Help in Building a Mega Mewtwo Deck

Hawlucha94

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the game. Looking to build a M Mewtwo Deck, Any ideas?

Thanks, in advance!!

Moved from the Deck Garage to the TCG Help & Advice as the Deck Garage is for 60-card deck lists. ~bbninjas

M mewtwo is nice in that it's energy requirement for Psychic Infinity is colorless, so it pairs easily with many things. I'm a fan of a Zoroark/Yveltal pairing myself. 2-2 Zoroark line, 2 Yveltal EX, and one each of the baby bacon birds. I round those and 3-3 M Mewtwo line out with 2 Shaymin EX and a Hoopa EX for good bench filling support.

For supporters, the standard Sycamore/N/Trainers Mail/Ultra ball core is a must, along with 3 spirit links, a skyla maybe for item finding, and some other supporters like Lysandre/Hex maniac/Pokemon ranger to deal with nuisance on the board.

Energy wise, darkness and DCEs fit the bill nicely.

Hope you find this helpful!

Just a note that there are two different legal Mewtwo EX's in standard; the Photon Wave Mewtwo is the better choice if you want to follow Frosstoise's deck outline above because Photon Wave is also colorless, but the arguably better Scatter Shot Mewtwo needs psychic energy for either of its attacks. Hopefully you wouldn't be having Mewtwo EX around long enough to matter but just something to think about.

Back