Gatr's Top 32 States Report.

MrGatr

Goin Rogue Baby :DDD
So, here I am going to my second only states (first one was in the era of luxchomp, and it made me not like these). My friend convinced me to go because he thought It'd redeem itself. So I woke up at 5:30 to get ready (big mistake). So I was ready to go at 6 AM, and we weren't leaving for an hour and a half. So I decided to read up on some stuff in a last ditch effort to learn more about the meta, and get some tips. So I read the article on six prizes about how not to go on tilt. Good decision. Next up, we leave, I buy new sleeves because mine are really dented from playtesting, and I make a last second change to get a Switch in the deck.

We arrive, and I'm busy distracting the TO so my friend (Dave) has a chance to get registered and not take the first round loss. He thanks me and he finishes, our TO gives me a sorta mean look, but admits it was clever. I grab my Darkrai/Lasers deck and go to my table.

Round 1 VS Terrakion EX/Archeops.

I started with Bouffalant and Darkrai, and just stared at his Terrakion EX. He fails to get energy and I KO one of his Terrakion EX's. He then gets two energies on it, Cathcers my Darkrai and hits if for 100. I retreat and finish the game off. This game was pretty suprising.

1-0

Round 2 VS Darkrai/??

This round was really bad for him. I start Darkrai, Ultra Ball, 3 Dark Energies, and 2 Dark Patch. I take my turn draw, and draw into another Dark Patch. Ultra Ball out Bouffalant, attach dark energy, retreat Darkrai, and get a T2 Night Spear. Later in the game I dominated him with Dark Claw winning 6-0.

2-0

Round 3 VS Darkrai/Hydriegon

I knew this dude wasn't someone to underplay. He apparently had almost won Idaho states, and was really good. He ends up getting the T2 win because of a lasered Mewtwo and his 140 damage being pumped out of Hydriegon. This made me kinda disappointed.

2-1

Round 4 VS Hammertime

This game was so much fun. He goes first starting with 3 Darkrai, and 2 Sableye. I start a lone Darkrai. For about 15 minutes we keep dodging each others Gold Potion because of N, and then, late game I get to use mine. I ended up winning this 5-0, and am feeling great for lunch.

3-1

Lunch

I tested a bit, and then an annoying kid wouldn't shut up near us. So we followed some hot college chicks up the stairs into a cafeteria, and ate up there. I'm feeling like I can go 6-1 today and get Top 8 easily.

Round 4 VS Rayquaza EX/Eels

I do feel cheated in this match because the guy got 3 electric energies 3 times in the first three turns with Celestial Roar, but what ever. So I lost T5 because of this crappy start.

3-2

Round 5 VS Blastoise Keldeo

All of my friends said I was gonna do bad today because of the amount of Blastoise/Keldeo players. So I was definately concerned about this matchup. When he starts with just a Squirtle, I get hope. We go back and forth bewtween KO'ing eachother. I X-Ball his Keldeo, he Secret Swords my Mewtwo. It came down to me drawing a single card. I top decked the Juniper and grabbed my Catcher for the game.

4-2

Round 6 VS Landorus/Terrakion/Terrakion EX

I start Darkrai/Bouffalant, and am proud to be killed twice in two turns. I lost hard. Ateast I X Balled a Landorus EX to death.

4-3

Round 7 VS Sigilyph/Crobat.

The judge catches him cheating multiple times. He rearranged my discard, Night Sighted three times in a turn, and took 5 minutes on a turn. They kick him for swearing and I take the win.

I make Top 32 (at 32cd) but have to go because my mom got there early.

Props:
Winning
Top 32
Watching my friend get Tropical beach and then pulling a SR Charizard.
Hot chicks on UofU campas
Harrasing all of Vulpix Yolk's friends
Meeting Vulpix Yolk

Slops:
No prizes,
food sucked
annoying kid crying at me again because he couldn't win a game
long ride home
having to drop
[mod]Nigle[/mod] for not showing up.

Overall I'm extremely happy with myself and will be doing much better at regionals. Thanks for reading :)

Nigel didn't show up because he was too busy winning Maine.:p

I hate players who cheat. It wouldn't even mean anything to me if I had to cheat to achieve victory. Hopefully he gets a temporary ban issued by TPCI.

At least you did better this time than last time. Top Cut is also capped at 16 unless I am mistaken.

Our TO made a Top 32 games so we could get Top 16 with down pairings and such. We had the weirdest number of Masters lol.

Is it against rules to rearrange or look through the other player's discard pile? Do they need to ask 1st and can someone say no? Please let me know, as I think somebody did this to me at my states. Now I want to stop that from happening again.

We arrive, and I'm busy distracting the TO so my friend (Dave) has a chance to get registered and not take the first round loss. He thanks me and he finishes, our TO gives me a sorta mean look, but admits it was clever. I grab my Darkrai/Lasers deck and go to my table.

PROOOOOOOOO PLAY. Whatever doubts I had about you have just been completely erased.

Anyways, it is DEFINITELY not illegal to look through the other player's discard. The discard pile is considered public knowledge, so you can look through it as many times as you want. As far as re-arranging it goes, I don't think it's against the rules, but I'm not positive. I let players do it to me because they just do it to make sure they have everything counted correctly.

Grats on top 32. Looks like you played really well, especially since it seems like 2 of your 3 losses were on luck. Nice job, sir.

Simbaa said that you are within your rights to say stop, and if he continue's apparantly he can get warned by a judge.

I generally do not like players rearranging the Discard Pile because if a rewind needs to be done it is easy to pick apart everything. If certain cards need to be found in the Discard Pile you could just turn them to the side. They are allowed to look through your Discard Pile though.

Back