Ruling Giant Stump

BoDragon

Aspiring Trainer
From PokéBeach's Eidilon Forest spoiliers:
Giant Stump - Trainer - Stadium
Each player can only have 3 Benched Pokemon. If you or your opponent have 4 or more Pokemon on your Bench when this card is played, discard Pokemon and all cards attached to them until there are 3 left.

If a player discards his/her Pokémon, would those discarded Pokémon be considered Knocked-Out?

RE:  Giant Stump

Gardevoir88 said:
if you had 4 pokemon while you had giant stump could you chose which pokemon you want to discard?

I would discard a Benched Pokémon that is 10 HP away from being Knocked-Out or is no longer needed (i.e. Plusle, Jirachi). If you need to bring back thosed discarded Pokémon, use a Holon Farmer or Pokémon Retriever.

This card will change the game. Think of it this way, you play Giant Stump and Discard 2 of your highly damaged Ex's... your opponent loses the chances for 4 prizes and it screws them over too if they have a big bench. Then you just play Retriever or Farmer and get your Ex's right back, how is that not changing the game? At least this card will kill Ludicargo off a bit.

RE:  Giant Stump

Abhorsen said:
This card will change the game. Think of it this way, you play Giant Stump and Discard 2 of your highly damaged Ex's... your opponent loses the chances for 4 prizes and it screws them over too if they have a big bench. Then you just play Retriever or Farmer and get your Ex's right back, how is that not changing the game? At least this card will kill Ludicargo off a bit.

Hmm, never thought of it that way. Even if it's changig the game it'll find its way into my deck. ;)

Well it will make many combo decks slightly harder to play, Ludicargo will still exist but just in fewer numbers. If it were shuffle into deck and Not discard then it would be better but even still, getting 2 highly damaged Ex's off the field is like Briney to the Max and it's not even a supporter :p

Imagine it with Legend Maker Cradily.

Not only do you cut down their Bench, you devolve whatever they have left.

^Ugh.

I'd say Ludicargo would die out quickly after Legend Maker comes out, and [offtopic] Scizorgross won't be as good, with Arcy ex pwning everything in it, bar the Deoxys that some people play.

On the other hand, with all these wonderful Stadiums around, Hariyama, I think, would gain some popularity.

it works well in ZRE deck or Blissy RAMZ deck since it can provide more space to place pokemon after you replace with other gym:)

Lunatone and Solrock work real well in ZRE.

I'd say that ZRE and Medicham will be the biggest decks in the format.

I LOVE Giant Stump. Sure, it messes up setup, but I personally like disruption, especially stuff that can't be stopped like ER2's, Evolutionary Powers, and Stadiums. This card will hurt decks like Ludicargo, SMP, MetaNite, Queendom, and some others quite a bit. I like it...NO! I LOVE IT!

this card will do very well in anyT2 decks but if your still playing ludicargo, you might want to consider putting in hariyama ex for his pokebody and you can also cover ludicolos weakness to electric

Back