XY How could Pokémon X & Y use the 3DS features?

pokemaister899 said:
Taking that idea a little further, what if they allowed you to explore old regions as DLC? Also they could have it in the idea as playing a new pokemon game as well so it would feel like a remake, by making you deposit all your current party members in the box before you leave to the old region of choice, then you would start in the old regions starting town, give you a level 5 starter based on the region, have you go get the 8 badges and battle their elite 4, and then basically you would be playing a remake. Also if there is customizable trainers, purchasing the old region DLC would also give you the ability to customize your player as the old trainer of the old region. There would be no need for remakes then. Just think, going back to Johto in 3D for only 10$!(seems reasonable)

That'd be too much, we're probably only going to get something the size of Sinnoh's Battle Zone or something. Besides, that'd be kind of random unless it's adjacent to another region or there's some kind of connection between the two. Also, I don't think people would be happy being forced to box their Pokemon in between regions, that'd get kind of annoying.

Maybe they can use StreetPass for better interactions in something like the bases in RSE or the Underground in DPPt. Or they could have a Safari Zone that constantly updates with new pokemon available by download? They could even make a 3DS app version of the Pokewalker.

Does anyone else think Secret Bases could return and be used for Streetpass (With the trainer using the Battle Box Pokemon)? I thought it was fun when my friends and I mixed records and tried finding each other's secret bases.

This isn't so much for x and y per se, but for the ruby and sapphire remakes if they make them, to use street pass to share secret bases into a players world that you tagged on street pass, I think they did that somewhat with ruby and sapphire and or emerald through linking up, if I'm wrong, correct me.

And full integration of social features like ar and streetpass in an AR mode or something:

Also, a/r and street pass function for battling other players, like if you were carrying around your 3ds, you can use play coins to buy items and steps to level up pokemon and hatch eggs as some have suggested, and you came arcross another trainer who is doing the same thing with their 3ds, you found challenge them to a battle while you were in range, and you could use the ar features of the cameras to battle in the real world with the other trainer by using the local wireless and AR features, sort of like they did with dream radar/face raiders. You should also earn exp from these streetpass battles, but not union room battles.

And on that note, encounter pokemon through (spot pass? Maybe not) while you are walking, and you can encounter wild pokemon and battle them with ar p in a similar manner.

Zoroark316 said:
This isn't so much for x and y per se, but for the ruby and sapphire remakes if they make them, to use street pass to share secret bases into a players world that you tagged on street pass, I think they did that somewhat with ruby and sapphire and or emerald through linking up, if I'm wrong, correct me.

And full integration of social features like ar and streetpass in an AR mode or something:

Also, a/r and street pass function for battling other players, like if you were carrying around your 3ds, you can use play coins to buy items and steps to level up pokemon and hatch eggs as some have suggested, and you came arcross another trainer who is doing the same thing with their 3ds, you found challenge them to a battle while you were in range, and you could use the ar features of the cameras to battle in the real world with the other trainer by using the local wireless and AR features, sort of like they did with dream radar/face raiders. You should also earn exp from these streetpass battles, but not union room battles.

And on that note, encounter pokemon through (spot pass? Maybe not) while you are walking, and you can encounter wild pokemon and battle them with ar p in a similar manner.

Or make it like the wifi trains and have a copy of the trainer battle you, but I would like a setting to shut it off if that happens and I guess they would have to let us choose 6 pokemon....because if they just took the ones you have on you....I would have a good team and a couple eggs and maybe a level 1 on my team, or a volcarona and 5 eggs all the time, and I would lose all the time, like I already do.

They could use the Battle Box. People can just put in their best team there and that would be their "Public Team". When you pass by someone, that team is then able to be battled. Technically speaking, both people could "win" the battle as they are just battling copies.

I also would really like a Spot Pass version of the Poke Walker. The pokemon available could depend on you present time and weather or something like that.

If the games are no longer backwards compatible, they could use SpotPass for daily/weekly events that give you Pokemon that are otherwise unobtainable.

frostwind said:
They could use the Battle Box. People can just put in their best team there and that would be their "Public Team". When you pass by someone, that team is then able to be battled. Technically speaking, both people could "win" the battle as they are just battling copies.

I also would really like a Spot Pass version of the Poke Walker. The pokemon available could depend on you present time and weather or something like that.

But if they keep it like the battle box then we won't have our pokemon with us, I would wan to play the game and pass someone and somewhere maybe on the bottom screen it would pick up a nearby trainer an I could jump right into the battle. Makes me think of like Mario kart 7. You can pick up on ghosts to race from people you pass.

frostwind said:
What if the Battle Box was just a copy of a team?

That would be perfect, that's the only reason I don't use the battle box, I like using my pokemon that I've spent days training

Well there's the obvious 3D mode so it pops out ! :p

And a stepometer to hatch the eggs that would be awesome!

Xerneas said:
Well there's the obvious 3D mode so it pops out ! :p

And a stepometer to hatch the eggs that would be awesome!

I would laugh and love the game more if the released it not in 3D :p

Hmmmm with me walking around work like I do....I could hatch eggs soooo fast

Back