• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Genesect-EX/Virizion-EX

Pokewiz1999

Aspiring Trainer
My current deck

Pokemon 15
  • 3 Genesect-EX PLB
  • 4 Virizion-EX PLB
  • 4 Drifloon PLB
  • 2 Drifblim PLB
  • 2 Drifblim DEX
Trainers 34
  • 4 N
  • 3 Juniper
  • 3 Skyla
  • 2 Shadow Triad
  • 2 Colress
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Sky Arrow Bridge
  • 1 G-Booster
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 3 Plasma Badge
  • 2 Super Rod
  • 3 Colress Machine
  • 4 Pokemon Catcher
Energy 11
  • 8 Grass
  • 3 Plasma Energy

Strategy
Fight with Genesect. Use Virizion to get energy as a starter and as a supporter. Plasma Energy are mainly to utilize Genesect's ability. Bouffalant is for non-ex support. Any feedback helps! :D

Formatting fixed.~KA

If I have Sky Arrow I'll switch the switches (Don't laugh) with something else.

Sorry, just couldn't avoid laughing so hard I ended on the floor for about 2 minutes... XD
ANYWAYS..., why don't you use G-Booster for your ACE-Spec instead of G-Scope? Grass is never resisted, so it's practically a certain KO. In case you do that, replace Ghetsis for 2 Energy Retrieval, those will help in case you run out.
-1 G-Scope
-2 Ghetsis
+1 G Booster
+2 Energy Retrieval

Luispipe8 said:
If I have Sky Arrow I'll switch the switches (Don't laugh) with something else.

Sorry, just couldn't avoid laughing so hard I ended on the floor for about 2 minutes... XD
ANYWAYS..., why don't you use G-Booster for your ACE-Spec instead of G-Scope? Grass is never resisted, so it's practically a certain KO. In case you do that, replace Ghetsis for 2 Energy Retrieval, those will help in case you run out.
-1 G-Scope
-2 Ghetsis
+1 G Booster
+2 Energy Retrieval

I SAID DON'T LAUGH XD Anyway. I like to snipe things so I like G-Scope. And I also prefer to not use anything that discards. It's how I play I'm weird that way. I know I'll use them both! Haha! Thanks for the feedback!

You realize that Colress Machine doesn't trigger Genesect's Ability, right? With that in mind, I really don't see the point of Colress Machine in this list. Either add in Plasma Badge for the chance of a turn 1 Virizion, or drop the Colress Machine entirely. Also, with Genesect's power, I really don't think that 4 Pokémon Catchers is a must in here. With the amount of search power that you are carrying, I really don't think that Emolga is a good use of space. Some more attackers would be nice to see, as of now, this deck is very one dimensional.

-1 Pokémon Catcher
-2 Colress Machine
-2 Emolga
-3 Eviolite (you can invest the space better)
-2 Grass Energy

+1 Plasma Energy
+1 Virizion EX
+2 Virizion NV
+3 Deoxys EX
+3 Prism Energy (FDPG Blend)

This list give you a lot more options. Virizion EX and Virizion NV are both very solid starters. Not too mention that Virizion NV gets around annoyances like Klinklang and Sigilyph. I thought the Deoxys EX was a good route to take. Runs off the same Blend, stops Mewtwo in its tracks, and adds to your overall damage output. What isn't there to love about that?

Shining Armor said:
You realize that Colress Machine doesn't trigger Genesect's Ability, right? With that in mind, I really don't see the point of Colress Machine in this list. Either add in Plasma Badge for the chance of a turn 1 Virizion, or drop the Colress Machine entirely. Also, with Genesect's power, I really don't think that 4 Pokémon Catchers is a must in here. With the amount of search power that you are carrying, I really don't think that Emolga is a good use of space. Some more attackers would be nice to see, as of now, this deck is very one dimensional.

-1 Pokémon Catcher
-2 Colress Machine
-2 Emolga
-2 Grass Energy

+1 Plasma Energy
+1 Virizion EX
+2 Virizion NV
+3 Deoxys EX

This list give you a lot more options. Virizion EX and Virizion NV are both very solid starters. Not too mention that Virizion NV gets around annoyances like Klinklang and Sigilyph. I thought the Deoxys EX was a good route to take. Runs off the same Blend, stops Mewtwo in its tracks, and adds to your overall damage output. What isn't there to love about that?

I don't get a lot of money so I have no idea how I'm gonna get Deoxys-EX... All other changes I can see working. I'll proxy Deoxy's maybe and test it. I'll update the list immediately. Thanks for the feedback!

Pokewiz1999 said:
I SAID DON'T LAUGH XD Anyway. I like to snipe things so I like G-Scope. And I also prefer to not use anything that discards. It's how I play I'm weird that way. I know I'll use them both! Haha! Thanks for the feedback!
I get you, but if it has to be done, it has to be done... :/ I was a lot like you, I actually stayed away from Junipers, Ultra Balls and such because I only looked at the downside of each card, instead of the possibilities they give...

