Gutted!

saetiakid

Banner/Signature Artist!
I got my joblot of a thousand pokemon cards today (From Ebay), the lot contained 500 (Newer Cards) and 500 (Old Cards) and just discoverd that 300 of the new cards are fake... Bad ones at that. Stupid ebay. In sure the seller was unaware of them being fake so its hard for me to blame him... I blame myself for not being carefull on what i buy. Just a word of warning there are alot of fakes out there, especially with the newer cards (Anything after the neo series)

Did it look obvious they were fake . Just recently I’ve seen a lot of really obvious fakes on eBay like lv.x’s with yellow borders, incorrect spelling , and parts of heads and limbs missing from the pokemon . If they weren’t that obvious then you really cant blame yourself for not being careful enough. Everyone already knows that it’s a risk to buy something you haven’t literally seen , touched , or carefully observe with all of your senses . With eBay its always a risk like with a lottery ticket. You really cant tell what you won untill you’ve scratched the surface . By the way, how much did you waste on all those cards? If it wasn’t that much , then you shouldn’t worry, everyone does mistakes including me. Not that long ago I wasted $1300 on a 42 inch lcd TV from a company that was known for a lot of defects . I ignored the problems and decided to take a chance and guess what happened, I got a defective one too. It all about luck , luck just wasn’t on your side this time around!

p.s. ... have you seen the new lv.x's tins on ebay already , they look awsome . i want one but will probably wait till they come out in stores .it sucks though because my local target and walmart get them like 3 weeks late....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pokemon-Dialga-Palkia-Darkrai-DP17-18-19-Lv-X-PROMOS_W0QQitemZ140209396810QQihZ004QQcategoryZ50319QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

To avoid something like this always buy from a retail store.or a retail store online. Sure you pay regular price but you will always get real Pokemon cards.:)

Don't trust eBay. I think the person you got tricked did it intentionally. As if a person who doesn't know fake cards could use eBay. Think about that. Always buy from a stall.

After doing a quick check of eBay, it looks like only one fake Lv. X is being sold by itself. Note the lack of spikes: http://cgi.ebay.com/Empoleon-LV-X-holo-Diamond-and-pearl-Pokemon-HP140_W0QQitemZ330213724477QQihZ014QQcategoryZ104047QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Methinks people that sell fakes are now mostly mixing them in with real cards in a lot, so they can be able to justify not showing them.

Try buying from ebay stores, and buy from a seller you are familiar with. Unfortunatly with all the new popularity the fakes are coming back.

Of what spikes do we speak? The card looks real to me. I've compared it to others listed on eBay, though I don't own one to match it up against.

Well, you can still find solace in that you're not alone. Of complaints regarding the internet, those about online auction fraud outnumber all other complaints nine to one. (Source: The Top 10 of Everything 2005. Written by Russell Ash. There is a top 10 list of most frequent internet complaints. Auction fraud took up 90% of the complaints.)

Yeah I'll make sure to be extra careful next time. They were being sold as 2nd hand and the picture wasn't very clear. Thanks for all of the replys!

A word of wisdom. If you are ever unsure about something you are looking to buy, ask the seller. Most of the time, we'll be happy to answer any questions that may arise. To me, that's a true aspect of customer service. If a seller doesn't answer back in a reasonable amount of time....something's probably fishy.

secretsof2113 said:
A word of wisdom. If you are ever unsure about something you are looking to buy, ask the seller. Most of the time, we'll be happy to answer any questions that may arise. To me, that's a true aspect of customer service. If a seller doesn't answer back in a reasonable amount of time....something's probably fishy.

You can't really trust what people say though. I've been lied to by ebay sellers plenty of times..most of them even have the nerve to contest my negative feedback. Pricks.

Back