Pokemon How much is enough?

I enjoyed the new pokemon. I thought that Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem where clever. I just don't find it easy to hate something that I have played since I was 4. I will support Pokemon until it becomes either too stupid or they flat out quite. If you look at MTG, they have thousands of cards and keep going strong and many people still enjoy the game. Idk if thats comparable to Pokemon, but it is somewhat of a related topic. People that are compaining about Gen 5 Pokemon simply need something to hate on.

But from a kids point of view that one generation they started with is like your first generation. Its the one they started their journey in and really started to get into the game.
Also if ruby and sapphire were so bad, why not fix it up in a new game?

I liked RSE. The Pokémon designs weren't that great (excluding Absol), but they started actually shaping up the battle system at that point. The first gen, while nostalgic, was just glitchy, and the second gen acted as more of a patch to the first. Third gen was when they went for a fresh restart, but some 'hardcore' Pokémon players were intent on giving it a bad reputation simply because it was too different from the first two gens, not to mention there was no link as the second gen had with the first (which makes it more of a patch, as I said).

They need to make new starter fire secondary type not mentioning any name. *coughinfernapecoughemboarcogh*

I already have trouble remembering Gen IV Pokes, I don't need 300 more. Also, I agree with the idea that they should bring in Pokemon from all of the regions into a new region.

I think, right now isn't enough. I really can't wait for a 6th generation since I feel it'd be the Johto to Kanto of Unova. I don't think I'd ever have a limit to the amount of Pokemon, I hear people mentioning the designers having a couple thousand designs years ago that still have yet to hit games, and to be honest; I liked the sound of it, true or not. If there's more Pokemon that would potentially be amazing for a 6th generation ,or generations after, I'll love em either way.

My fear now is people will just like the Pokemon designs solely on liking Pokemon. Which is the way a lot of people are putting it.

Delta said:
My fear now is people will just like the Pokemon designs solely on liking Pokemon. Which is the way a lot of people are putting it.

I doubt it actually, people have tastes and like different things. A good example is that I have a friend who loves the 3rd gen Pokemon, a lot of people we know say that generation had bad Pokemon. Meanwhile, others around me hate 5th gen but I personally feel it has some of the best designs out there just because they seem more monstrous.

Odd to say but I only like a handful of the first 150 compared to others because as generations go on, there's always a Pokemon, or a few, that I really like. B/W added a major punch to it.

Delta said:
You have not seen many people then. Gen V has received quite a bit of ridicule because the designs were quite lacking in some sense. Gen IV, imo, is decent and I dare venture to say that it's better in design than Gen III (this has been a topic of conversation for me way too many times).

Good to hear people's tastes aren't being spoilt by popularity then. I see a lot of kids around school drooling over new games without giving it second thought. I have nothing against anyone liking later games, just if they don't have any good reasons other than "it's new"

Well, the thing about Pokemon is that the gameplay itself is quite unique among other RPGs, and it is a good game. Children will enjoy and like Pokemon for that reason. For us older people, we know what the older games were like, so we already have expectations of the franchise.

i liked the first 3 gens the best 4th gen was alright, but 5th gen was terrible, but i do think that there is more to come because pokemons starting to kinda get bigger than what it was a few years ago

Yeah, Pokemon was only good, when it was the original 151 guys... Then the Neo series... That was pretty cool. They introduced the shinings then. That was memorable. but after that, it wasn't worth continuing. Pokemon wont run out of ideas. They HAVE run out, in my opinion.

BlastBurn said:
Yeah, Pokemon was only good, when it was the original 151 guys... Then the Neo series... That was pretty cool. They introduced the shinings then. That was memorable. but after that, it wasn't worth continuing. Pokemon wont run out of ideas. They HAVE run out, in my opinion.
...what?
Also, your profile says your favorite Pokemon is Rhyperior. From what I can tell, your statement is invalid (though it's still an opinion, and I respect that).

I don't think it's a matter of ideas or not. Gamefreak (not Pokemon) will stop making new Pokemon when their fanbase disappears. of course, it will only get harder and harder to add more things to what's already existed, but if it's for the fanbase, they'll do it, just like they have for years.

I the idea of having more but I think we should stop at some point - I like teh idea of having 1,051, it just seems right. I'd have a hard time remembering them all though...

Pokefan4000 said:
I don't think it's a matter of ideas or not. Gamefreak (not Pokemon) will stop making new Pokemon when their fanbase disappears. of course, it will only get harder and harder to add more things to what's already existed, but if it's for the fanbase, they'll do it, just like they have for years.

Gamefreak will stop making Pokemon when it stops becoming profitable. No company or gaming manufacturer "Does it for the fans" It's just a marketing ploy to make you think they actually care what you think about their product. They just want to make money. And frankly I don't care, as long as I enjoy the games.

Delta said:
No company or gaming manufacturer "Does it for the fans" It's just a marketing ploy to make you think they actually care what you think about their product.
Looks like someone's never heard about the MLP:FiM community~

You're both right in a sense: The compay does it for the fans because it makes them money.

Can we agree on that compromise?

Back