Good cards at the LA prereleases

More Pokemon to fear!

Lopunny: Drawing 3 cards for no enegy is great. 30 for 2 colorless isn't too good, but if it an evolved pokemon it does 60 damage which is pretty good for 2 energy. Also its Body is really good as well.

Crawdaunt: The only move I really like is the first move. For 2 energy if you flip heads you return the defending pokemon and all cards attached to him.

Swalot: 30 for 2 isn't great, but if you have more remaining HP it does 80 damage for 2 energy which is really good. And 3 energy for auto poison is also really good

Gliscor (Rare): for 2 energy you can do a possible 70 if you flip heads.

There are a lot of flipping cards in this set. But I would take the risk with most of these cards, most of there damage output are great with just a toss of a coin or die. A risk I am willing to take in limited.

I already posted Lopunny, but I'll add all yours to your list.

More.

Misdreavus
Not a feared card at all, but has a good first attack. Like buneary(MD), you can search your deck for any basic energy and put it in your hand. For no energy. Plus, it's a common card, so you might get at least 1 in the 36 commons you start with.

Gliscor (#5)
This card is a good one for many reasons. For one, it's like the Wigglyrai combo, but has major differences.
1) This combo only requires 1 pokemon. (although 2 gliscor would be nice, since it will take 2 turns to charge up the one you returned to your hand)
2) Pester is very similar to Sleep Hole, except it costs 1 less energy and doesn't inflict a status condition.
3) Sleep Hole requires the defending pokemon to be asleep to deal 80 damage. Pester deals 80 damage as long as the foe has any special condition.
4) Darkrai has a lv.x that kos with sleep, but gliscor's lv.x automatically inflicts status conditions to power up Pester.
So in many ways, this card is like Wigglyrai, but with 1 card instead of 2. I see a lot of potential with this card in both limited and modified.

Back