Ruling Holon Pokemon

ShadowSong

Never giving up
The fine print says that when you attach a Holon Magneton or Electrode to an active pokemon, you must discard an energy card attached to that pokemon in order to attach it.

(1) Can you attach more than 1 Holon Pokemon to an active pokemon?

(2) If so, let's say you already have a Holon Magneton attached to your Defending Pokemon and you want to attach another Magneton. Do you have to discard the Magneton already attached in order to attach another?

1) You mean return the energy back to your hand, not discard. Should be able to, but only if you use a game mechanic (attack, BODY, POWER, etc) that allows you to attach more than 1 energy per turn (don't believe that it exists in this format, other than Blastoise-ex's Energy Rain, which can't be used to attach Special Energy Cards.

I would believe that it counts as a special energy card in your hand, as well as a POKéMON. You would also have to be able to "bounce" more energy cards back to your hand in order to attach them.

2) You would return the Holon's Magenton to your hand, just as you would with any other energy card.

Yes, when you attach Holon's Magneton or Holon's Electrode from your hand to one of your Pokémon (it doesn't necessarily have to be your Active), an Energy card goes back into your hand, not the discard pile.

There is no restriction on either card that prevents you from attaching more than 1, so yes, you could have multiples attached to anyone, even Pokémon-ex (thank god).

If you have only Holon's Magneton attached to something and you want to attach a Holon's Magneton to it, you would attach it and then return the first Holon's Magneton to your hand, which would be rather pointless. ^_^

While in your hand, discard pile, and/or deck, Holon's Magneton and Holon's Electrode count as Pokémon. They are only Energy when you attach them from your hand to one of your Pokémon.

Hope this makes everything Dark and Clear... the reply looked a bit confusing. But maybe that's just me.

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
Hope this makes everything Dark and Clear... the reply looked a bit confusing. But maybe that's just me.

Rocket's Suicune-ex, LOL.

I wasn't exactly sure what ShadowSong meant in the first question. If a player wants to attach more than 1 Holon's Pokémon per turn, they need to use a POWER, BODY, effect of an attack, or something that would normally circumvent the normal 1 energy-per-turn attachment. As far as a limit on the number of Holon's Pokémon being attached, there isn't.

I definitely agree, attaching a Holon's Pokémon by replacing it with another Holon's Pokémon is a waste of an energy attachment. The only significance I can think of is if there is a POWER or BODY that activates whenever an energy is attached (Quagsire's Saturation BODY), and there are no other energies to attach (I don't think attaching a Holon's Pokémon would trigger Saturation).

I'll go ahead and clear up my last post a little bit so it is more understandable to future readers.

To attach Holon's Electrode or Magneton to your pokemon, you need to return 1 energy card to your hand.

So you could have Holon's Magneton attached to your active with a basic energy. You can then attach another Holon's Magneton to that pokemon, providing you return an energy card to your hand, i.e. the basic energy. Holon's Pokemon count as the normal 1-turn-energy attachment.

Question answers:

1) Yes you can attach as many Holon's Pokemon to your pokemon as you wish, providing you follow their rules.

2) You dont have to specifically return the Magneton to attach another one. You DO have to return 1 energy card to attach the Magneton so it would be best to have another energy (basic energy preferably) attached to that pokemon so you can return it.

Back