Help me build a team around Ursaring!

UrsaMajor

Aspiring Trainer
Hello! I'm a bit new to the competitive side of the VGC, mostly I've been working on my national/living dex. I've played the TCG competitively for awhile now and figured I'd like to start the VGC as well. I know most the terms now such as EV's, natures and IV's (vaguely). So I suppose now I'm looking for help on building a team. Ideally I'd like to build it around one of my favorite Pokemon, Ursaring. I'm curious as to what Pokemon would work well with Ursaring and whatnot. If you can help I'd appreciate it!

Welcome to the world of competitive VGC. I'm going to suggest that Guts be its ability because it combos very well with Trick Room since Ursaring is naturally slow. Flame Orb would be the item of choice for it so you can guarantee you have a status condition. A good user of Trick Room is Cresselia because of its great bulk. Your team will end up with slower Pokemon which is actually okay since they tend to be bulkier than fast Pokemon.

I'd like to know what Mega Pokemon you were thinking about having be on the team?

Welcome to the world of competitive VGC. I'm going to suggest that Guts be its ability because it combos very well with Trick Room since Ursaring is naturally slow. Flame Orb would be the item of choice for it so you can guarantee you have a status condition. A good user of Trick Room is Cresselia because of its great bulk. Your team will end up with slower Pokemon which is actually okay since they tend to be bulkier than fast Pokemon.

I'd like to know what Mega Pokemon you were thinking about having be on the team?
I haven't really a preference for a mega yet, clueless on what's good as well as what's good for my team. I've got next to no knowledge on what people use nowadays.

I have my doubts about Ursaring in VGC since it can't take a hit very well and that's more important in doubles when you can be double targetted. Really your best bet would probably be using Ursaring in singles in the PU tier where it's pretty good.

I haven't really a preference for a mega yet, clueless on what's good as well as what's good for my team. I've got next to no knowledge on what people use nowadays.
Camerupt is a pretty nice Trick Room mega. However I'm no amazing VGC player :p

I have my doubts about Ursaring in VGC since it can't take a hit very well and that's more important in doubles when you can be double targetted. Really your best bet would probably be using Ursaring in singles in the PU tier where it's pretty good.
I'm not all that worried. I really just want something I can play at league and such with and the occasional side event maybe.
Camerupt is a pretty nice Trick Room mega. However I'm no amazing VGC player :p
I do like Camerupt, might be a good candidate.

I'm don't play VGC, but it seems to me that something like Greninja (for Mat Block) or Meowstic (Prankster dual screens) would be nice to increase Ursaring's life on the field.

I'm just getting into VGC, but Greninja is Uber due to HA... Which is stupid... Torrent Greninja would be UU or BL1 r 2 at least, so why is it lumped up with the HA one like that's 100% all of them? Same goes for Blaziken.

I'm just getting into VGC, but Greninja is Uber due to HA... Which is stupid... Torrent Greninja would be UU or BL1 r 2 at least, so why is it lumped up with the HA one like that's 100% all of them? Same goes for Blaziken.

Uber is a blacklist for OU, Not for VGC. It is fine to use Greninja with HA in VGC. Same goes for HA Blaziken.

Back