Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

RE: The ''How much is a card worth?'' topic.

furiouswildcat said:
-Near mint charizard ex 1st ed (japanese)
-Near mint charizard ex (english).

Just didn't seem smart paying up to ten dollars for booster, just for a "chance" at pulling one... so decided to just buy one (then another,lol). Curious if I got a good deal, becuase they were impulse buys. Does $111.50 for both sound like a decent deal???

,thanks in advance

I'd say for both, yes. Considering they are some of the rarest cards out there and they are Charizards, which usually go for more than other Pokemon do. I agree that buying both rather than opening a bunch a packs for more money and getting nothing is a bit silly, unless you have enough money to burn. So yeah, I'd say you got a good deal.

PikachewTofu said:
I'd say for both, yes. Considering they are some of the rarest cards out there and they are Charizards, which usually go for more than other Pokemon do. I agree that buying both rather than opening a bunch a packs for more money and getting nothing is a bit silly, unless you have enough money to burn. So yeah, I'd say you got a good deal.

Thanks for the response... just wasn't sure if it was a good deal. Haven't been keeping up with the values of older cards recently, but always wanted one of these. Every once in a while I buy a frlg booster (or two), but can't even pull a holo. Non stop arcanines :( . This time I had some extra $ and decided to go crazy with it. Never spent this much on single cards before, lol.

So.... no idea how much a Slowking Prime is worth yet?

Cimurph said:
So.... no idea how much a Slowking Prime is worth yet?

Not sure, but i've heard alot of people say primes are worth $8-12... A dollar or $2 more depending on popularity/playabillity.

PikachewTofu said:
About $30 for both halves.
I'm rather doubtful about that, I already know places you can pre-order them for $20 total. Keep in mind the equilibrium price of other Legends (excluding ERL) has settled around $15-$20 as well.

Dichromate said:
I'm rather doubtful about that, I already know places you can pre-order them for $20 total. Keep in mind the equilibrium price of other Legends (excluding ERL) has settled around $15-$20 as well.
I said Unleashed, not Undaunted...
So, $15-$20 for most LEGENDs...would ERL settle around the $30 range?

But if you won't them now, it's $30 on eBay. The price will most likelt go down once the set is released.

how much could an old card collection of all 151 original pokemon go for?

Pokefan4000 said:
I said Unleashed, not Undaunted...
So, $15-$20 for most LEGENDs...would ERL settle around the $30 range?
My bad, this is why TPCi should name their sets better.

ERL would go around the $25-$30 range, yes.

@SupremeRk9: I'm no good with the old sets, but you'll have to be more specific. What's the condition? What sets are they from? 1st edition or not? Etc.

Just got.

Shining vaporeon from power keepers in a pack today
and
shining celebi from a crystal guardians pack.
and
Swampert Ex from crystal guardians

how rare are these and how much do you think they would be worth

Dichromate said:
My bad, this is why TPCi should name their sets better.

ERL would go around the $25-$30 range, yes.

@SupremeRk9: I'm no good with the old sets, but you'll have to be more specific. What's the condition? What sets are they from? 1st edition or not? Etc.

Im not sure all of the details. I dont know much about cards, Im more of a gamer. All i know is that me and my brother used to collect the cards and we have a mint condition card collection of all 151 pokemon from the verry old packs.

Sorry, another one.
Reverse Holo Garchomp C?

Pokefan4000 said:
Sorry, another one.
Reverse Holo Garchomp C?

I would say $3-6 depending on general want and know-how

Lucario_aura_wielder said:
garchomp c regionals promo?

I would guess $4-7 depending on general want and know-how.

captain.mongoose said:
Shining Magicarp and Charizard*?

Shining Magicarp - Around $10 I would guess.
Charizard* - Around $70 depending on condition and how desperate the buyer is.

I'm sure this may have been asked before, I'm new to this website and I have no idea what the prefixes are for cards etc.

I've had this card since I was lil, it's a shining charizard card. I'd say it was near mint/mint condition.

DSC03629.jpg

That's my actual card ^^
I keep it in a plastic sleeve so it should keep nicely.

Just wondering what price it should fetch and whether it's worth trying to sell it on this site (Like is it a well wanted card.)

Back