• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Guardians Rising Trevenant Break / Vileplume

RoboSensei

I hate Greninja
trev.jpg plume.jpg

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 20

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 2 Oddish AOR 1
* 2 Gloom AOR 2
* 2 Vileplume AOR 3
* 4 Phantump GRI 6
* 4 Trevenant GRI 7
* 3 Trevenant BREAK BKP 66
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 3 N PR-BLW BW100
* 2 Timer Ball SUM 134
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 3 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 1 Lillie SUM 122
* 4 Forest of Giant Plants AOR 74
* 3 Float Stone PLF 99
* 2 Revitalizer GEN 70
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Level Ball NXD 89

##Energy - 8

* 4 Psychic Energy BLW 109
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Forest into Trevs and Plumes, start hitting heavy with Poltergeist.
My main issue right now is counts and cuts for specific trainers, such as if I want 3 or 4 choice band.
Also struggling with the count of Shaymin/Lele to put in. Can't settle on 2/2, 2/1, 1/2, 1/1 - Any feedback would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Imo 1 Shaymin-Ex is insufficient, Vileplum deck require 2 at least. Otherwise you can split 2-1 Shaymin-Lele, but 1-1 won't be enough imo

I am thinking of a deck with Vileplume/Poltergeist Trevenant Break/Trashalanche Garbodor and calling it "I hate when your items"

Hey! If you are looking to be hated by people you play against, here is what I suggest. Use the Sableye from Guardians Rising! Then your opponent cant play Items OR supporters! If you do, just drop:
1x Sycamore
1x Trainers Mail
4x Psychic Energy

And add:

2x Sableye
4x Dark Energy

##Pokémon - 19

* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 2 Oddish AOR 1
* 2 Gloom AOR 2
* 2 Vileplume AOR 3
* 4 Phantump GRI 6
* 4 Trevenant GRI 7
* 3 Trevenant BREAK BKP 66
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 3 N PR-BLW BW100
* 2 Timer Ball SUM 134
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 3 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 1 Lillie SUM 122
* 4 Forest of Giant Plants AOR 74
* 3 Float Stone PLF 99
* 2 Revitalizer GEN 70
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Level Ball NXD 89

##Energy - 8

* 4 Psychic Energy BLW 109
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136
Any consideration for running an Espeon EX? with the popularity of multi-Stage Pokémon, de-evolving an opponent's Pokémon (e.g., Decidueye GX) could prove quite useful.

Without using VS Seeker, which could be used early game (like your Items) to recover discarded Supporters, it would seem to me that 2 Lysandre may be insufficient, especially if 1 is prized.

Given the relatively "low" HP of your Pokémon, have you considered incorporating a Brock's Grit?

Lastly, IMO, you provide your opponents an "out" to control your Trevenant's output damage: your opponent could just discard his/her Items via Professor Sycamore (after Irritating Pollen is active) or before should your opponent go first to start the game. What's your counter-tactic?

Also struggling with the count of Shaymin/Lele to put in. Can't settle on 2/2, 2/1, 1/2, 1/1 - Any feedback would be appreciated!
Given your strong, Item-engine to facilitate your T1 setup, I'd suggest replacing and the Shaymin EX with another Tapu Lele GX for several reasons: it has more HP, better attack and can search and get a needed Supporter. My early testing results have been quite positive thus far.

I am thinking of a deck with Vileplume/Poltergeist Trevenant Break/Trashalanche Garbodor
Played against this type of deck this past weekend; the deck was impressive.

Last edited:
Hey! If you are looking to be hated by people you play against, here is what I suggest. Use the Sableye from Guardians Rising! Then your opponent cant play Items OR supporters! If you do, just drop:
1x Sycamore
1x Trainers Mail
4x Psychic Energy

And add:

2x Sableye
4x Dark Energy

That's is what I run.. vileplume, sableye and trev

1x Sycamore
1x Trainers Mail
4x Psychic Energy

And add:

2x Sableye
4x Dark Energy

Doing this, the Breaks would become useless outside of extra HP and removes the opportunity to use Tapu Cure GX. I'll still take a look into this, as removing the Breaks could also free up some more space.

Given your strong, Item-engine to facilitate your T1 setup, I'd suggest replacing and the Shaymin EX with another Tapu Lele GX for several reasons: it has more HP, better attack and can search and get a needed Supporter. My early testing results have been quite positive thus far.

Right now, I have 2 Shaymin and 1 Lele in the build and even with all of the items, getting at least 1 Trev and vileplume out on turn 1 is still a difficult task. More Leles would only fill up the bench even more, which I usually need to have 2 Shaymin, Vileplume, Trev and Lele on by the time I get set up due to my excessive digging for Plume pieces.

1x Sycamore
1x Trainers Mail
4x Psychic Energy

And add:

2x Sableye
4x Dark Energy

I thought of the exact same thing! I love that everyone sees this as being a very mean deck.

Back