Pokemon How long will pokemon last?

J

Juliacoolo

How long do you think pokemon will last? I hope it lasts until I get a job so I can buy boxes. I estimate another 5-6 years. 5th gen being the last. What do you think?

As long as Nintendo makes money with it. As long as people keep playing, Pokémon will never die :p

Should be until the 5th then I don't think they will stop it completly like never selling plushie but they will prehaps stop making new pokemon.

I HOPE they'll stop making new ones! ._.

After all, what can beat Arceus "The Original One", "The Alpha Pokémon"

seriously, they clearly described it as the ultimate god pokémon. Let us not hope for a 5th gen legendary they'll make up that beats even Arceus :p

I'm pretty sure Pokémon won't die anytime soon lol. It's been popular for nearly 15 years now, and there haven't been any signs of slowing down yet. (except for maybe some people critisizing the 4th gen :p)

^They don't need to stop making new Pokemon, just go 2-3 years before the next Generation... That means more games like XD Gales of Darkness, and it mean that we'll have some interesting changes in the TCG (prehaps smaller sets). That would also help give the anime a chance to see every Pokemon and make some interesting storylines again.

When they run out of idea's people will lose interest and move on.
Or when Satoshi Tajiri dies and someone takes over who is awefull (I call it the Sonic era)

DawnOfXatu said:
^They don't need to stop making new Pokemon, just go 2-3 years before the next Generation... That means more games like XD Gales of Darkness, and it mean that we'll have some interesting changes in the TCG (prehaps smaller sets). That would also help give the anime a chance to see every Pokemon and make some interesting storylines again.

But I don't want smaller sets. After a whiile, you just keep pulling the same thing. That's why I like bigger sets, like SW and SF.

Talyor45 said:
Don't be a pessimist.
That should be against forum rules.
POKEMON WILL NEVER DIE

So long as Nintendo can make money off of Pokemon, it will never die. It wouldn't make sense if they just stopped for no good reason, leaving fans hungry for more.

It will die eventually as most ideas of pokemon are going unless they decide to do a roman or greek god system where arceus is the messenger god and there would be a zeus god pokemon but seriously I think by 2020 and pokemon may stop

I think Nintendo should give at least 6 or 7 years between each gen now so they can take things more slowly and pro-long pokemon's life span. To be honest I think they should have introduced gen 2 somewhere around 2004/5 and gen 3 to be pre-released now.

Of course lets face the facts here people, pokemon probably has at least 20 or 30 years guaranteed at least.

I think pokemon can be around for a very long time. Dungeons & Dragons turns 35 years old this year.

Pandamore said:
I bet some little kid just read this thread and started to cry. Way to wreck a kids dreams -_-

I'm such a criminal.

Taylor45 said:
Don't be a pessimist.
POKEMON WILL NEVER DIE

Thats what they said about digimon....

In an interview with one of the Pokemon team members, when asked when Pokemon will end, he just laughed. :D If I remember correctly, he basically said as long as new generations of kids come around, Pokemon will still go strong. So, it seems to be a never-ending cycle?

And, what, are you just begging for Pokemon to end? Then go join another fandom. : P

Juliacoolo said:
Taylor45 said:
Don't be a pessimist.
POKEMON WILL NEVER DIE

Thats what they said about digimon...

Digimon quickly became horrible, did not have a solid competetive aspect, had >9000 Digimon, included non-static evolutionary lines, was similar to Pokemon (although, evidence says that neither one was attempting to copy), and has already pretty much died (it's till going people! both the anime and the games... :p)

Back