Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
After 26 years, the final episode of Ash and Pikachu’s journey just finished airing in Japan. It is the end of an era for many longtime Pokemon fans.

Fr6A3MEaIAEwIae-200x113.jpg

Fr6A1goaMAQD_g8-200x113.jpg

Fr6A1_gaQAEIWA_-200x113.jpg

Following the episode, a preview aired for the new Pokemon series, now named Pokemon Horizons. TPCi has uploaded an English subbed version of the trailer:

The series will focus on “uncovering the mysteries of the Pokemon world.” Dual protagonists Liko and Roy will encounter many characters during their journey, including a group called the Rising Volt Tacklers led by Friede and Captain Pikachu.

Pokemon_Horizons_The_Series_Main_Visual-141x200.jpg

Continue reading...

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I'm not romanticizing the old anime, the latest season wasn't even confident enough to call itself "Sword & Shield", being more of a Pokemon Go fanfiction. It always had a massive problem of being a game adaptation but also its own thing at the same time.
That said, the direction of going with more generic, less coherent plot doesn't sit well with me either (and NPC-like character designs). It's an extremely old-fashioned way of doing a show, where mainstream anime currently has some massive hits with strong storylines.

Once again we're in a situation where Pokemon could spend some of its ungodly amount of money to fund a strong, 24-episode show that has a defined structure and narrative goal. But that would involve taking a risk, which they're obviously not ready for.

Rallyvincent

Aspiring Trainer
Let it go
No. I grew up with ash and i spend 10s of thousands every year on my pokemon collection. Pokemon is extremely special to me. Also there was an interview with the creator or someone like that that hinted at ashs return. I look forward to the return of ash. Hopefully in a big blockbuster movie.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
Genuine question: What was the point of getting rid of ash if you're going to have a male main character from Kanto, the other main character go to a school in kanto, and give side characters Pikachu and Charizard anyway? Are the monkeys making this anime that un-confident in their audience that they think they need to dangle the nostalgia keys in them every other left turn? Are they so stuck in the past that they refuse to let go of it? At this point, why not just give it off to another studio? Why not let people with better animation prowess and better writing tackle your anime rebooy if you're just going to stick to the 3 things you know work? I know some people are going to think I'm overreacting, but at some point we need to look at the facts: Pokemon is the ONLY franchise that does this pandering to this extent. Star Wars moved on from Vader. Sonic has (seemingly) moved on from Green Hill Zone. Hell, even Disney has done some things with Mickey Mouse lately that break from the mold of him being a perfect, personality-less mascot. Harry Potter has mowed on from...well, Harry. Why does Pokemon refuse to change outside of the last 2 mainline games?

montoya.c

Aspiring Trainer
Getting that generic anime for kids to sell toys and games vibe for sure. Looks like Pokémon is going down the Yu-Gi-Oh! and Digimon generic anime route. If only we could have gotten an anime like Pokémon Origins instead, that would have been great.

Mudkipster07

Savvy TCG Mudkip Fan & TCG Alt Art Fanatic!
I reckon they ended it to soon there is a few things that ash hadn't finished and we never knew who ash's dad was....
Also i think pokemon should make a special ash Tcg promo cause they haven't made a card with ash on it yet....and it would be very special and celebrate our Legendary Hero!

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
I reckon they ended it to soon there is a few things that ash hadn't finished and we never knew who ash's dad was....
Also i think pokemon should make a special ash Tcg promo cause they haven't made a card with ash on it yet....and it would be very special and celebrate our Legendary Hero!
I have a feeling they'll bring him back for the 30th of 35th anniversary. Maybe for the 30th anniversary he'll come back and actually be 30 😭

sagen888

Shine on you Crazy Diamond
Genuine question: What was the point of getting rid of ash if you're going to have a male main character from Kanto, the other main character go to a school in kanto, and give side characters Pikachu and Charizard anyway? Are the monkeys making this anime that un-confident in their audience that they think they need to dangle the nostalgia keys in them every other left turn? Are they so stuck in the past that they refuse to let go of it? At this point, why not just give it off to another studio? Why not let people with better animation prowess and better writing tackle your anime rebooy if you're just going to stick to the 3 things you know work? I know some people are going to think I'm overreacting, but at some point we need to look at the facts: Pokemon is the ONLY franchise that does this pandering to this extent. Star Wars moved on from Vader. Sonic has (seemingly) moved on from Green Hill Zone. Hell, even Disney has done some things with Mickey Mouse lately that break from the mold of him being a perfect, personality-less mascot. Harry Potter has mowed on from...well, Harry. Why does Pokemon refuse to change outside of the last 2 mainline games?
Because the formula = $$$