage 2- Evolves from Gabite

[F] Sonic Cutter: 60 damage. Discard a Special Energy attached to the Defending Pokemon.
[W][F] Dragon Blade: 100 damage. Discard the top 2 cards from your deck.

Blend Energy WLFM – Special Energy

This card provides 1 [C] Energy. As long as this card is attached to a Pokemon, it provides either [W], [L], [F], or [M] Energy, but only 1 Energy at a time.

I suggest, since your Garchomp line is heavy and has lots of support (therefor making him your main attacker), you should include some water energy. Blend energies are fine, but they can get Enhanced Hammered, you can't retrieve them from the discard when Garchomp gets KOed, and if you don't get all of your KOs before they all end up out of play, you wont be able to attack with Garchomp anymore. That makes a ton of your cards useless in that situation.

-1 Fighting (Pump Smash can accelerate water energy as well as fighting)
-1 Gabite (Rare candies and Dragon call make 3 unnecessary)
-1 Catcher (I know you don't have Junk Arm, but with your damage output support you shouldn't need 4)
+2 Water energy
+1 Super Rod (allows you to retrieve energies and pokemon (such as Mewtwo) which might have been KOed out of play or Junipered)

Try this out. This should allow Garchomp to attack easier, and lets you recycle energies you need with Super Rod. Basically, the deck's focus would now be more on Garchomp. Also, I noticed your only supporters are draw supporters. Why not try Random Receiver, it'll net you a draw supporter every time. And even though you might reveal many of your deck's cards, you don't really have anything to hide, so you'd probably be OK.

I know that i need 2-3 Random Receiver but i don`t have the place and the only cards i can cut down are Terrakion, switch or Mewtwo and the DCEs.

Mewtwo EX is kind of unnecessary because Garchomp attacks with too little energy for Mewtwo to really be a threat to this deck. I think you'd find this deck can be run without Mewtwo and the DCEs. You can probably drop them for RRs or another fighting and perhaps two EXP. shares to help keep energy on the field.

No Mewtwo, no Terrakion. I've been testing this deck for a while now, and you'll never be able to setup a three Energy attacker in this deck. The purpose to aggro Garchomp; adding too many big attackers would just ruin the deck's consistency.

I think I might note that RR without Junk Arms aren't really as good as regular supporters because your ability to use supporters is lessened, so RR don't really benefit the deck, as far as I can tell.
*change of mind*

OK i will take out the mewtwo and the DCE.

Futachimaru, you said in your last post that you test this deck for a while, may i ask you, if you can post your deck list below.

Back