Ho-Oh, Azumarill, Tera Orb, Perfect Mixer & Precious Carrier ACE SPECs Revealed!

People in this thread are really overhyping Perfect Mixer I think. It's an ACE SPEC so you have to consider the opportunity cost. I could see Lugia testing w this, but do they really need that much help with discarding the Archeops? Surely Legacy Energy is just better? And Regidrago definitely doesn't need this, he can just use Legacy Star, totally feels redundant in that deck. You need some massive discard support to make it work. Sooo yeah, I really think it's just a United Wings card for the time being. Very good in that deck though.

Also holy moly I didn't even consider Regi box with Precious Carrier.... seems that deck could just barely rise out of meme status, literally the set before it rotates no less.

I think the discard Ace Spec is going to work very well with Kingdra ex! Imagine, you get to discard Baxcalibur, an extra Kingdra, and some other stuff you may need.

Am I tripping? Or is that Azumarill kinda cracked?! 230 for one energy on Stage 1?! Just grab a terapagos put it on the bench and swing for huge damage!!

I feel about Precious Carrier the same way I feel about Hyper Aroma: playable but kinda undesirable since it's a terrible draw past Turn 1.

Perfect Mixer I'm more optimistic about. In something like United Wings or Tera Ceruledge it fills the discard, but aside from that it also clears junk out of your deck which helps you draw into your goodstuff as the game progresses. Even if you draw it in a lategame position where you don't need to put anything into your discard, you can use it to pitch unneeded cards and insulate yourself a bit against Iono.

Azumarill seems just okay. Reminds me of Scizor OBF. Probably has a home somewhere but frail Stage 1 attackers are kinda expensive even with low Energy cost.

These new cards are

SKC Bonkers Art.png

This thing is named Bonkers, btw.

I wasn’t even expecting the decent Azumarill, let alone the trainer cards and Eevee. Are these pre-constructed decks the most meta-relevant of all time? I hope these cards are also in the dragon/eevee/pikachu sets, or there is some other way to get them, for Japan’s sake. Thankfully these will definitely be in a main set for us

Azumarril doesn't work well with garde (80+50 recoil doesn't work), it works well with terapagos and that's pretty cool.

Ace specs are both really good.

I feel about Precious Carrier the same way I feel about Hyper Aroma: playable but kinda undesirable since it's a terrible draw past Turn 1.

Perfect Mixer I'm more optimistic about. In something like United Wings or Tera Ceruledge it fills the discard, but aside from that it also clears junk out of your deck which helps you draw into your goodstuff as the game progresses. Even if you draw it in a lategame position where you don't need to put anything into your discard, you can use it to pitch unneeded cards and insulate yourself a bit against Iono.

Azumarill seems just okay. Reminds me of Scizor OBF. Probably has a home somewhere but frail Stage 1 attackers are kinda expensive even with low Energy cost.

Is drastically better than aroma.

While it lasts, you can Lumi > Arven > cart + stone and grab a really solid set-up.

In the case of aroma, it's much less desirable to do the above, as you usually need to arven > Poffin > stone anyway

Last edited:
Exceited to try the new ace spec with Release Rage Dondozo. It probably won't be good but still better than relying on ultra balls and Kirlia

I appreciate how Pokemon makes it much easier to make decks than ever before. It takes the luck out and replaces it with real strategy. I love these new cards!

Back