Pokemon Have you ever had a "Dumb Luck" catch?

I finally caught Cressilia in my Platinum version with one Quick Ball after it had been roaming for two years.

...Wouldn't that mean it isn't dumb luck because you've been trying for a long time already? Anyway, a Quick Ball catch turn 1 can't really be dumb luck, because a Quick Ball has a good chance of capture unaffected by health or status condition, hence why it isn't extremely easy to catch the wandering Pokemon with it.

Because I'm cheap and lazy, i usually just send out an ultra ball or dusk ball at full health. It usually works.
Post game thats pretty much all i do. I wonder if having a higher level pokemon in front has any affect?

I was looking for Kyurem and found him. I fought with my glaceon XD Caught it wit a normal pokeball. But I never use him XD
but that is no dumb luck :p

I bumped into Terrakion completly by accident and caught with my first throw and my last pokeball.

In my Japanese Pokemon Black version, I caught both Cobalion and Kyurem on my first Quick Ball. I don't think I've ever been that stunned in a Pokemon game.

Once I played my FireRed version, I ran into Zapdos. I didn't damage it or anything, I threw a regular pokeball at it, And caught it on one try! I was so suprised!!

Not really but I've gotten a couple.

One time I caught Rayquaza with an Ultra Ball with out even weakening it.

Got Raquaza and the bird Trio (in FR) with a PokeBall. Catching somehow felt easier in Gen III.

Back