Hopefully, not another filler set.

doodad126

Anybody here expecting another filler set after Platinum:Arceus, similar to Power Keepers. For some reason I have the feeling that we are going to get a filler set in February after Platinum:Arceus comes out in November. Then I think we'll get our LEGEND set in May.

My reasoning is that the set after AoA for Japan is the LEGEND set, which came out a month after HeartGold and SoulSilver were released. Well, the new games don't come out until Spring 2010, so why would we get LEGEND a couple months (say in February) before the new games comes out in America. I not sure, what do you think? Does anybody think we'll get the LEGEND set after Platinum:Arceus? Or do you think we'll get something in between the two sets.

We are already getting all of the cards that came out in the JP AoA in our PA. Unless PK was basically made up of cards that never came out in Japan, I don't think that we will have a filler set.

Perhaps they will make another reprint set, Like Base set Two, or the Legendary Collection, just using cards from DPP, or even some EX cards.

See, thats where I'm unsure. Unless I'm wrong, PK was released in English then later translated into Japanese. They gave us random cards and remakes until the release of Diamond and Pearl in May 2007.

I just think they might do the same thing like they did near the release of the Diamond & Pearl games, since the release date of the new HG & SS games is not close yet. To me, it seems that they try to keep the release of the TCG (that corresponds to the game) soon after the release of the actual game. The D&P TCG set came out after the D&P game, so why would they release the LEGEND set a couple months before the release of the HG&SS games?

I do like the idea of reprinting some good original, Neo and EX cards though.

They released Platinum a month before the game was out. What could possibly make this any different. They'll do that so people see the cards and then are enticed to buy the video game.

This is an interesting theory, but there's no major cards that we haven't gotten here that could make up a filler set, even if we tried. ;p I doubt they care if the set releases a month or two early.

dmaster out.

Even though we have gotten all of the cards out of Japan (and will get with Platinum: Arceus) , remember, Power Keepers contained cards exclusive in English until it released in Japan a few months later. Its not like they couldn't just make more cards and remakes like they did previoulsy. I just hope they do go straight from Platinum: Arceus to LEGEND.

They will, it will go Arceus, then movie to hold time so people buy more Arceus, then HG/SS legend. It will work out JUST fine...

I don't think there will be a filler set. We got Platinum before the actual video game came out, right?

The problem with releasing the DP set early is that you'd be spoiling the Video Game. At Platinum, everyone knew of the Pokemon, and the same exist here.

Back