Ruling gardevoir sw attack

revdjweb

Aspiring Trainer
gardevoir sw's attack says 'next turn your opponent can't use any poke-powers; but what if the defending pokemon was nidoqueen df with water and holon wp energy attached, which says it prevents all effects of attacks excluding damage.

would that nidoqueen still be able to use invitation next turn? what about a benched nidoqueen with the same energy attached which wasn't attacked at all, would holon wp & water energy still supercede the effect of gardevoir's attack?

that's one question I always wondered...
I believe the energy's effect bolck Gradevoir's attack effect, just like any other effect
I heard someone saying that it only prevents special conditions, do you think it's true?

Holon WP prevents all effects of attacks done to that Pokemon.

Gardevoir's effect is against the opponent, not the Pokemon.

Compendium said:
Q. Does Holon Energy WP prevent effects (excluding damage) done by an opponent's Pokémon powers (i.e. Machoke's "Strikes Back")? Or does it only prevent the effects from an opponent's attacks?
A. It only prevents the effects (excluding damage done) from an opponent's attacks. Effects from Trainer cards, Poké-Powers, and Poké-Bodies are not prevented. (Nov 17, 2005 PUI Rules Team; Jul 25, 2006 PUI Announcements; Jul 27, 2006 PUI Rules Team)

Draekfist said:
it wouldn't matter because it would get pwned in the face with it's weakness.

You win the thread.

You die of weakness in the first place.

Besides Holon Energy WP only stops effects on the Pokemon it is attached to, like status conditions for example. Cards like Gardevoir that attack your OPPONENT still go through.

Back