Luispipe8 said:
Pokewiz1999 said:
I get you, but if it has to be done, it has to be done... :/ I was a lot like you, I actually stayed away from Junipers, Ultra Balls and such because I only looked at the downside of each card, instead of the possibilities they give...

Well I'm gonna try it with Scope then maybe with Booster and see which I think works better.

Pokewiz1999 said:
Shining Armor said:

-1 Pokémon Catcher
-2 Colress Machine
-2 Emolga
-2 Grass Energy

+1 Plasma Energy
+1 Virizion EX
+2 Virizion NV
+3 Deoxys EX

I don't get a lot of money so I have no idea how I'm gonna get Deoxys-EX... All other changes I can see working. I'll proxy Deoxy's maybe and test it. I'll update the list immediately. Thanks for the feedback!

Keep in mind that Deoxys is going to be released in a tin this fall. Its price will drop to below what Genesect will be at, I'd imagine. Also, an after thought, you might want to tech a Plasma Fridge to give yourself a chance against a mid to early game Victini EX. With the released of Genesect, I expect it to pick up some stream. You could drop a Skyarrow Bridge for one.

Shining Armor said:
Also, an after thought, you might want to tech a Plasma Fridge to give yourself a chance against a mid to early game Victini EX. With the released of Genesect, I expect it to pick up some stream. You could drop a Skyarrow Bridge for one.
You meant Plasma Frigate or Plasma Badge? :/

Why are you using Deoxys-EX? This deck definitely doesn't even want to start with Genesect, so why Deoxys? Anyways, this deck isn't a Plasma deck: if it were, it would run Thundurus, so drop the Deoxys-EX. Why G-Scope when you can use G-Booster? Red Signal+Genesect's non-G-Booster attack is already better than G-Scope, so use G-Booster. G-Booster is an insta-kill on everything save Giant Cape+Aspertia Gym+Lugia-EX (or Tornadus-EX), which is by far uncommon, so G-Booster is definitely worth the space. Just my thoughts on your new additions.

Since G-Booster and G-Scope are Team Plasma cards, maybe a couple of Shadow Triads? Your G-Scope will sometimes get scrappered or the Pokemon it's on knocked out, and you'll want it back.

I've already played a proxied Genesect/Virizion myself, and you need those Shadow Triads. As soon as your Ace Spec is on Genesect, all your opponent will be thinking is Tool Scrapper. Shadow Triad is a must, even if it is just the one or two.
Also, I'm not playing Mewtwo in my build but instead Bouffalant. It's a great non-EX counter to EXs, and considering you aren't playing G-Booster, you're going to have a very hard time against PlasmaKlang.
You might also want to bump it up to 4 Virizion EX. You desperately want to start Virizion with a Genesect on the bench, play Grass to Virizion, Team Plasma Badge and Colress Machine to Virizion and you have an Emerald Slash T1 with Genesect ready to go T2.
Hope I've helped! :)

I don't see a lot of use in playing Giratina to be honest, it's best potential comes about with Lasers but when Virizion EX comes out it's going to be teched in loads of decks (Darkrai and Plasma in particular). If the opponent has a Virizion out and a Blend/Prism on the active, your Giratina is useless.

Ryan Sinclair said:
I don't see a lot of use in playing Giratina to be honest, it's best potential comes about with Lasers but when Virizion EX comes out it's going to be teched in loads of decks (Darkrai and Plasma in particular). If the opponent has a Virizion out and a Blend/Prism on the active, your Giratina is useless.

Silver Mirror will be a card to look out for.Plasma Players will use Tool Scrapper in almost all there decks,just to counter it. lol

Giratina switched to Bouffalant. Thinking about switching something for a 3rd Tool Scrapper

Pokewiz1999 said:
Giratina switched to Bouffalant. Thinking about switching something for a 3rd Tool Scrapper

Strike that. Switching a grass for a scrapper.

Miscalculation. List updated.

-2 Deoxys EX (20+ damadge is not going to do anything)
-4 Prism (i took out deoxys so there is no points and 14 energy is to much)
-1 Shadow Triad (2 is fine)
+3 Grass (since I took out Prism)
+1 Virizion EX (you need to start with it)
+3 N (you need 4 N cant see anything else to take out so 3 will have to do)

DeckMaster said:
-2 Deoxys EX (20+ damadge is not going to do anything)
-4 Prism (i took out deoxys so there is no points and 14 energy is to much)
+3 Grass (since I took out Prism)
+3 N (you need 4 N cant see anything else to take out so 3 will have to do)

Might take out Deoxys but I'm keeping Prism since Keldeo is for fire defense and I'd like to have his attack be pretty powerful. Maybe take out one or two prism. I already have 4 N...

ya sorry just relized that try this instead
-2 Deoxys EX
-1 Prism
+1 Professor Juniper
+2 (or 1) Colress

Back