Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

RE: The ''How much is a card worth?'' topic.

^It would varie depending on the condition, but yea, that's pretty fair

Im not sure if this sort of thing belongs here... but I found a base set charizard shadowless first edition on ebay for $25 buy it now! How much is this card worth normally?? Ill put a link here in case anyones interested because I cant buy it cos hes only shipping throughout America :(
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Charizard-Shadowless-holo-pokemon-card-base-set-1-/260876752130?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbd775502
THANKS!

THE_LORD_Of_RANGERS said:
Trollantoad currently has 3 in stock for $6.99, and 1 rh for $9.99.

I was asking price for Japanese version....
But I guess there shouldn't be much difference between english...?

bigbija said:
I would stay away from this bud. It is either in horrendous condition or it is a scam. I know for sure that a shadowless charizard from base set is worth A LOT more than that. Hope this helps!

~bija

I actually bought this exact card on a whim because I was thinking the same thing. It didn't seem to be in too bad of a condition from the description, but it would be rather interesting if it's a fake. Best case scenario and I got an awesome deal; worst case I have an amusing fake or a beat up card that I can carry around with me for luck and not feel bad about ruining. Either way it seemed fun to me. If you're interested, I'll let you know how it turns out.

(I can always go beat up the seller if it's horrible, though; I don't live too far from where it's supposed to be selling from.)

What about Japanese Vending Machine 1996 Mewtwo? I've found it 12-20$ online... but I'm not sure of a real definite price/range.

@Nizolka33 – There are three (3) versions of Mewtwo in the [Vending Series]. I believe [Vending Series 00] was released in 1997, which was released prior to [Vending Series 1] and [Vending Series 3], both of which were released in 1998. I don't believe there is a 1996 version, since none of the [Vending Series] had been released yet. I am uncertain of which card you are referring to, so I will provide price values for each.

- Mewtwo [Vending Series 00, World Hobby Fair] = $5 - $10

→ This version is not to be confused with the [Best Collection CD] reprint. Regardless, both                 versions are similar in value because it is virtually impossible to tell them apart –                 unless the WHF version was still attached to its sheet. An unpeeled [Vending Series 00]                 sheet can be anywhere from $45 to $100.

- Mewtwo [Vending Series 1] = $8 – 18

→ This version tends to be the most expensive, because it is pretty hard to find and very scarce                 on the auction market. I have seen this card sell for as high as $30 - $40. Nevertheless, I feel                 that it is within the higher end of $8 - $18 (i.e. $12 - $15).

- Mewtwo [Vending Series 3] = $6 - $15

These cards have always experienced the dreaded hyperinflation due to character popularity and a misconstrued rarity.

If you are looking for Mewtwo [WHF/Best Collection CD] or Mewtwo [Vending Series 1], I know where to find them for very reasonable prices.

bigbija said:
I would stay away from this bud. It is either in horrendous condition or it is a scam. I know for sure that a shadowless charizard from base set is worth A LOT more than that. Hope this helps!

~bija

Artemis said:
I actually bought this exact card on a whim because I was thinking the same thing. It didn't seem to be in too bad of a condition from the description, but it would be rather interesting if it's a fake. Best case scenario and I got an awesome deal; worst case I have an amusing fake or a beat up card that I can carry around with me for luck and not feel bad about ruining. Either way it seemed fun to me. If you're interested, I'll let you know how it turns out.

(I can always go beat up the seller if it's horrible, though; I don't live too far from where it's supposed to be selling from.)

The picture makes it look like the upper left corner is rolled, 3 sides are heavily played and the lower right corner has an impression.

a japanese genesis holo granbull with a printing error? The error is that the top border is a huge 1in. thick and the sides are thicker, with a smaller than normal set symbol. I pulled it, so its real.

teh_original_pikachu said:
a japanese genesis holo granbull with a printing error? The error is that the top border is a huge 1in. thick and the sides are thicker, with a smaller than normal set symbol. I pulled it, so its real.

from New Errors and Misprints Thread

Printer: When a single card or a very small run of cards have the same error. Normally smudges, miscuts alignment errors. Value is variable and discretionary.

So I was looking at the list of DP Promos that I didn't own yet, and I saw this. Since it's an alternate artwork reprint of a Basic Pokemon, I hopped onto various card sites thinking it would be pretty easy to get, only to see that A) most sites don't have it or B) the ones that do want like $20 for it.

Now, to me, this is even more than outrageous than people paying $15 for each of the three TRU BW Promos that came out earlier this year; at least THOSE were randomly found in overpriced blister packs. Is that an accurate price for the Shinx? If so, why? What was it a promo for and did it have an extremely limited run or something?

@CorinthiansRose – Articuno ex [Flight of Legends, 036/082] = $10 - $20.

@Frost – I briefly mentioned Shinx [DP15] here. These pricing values are considered to be outdated, due to the post being nearly eight months old.

Shinx [DP15] was released as part of the Diamond & Pearl Trainer's Challenge Set. I believe it may be priced so high because it has an error version and a corrected version. The error version is inflicted by the upside-down Pokéball misprint. I remember reading a snippet of information claiming that the corrected version was difficult to obtain, thus it was automatically presumed to have a higher value. The information might have been misconstrued to indicate that either version was highly valuable – thus, its exaggerated price. Its value has slowly declined throughout the year, though it always has a couple of devoted worshippers. I have witnessed a few sales of this card, though as you've mentioned – it is pretty hard to find nowadays. I believe anything over $20 is hyperinflation. I have seen reasonable price ranges associated with this card:

- Shinx [DP15, Error Version] = $5 - $8

- Shinx [DP15, Corrected Version] $8 - $15

Blargh. I guess it'll be staying on the list of cards I don't have, since I can't justify paying any more than $5ish for a Basic/reprint promo (that's also why BW14-BW16 will forever stay on missing list, too). But thanks, UU! <3

My nine-year-old sister recently acquired a mint condition Japanese Honchkrow Lv.X [First edition]. How much would this be worth...?

@Frost – You're welcome! You shouldn't give up, yet – you might be lucky and acquire this card for a low price ;)

@CorinthiansRose – Vulpix [Base, 68/102, Corrected] = $2 - $3

@manaphee – Honchkrow Lv. X [1st Edition, Moonlit Pursuit] = $6 - $10

Reshiram Full Art (B/W)
Celebi EX non holo ( strait from the pack.)

EDIT: please post amounts in English pounds and pence!

Unique Username said:
@Frost – You're welcome! You shouldn't give up, yet – you might be lucky and acquire this card for a low price ;)

@CorinthiansRose – Vulpix [Base, 68/102, Corrected] = $2 - $3

@manaphee – Honchkrow Lv. X [1st Edition, Moonlit Pursuit] = $6 - $10

No way, the corrected version of Vulpix is worth a lot more than that. It's really REALLY hard to come by the corrected version, its gotta be at least worth $25

Back