Finished Golden Balls - Celever is the Champion! - Game 2 Split/Split Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone seems kinda aggressive here haha. Why wouldn't I point out that someone who's blaming me for something might also have killers in their back row?
Because it's obvious. It's like saying in mafia "that person may be mafia". It's obvious, and doesn't need to be said. Any one of us could have killers.
Lord's taking this really seriously considering this is such a small game. I wonder why... You know, it's almost like she's trying to act confident. Although, that's my opinion, and I cant deny what's in my front row. So if you guys vote me out, that's fine with me.
I'm taking it seriously because I'm in it to win it. Wouldn't mind being the champion ^w6

This concerns me. Here's a question for you then. Hypothetical situation: it's the last round, and it's me vs you. Would you split or steal?
To be honest I don't know yet. Depends on what the team is, how well I can use those Pokemon, etc. It doesn't really depend on who I'm facing but what I'm battling with. Splitting or Stealing is likely something I'll decide in the moment.

I'd probably pick split... But that's because I like fighting on showdown with different formats. :p Providing that we were to both pick split that'd be a potential two fights.

The spectator QT has been created. Like this post if you would like the link to it. (You can't be in the QT if you're a player in the current game.)

Last edited:
I love the prisoners dilema, but it is really dependent on a couple of things. I am generally in favour of split, but unfortunately this isn't the kind of game that we have multiple trials to show people the best option. Regardless, I think I know who would pick what against me, and I don't mind too heavily facing some of you, I definitely don't want to face Cody. Otherwise, I will say, more than likely I will choose split

I think at this point I'd like to pick Lorde. I don't want to face someone who will steal in the split or steal round.

I think at this point I'd like to pick Lorde. I don't want to face someone who will steal in the split or steal round.
I never explicitly said I'd pick steal though.

Also, isn't the goal to try and drown out killers? I'm banking on dos having 2 of them and his other Pokemon don't sound that amazing. He's got 1 killer confirmed, and a Stoutland, also claimed Ferro and Blissey but his front and back rows are like night and day, there's too much contrast for it to be that believable.

I never explicitly said I'd pick steal though.
You were the only one to not pick split though. :p
Also, isn't the goal to try and drown out killers? I'm banking on dos having 2 of them and his other Pokemon don't sound that amazing. He's got 1 killer confirmed, and a Stoutland, also claimed Ferro and Blissey but his front and back rows are like night and day, there's too much contrast for it to be that believable.
You know, I find it funny that the person with Serperior and Celebi in the back row finds mine unbelievable.

You know, I find it funny that the person with Serperior and Celebi in the back row finds mine unbelievable.
It's partially because of the tiers, but it's mainly because of the very high contrast between your rows. Sure my back row is better but the play-ability difference between them isn't that big. Of course there's always going to be contrast, and of course there can always be an PU and a killer in one row and two OUs in the back. It's always possible, just not that likely or believable.

You have to understand where I'm coming from with this. As a player with no killers and a fairly decent front row there's not much reason for me to lie, whereas you have a confirmed killer and PU you need to make your back row look as playable as possible to stay in the game.

Also, I know what I have, and I don't know what you have, and vice versa. It's why my Pokemon seem unbelievable to others and your back row seems unbelievable to me.

Lorde actually makes a good point. Stoutland isn't a great Pokémon, but the opportunity cost of losing dos' back row (where one of the Pokémon at least should be correct) is a little too vast for me.

Of course there's always going to be contrast, and of course there can always be an PU and a killer in one row and two OUs in the back.
If you're referring to what I have, Blissey is UU jsyk. :p
You have to understand where I'm coming from with this. As a player with no killers and a fairly decent front row there's not much reason for me to lie, whereas you have a confirmed killer and PU you need to make your back row look as playable as possible to stay in the game.
Well, there's only no reason to lie if your back row is what you say it is, however that's WIFOM. All I have to go off of is your word, and in this game... Your word cant really be a fact. Considering that you've acknowledged that we cant know what each other have, Im surprised youre saying something that's entirely dependent on your row. This might just be me, but it looks like youre trying to prove this is your your real back row a bit too much.

Well, there's only no reason to lie if your back row is what you say it is, however that's WIFOM. All I have to go off of is your word, and in this game... Your word cant really be a fact. Considering that you've acknowledged that we cant know what each other have, Im surprised youre saying something that's entirely dependent on your row. This might just be me, but it looks like youre trying to prove this is your your real back row a bit too much.
How does what I said depend on my back row?
Lorde actually makes a good point. Stoutland isn't a great Pokémon, but the opportunity cost of losing dos' back row (where one of the Pokémon at least should be correct) is a little too vast for me.
K. Ferrothorn is good, I'd love to see that make it to the final round, but my concern for a killer and a PU making it to the final battle is concerning to say the least. It is confirmed that dos has 1 killer and a PU, there's no arguing this. However based on what he's claimed I'm still not sold on keeping him. Not to mention, he's amazing at battling, and is the one person I especially do not want to face in the end.

And after coming back and looking at the thread I'm actually quite weary of Vracken right now. He's barely made an effort to contribute to the conversation, and his claim of having both UUs in the back makes it seem like he's trying to make his back row look relatively good but not too strong. I'm not too sure about his VGC capabilities, but the rest of it is still something I'm looking out for.

Leaning towards dos but if something comes up in these final hours I could swing to Vracken.

I haven't been contributing because a lot of this is just trusting in what others say. I personally want to go with Cody because his front line is garbage, and tbh, I am the kind of person who is going to assume, through variance, that the back lines will be average. Beyond that I have also had a killer headache for the last day, makes it really hard to concentrate sorry.

In response to Lorde's claim about me trying to make my back line seem ok, but not amazing, I don't choose the mons, if you think about variance in these kinds of games, it makes sense that I would have an average back line.
Finally, in regards to the steal vs split, it makes sense to be wary of Cody, we all know he is a decent battler. I know Lorde isn't the best, nor am I. How good is Celever? I am inclined to split, but I wouldn't put it past me to steal with Cody, cause I hate facing him in battles :/

I haven't been contributing because a lot of this is just trusting in what others say. I personally want to go with Cody because his front line is garbage, and tbh, I am the kind of person who is going to assume, through variance, that the back lines will be average. Beyond that I have also had a killer headache for the last day, makes it really hard to concentrate sorry.
1. If it's based on someone else's word and it makes it hard to contribute why did you sign up?
2. Hope you get better.

In response to Lorde's claim about me trying to make my back line seem ok, but not amazing, I don't choose the mons, if you think about variance in these kinds of games, it makes sense that I would have an average back line.
I guess. Most likely you will end up with an average any line.

There are multiple reasons dos is the best choice here. 1) Even with what's been claimed, he has the worst set of mons. 2) He is a formidable opponent I'm not sure any of us could take. Since the discussion phase is just about over I think this is where my vote will go.

I just, haven't really felt there was a lot to contribute, I can try to tear peoples arguments apart, but they are for the most part, pretty logical, I don't think it will really accomplish much sort of just saying things to say them. Otherwise, I think I pretty well summed up my thoughts. I am pretty likely to go for people who have confirmed killers because I believe in statistical distribution of these things roughly averaging out everyone's back lines.

---GAME 1---

Round 1 - Voting
The voting stage of Round 1 has now begun. No players may post in the thread.

@Celever @double o squirtle @Vracken @Lord o da rings

You have 24 hours to submit your votes for who to eliminate to me via PM. Further details on voting (such as what happens in a tie) are available in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back