DPPt/HGSS Hacking. Good or Bad?

Do you agree with use of these devices?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

P0rygon-z

Grand Chase Addict
As you all know, there are some things out there such as Action Replay Codes and such. Or as I love to call it, cheating.
Someone, I will keep them anonomyse, attacked me on there veiw on Hacking.
I think that those cheating devises are absolutly unnessesary and wrong. If you cant get something the hard way, you dont need to cheat your way through it, right?
So explain to me this, is it right or wrong to use these devises to get through the game?

I use an action reply, but I only use it to perform actions that I could do legitimately, but take to much time. The biggest thing is making a competitive team, this takes much to long in my opinion to breed, then EV train and finally finish off getting them battle ready. I use my AR to create them with legitimate stats, items, natures, moves, and so forth. I don't think they are bad, unless they are used to (for example) give Hyper Beam to a Caterpie.

But guess what i do? I breed. I train. And i EV. It only takes me about a few days to get it to Lv. 100. I dont understand why it is so difficult to take your time....

Uhm.... ive never heard of a "Shiny Shinies" and, i dont really care about shinies. They dont give your pokemon any stat boost, so it doesnt really matter to me. And if i really wanted a shiny, id just keep trying to breed one.

i once remembered the level 100 charizard i had with action replay i did it in a week i can say its not cheating unless you bring these pokemon into a championship, (ex: a level 255 glitch pokemon or somthing)

I personall use actino replay, but I only use them for two things, Rare Candies and Cloning.

I don't think they are bad is you only use them to an extent, if your using themm all the time, walking through walls, creating hacked pokemon.

Well first of all if you are done with the game that you were playing and have gotten tired of the same old things and want to use Action Replay to do things that you couldn't without a cheating device then some people would actually use a cheating device (like an Action Replay) and play the game.

Though when you are currently in a middle of the game and you want to cheat then people would do that to. But it would also mean that you were not successful for beating a game without cheating. I like beating a game first without any cheating device, though ones a person is done with the game and is bored and also wants to use cheating devices to do things that you couldn't at first without a cheating device then they might use it to experience things that you could do with a cheating device.

Hacking is good. Very good. I advocate the use of Action Replay whenever possible (which is basically all the time).

Running through walls is tremendously fun. That said, trudging through the swamp that is the Mystery Zone is not so fun. But it's pretty nifty to be able to walk behind the counter in the Pokemon Center, just for fun times, or to walk--actually walk--from Cresselia Island to Darkrai Island, just because you can.

Hacking Pokemon is even better. Having a shiny Buneary with Huge Power, Extremespeed, Superpower, Shadow Force, and Explosion is just plain awesome.

Hacking is the best and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Just show some common courtesy to your fellow battlers and don't take illegal hacks (such as the aforementioned Buneary) into battle without the other person's knowledge because that isn't cool, nifty, or awesome.

If all you do is hack max TMs/Berries/IVs for non-legendaries/other stuff you can actually get through non-AR means in-game, then go nuts and don't let the crybabies who baww because you're doing it the "easy way" discourage you from using AR. You don't judge them for their choice; they have no right to judge you for yours, especially since you paid ~$20 more than they did to purchase the AR in the first place.

It's just two roads to the same destination.

Oh boy. PMJ is sooo right. But I use Action Replay mainly for a events like Oaks Letter and stuff I'm likely not to get. My brand new Action Replay DSi is coming! Woo hoo!

PMJ, you are completely right. I feel that exact same way about hacking, you just explained my view better then I could have.

When I finished playing my Pokemon Diamond and had nothing to do, then that is when I used my friend's Action Replay to get some Pokemon that I didn't have and also get Shaymin. I used the Action Replay when I got bored of Diamond and had gotten bored with the things I could do, so I got the Action Replay and played around with it.

you guys have your veiws and i have mine. I just think that the game was created to play, not cheat. But i still respect your guys's opinions. <3

Cheating is bad in my opinion if you haven't beat the game. After I beat the game I use cheats to get shinnies and other things I didn't have time to while playing the game.

There is parts I agree and disagree about it.

I think it is okay if you have beat the game, and don't plan on using them in battles like on WiFi.

I voted yes but only on certain conditions.

You can do whatever you want to your games because you paid for the game in the first place (I know there are exceptions to that statement, both legal and illegal). What makes things so problematic is when someone hacks a bunch of shiny/event Pokemon and trade them off and/or use an uber hack in a Wifi battle.

THANK YOU!!! FINALLY SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME!!!
Sturtle, i love you for not making me look like a loner that hates cheating. <3

I agree with hacking when it is used to get something that is hard to get normally like event pokémon and things like that...

I used to use the Action Replay back when I was Playing Pearl. But somewhere down the line, I changed my mind about it. I always had this bad feeling when I was done using it. There is something more satisfying with getting it done yourself. I gave my AR to my friend and am never going to use one again. I like raising my Pokemon myself. Of course, that is just my opinion :).

Me too. Thats the fun of showing off how good you trained your pokemon. :] i dont need to cheat to win.

Back