• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Happy Feet, Mambo Combo! (Malamar EX / Honchcrow)

SilverSilent

Dem Eeveelutions
So, it's been awhile since I myself have posted a deck list in this thread and I'd put up one of the deck lists I've been fiddling with lately and see everyone's opinion with it. Without further adieu, here is Hyper Nightmare Mambo (That ain't Yvetal-EX)!

Pokémon: 15
  • 2 Malamar-EX (PHF)
  • 3 Murkrow (DRX)
  • 3 Honchkrow (PHF)
  • 2 Darkrai-EX (LDT)
  • 2 Shaymin-EX (ROS)
  • 2 Sableye (DEX)
  • 1 Jirachi-EX (PLB)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 37
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Teammates
  • 4 Virbank City Gym
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 4 Dark Patch
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 2 Trainers' Mail
  • 1 Energy Switch
Energy: 8
  • 8 Darkness Energy
Strategy:

The deck is primarily focused on attacking with Honchkrow's Nightmare Mambo attack. When a Pokémon is asleep, Honchkrow will hit for 60 more damage and will now hit for 120 damage (140 with Muscle Band). The second Pokémon I choose to run with Honchkrow is Malamar EX. Malamar EX is able to put Pokémon to sleep by simply attaching an energy to it, giving Honchkrow a way to maximize his damage if under item lock. Darkrai EX is also a great tech for Honchkrow, giving all of my Pokémon free retreat when need be. Darkrai's Night Sphere is also a great attack, dealing snipe damage which could set up Honchkrow for a knock out. Sableye is one of the last dark-type Pokémon I added to the deck as a tech. It's Junk Hunt attack is amazing for pulling cards like Dark Patch and Hypnotoxic Laser out of the discard.

This deck is build to be somewhat speedy, putting in two Shaymin-EX to grain a fresh hand while Jirachi-EX provides me with a free supporter if need be. The supporter line is pretty simple, taking advantage of Professor Juniper, N, and Colress to try and get fairly large hands so that we can increase our chances of pulling Honchkrow or the tech that we may need.

Virbank City Gym in combination with Hypnotoxic Laser is a great way to stack on the damage as well, dealing 30 damage in between each turn. This added on two Honchkrows 120 (140 with Muscle Band), adds up to a possible knock out if your opponent cannot retreat or remove Virbank.

Overall, I tried to keep the deck simple and fun for anyone to play and I hope you enjoyed reading about this deck.

If you have and suggestions towards the deck please feel free to tell me about them!

Last edited:
It seems a good fun deck, why don't you try adding a computer search as ACE specs, 1 battle compressor and maybe 2-3 double colorless energy? Battle compressor may help you getting dark energy with Dark patch on first turns or taking advantage of supporter with VS seeker. Double colorless energy may help you a lot, since hunchcrow attacks with (D)(C)(C), and malamar ex could do some huge dmg with it :)

Try battle compressor and wally to get your honchkrows going faster maybe. And tech hammers to win the energy game

It seems a good fun deck, why don't you try adding a computer search as ACE specs, 1 battle compressor and maybe 2-3 double colorless energy? Battle compressor may help you getting dark energy with Dark patch on first turns or taking advantage of supporter with VS seeker. Double colorless energy may help you a lot, since hunchcrow attacks with (D)(C)(C), and malamar ex could do some huge dmg with it :)

Try battle compressor and wally to get your honchkrows going faster maybe. And tech hammers to win the energy game

Computer Search is an amazing card I will admit to that. It's a very solid card that basically works like Teammates, except with less conditions and doesn't cost your supporter for the turn.

Battle Compressor is also a good suggestion with Double Colorless Energy as well .The issue I feel like I'd be running in to is what I could take out of the deck in order to add in these cards. Muscle Band is one card I could most likely due without, but I would have to test it. Virbank City Gym could be reduced to three most likely as well in order to fill those slots with Battle Compressor or Computer Search.

Wally I'm on the wall about because it's wasting a supporter for the turn. While it would get Honchkrow out quicker, I feel like it's not needed because you'll have Darkrai EX still there to put pressure on your opponent if need be in order to set up. But I can most definitely see Wally being used to get Honchkrow out quickly as possible.

How would you all feel about lowering the Dark Patch Count? Since Sableye can get item cards back from the discard, does this seem viable to anyone?

Back