Gotta Love It!

Allright it looks good... I agree we only need one or two (depending how big the tournie gets) tournament organizer. And everyone can advertise. I also think we should keep it limited to:
Base Set 2
Fossil
Jungle
Base Set
The Original cards are so SWEET I dont think we even need any other sets. ( If you all wanna use other sets let me know well work it out)

ANd we need a little name for this group... any suggestions?

Oooo.... and mabey we should have a little vote for the VP spot, any
nominees?

ya i knew Advertisers was a dumb idea i just couldnt think of anything else :p but were probably getting ride of the neos

Limiting to those set makes strategy a main part of the game... I like it more because it adds a extra challange to winning, plus we'll have a fourm up for strategy talk about those sets... but like I said if you all want to include other sets just say so any well have a vote on the sets well include.

Any name Suggestions Yet?

We should include the gym sets, as they were the other 2 sets in the first line of the cards. Then came season 2 and the game strarted changing, but that's just my vote.

gym sets were ok..... the only good cards were: Blaine's Charizard and Team Rocket's zapdos

what about the team rocket series... it came out befor the gym sets....

This sounds really good, haven't done an unlimited tournment in ages, so would love to join in.

If you are going to be including the Gym sets, you have to include the original Team rocket set as well as it was released before the Gym sets.

OK so It seems pretty much agreed the cap will be all the sets through the gym sets.

...Names?

Names, names...
How about Old School Battling Community (or Tournaments)?
What about The WOTC Battlers?
I'm not very good at this (incase you havent realised).

And a couple of quick questions.
1) Redshark also has all of the old WOTC Promos on there, so, if any, what numbered Promo can we go up to when making the decks?
2) I can probably guess the answer already, but just to make sure, what rule set will we be using, the old, WOTC rules (play everything and anything on the first turn (apart from evolving)) or the latest set of rules (no using trainers on the first turn)? (Note, I think it will be the old the rules, but I just want to make sure)
Thanks in advance!

For names, we could be the III, Intense Indigo Idealists. Indigo was the last stop on the Kanto road, which the cards that are allowed are from. Anyway, If we're using older cards, it should be the old rules. Nuff said.

We could be the Elite 7.
With 7 being the number of legal sets (Base-Gym Challenge)

Each one of us could have an "Elite 7" name that uses the word "SEVEN" in their name.
Such as:
  • Teppo2SEVEN
  • Master of the SEVEN kings
  • Pokeric the SEVENTH
  • Jigglypuff13>SEVEN
Or something like that.... I have no idea?

Awesome Ideas.... I vote for original Rules toO! and keep up with the names and stuff, if you all hear something you like say so, so we can keep track of the front running ideas. ;)

And promo wise how bout just the original black star cards that came out with the first movie... Sound good?

I don't think it's burned out. I think that the discussion has become too limited.

The focus of this thread has shifted from talking about old cards, to trying to name this thing.
Nearly everyone has something to post in regards to an experience with the old cards.
But not everyone wants to spend a lot of time thinking up a name to post that might get ignored.

I think that if we change the current discussion back to what it originally was, people would find it easier to post.

So, without any further wait.
Why was Rocket's Zapdos so good?

Back