• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Garchomp/Altaria

Puff-Sun

Gogoats
Pokemon
4 Garchomp (DR 90)
4 Gible (DR 87)
4 Gabite (DR 89)
2 Emolga (DR 45)
3 Swablu (DR 104)
3 Altaria (DR 84)
1 Rayquaza (DR 128)

T/S/S
3 Rescue Scarf (DR 115)
3 N (NV 101)
4 Bianca (EP 90)
3 Professor Juniper (DE 98)
4 Pokemon Catcher (DE 111)
4 Level Ball (ND 89)
4 Switch (BW 104)
3 Rare Candy (DE 100)

Energy
Blend Energy WLFM (DR 118)
7 Fighting Energy (BW 110)

Fairly regular Gartaria build here. Tie stategy is to use Dragon Call to get set up turn 2, and consistently kill everything with Mach Cut. EMolga is necessary to get out basics early game, and Rayquaza can be used to score donks against mirror or Eels.

I'd like to find space for Terrakion, but I don't know what to take out. Thoughts?

I think Super Rod might be a little better than Rescue Scarf just because you can end up discarding important stuff with Dragonblade. One game I had a slow start and had to use Dragonblade twice in a row. I discarded a Gible, Garchomp, Altaria, and something else that I was fine with. Probably two Super Rods which leaves a space to max out N. With Stage 2's, you'll probably be down prizes anyway. Plus, once you get rolling, you almost don't need a hand. Of course I don't agree with Seitch, but you'll need it if you end up teching in Terrakion. I think you can safely drop at least one to make room for a third Emolga to get you set up.

The Switch is beautiful in here as most of the time you need one early if you don't start Emolga, he's playing a single Rayquaza which has a huge Retreat, etc. Also conserves Energies which is nice. 4 is a little overkill though as the list stands, so I'd probably cut one for a single copy of Max Potion or a Tool Scrapper (whichever one you think is more needed, but I'm partial to Max Potion). Unfortunately, I can't find room for a second one as it looks like you've got the essentials down, but if you find the room, a 2nd would be nice of either card so you can draw into it easier.

Also, I definitely agree with this guy's suggestion. Super Rod is absolutely vital in here and I would highly suggest two in the list before you add anything else like Tools, etc.

dmaster out.

-1 Gabite (A 4-3-4 line should be consistent enough, especially since this deck uses Rare Candy)
-1 Switch (4 is good enough- 3 can be complete overkill)
-4 Bianca (Cheren + Juniper + N are better, and give you more cards)
+1 Professor Juniper (Maxing out consistency)
+1 N (Maxing out consistency)
+2 Cheren (Gives more cards than Bianca, usually, but it's really a personal preference)
+2 Super Rod (Because of Garchomp's attack + in case you Juniper your other Pokemon/Energies away)

Back