Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

RE: The ''How much is a card worth?'' topic.

@CorinthiansRose – Vulpix [Base, 68/102, Corrected] has been victimized by hyperinflation due to a missed release in the US. This happens a lot in the Pokémon TCG; if an individual is not careful, they could be paying or expecting an excessive price for a card that could easily be obtained for less.

According to a few sources, the eighth – and final, print run of the [English Base Set] had corrected previous errors (e.g. HP 50 ↔ 50 HP) and was only used in Europe. The US never saw this release – thus, Vulpix [Base, 68/102, Corrected] is very uncommon in North America. It is surprising to learn how value can heavily depend on geographic location. I stand corrected in that this particular card may be worth a pretty penny in the US, but in the UK – it's worthless. I apologize for the confusion – my experiences were primarily based on the lower price range.

If you are actively searching for this card, you can find quite a few copies here.

Unique Username said:
@CorinthiansRose – Vulpix [Base, 68/102, Corrected] has been victimized by hyperinflation due to a missed release in the US. This happens a lot in the Pokémon TCG; if an individual is not careful, they could be paying or expecting an excessive price for a card that could easily be obtained for less.

According to a few sources, the eighth – and final, print run of the [English Base Set] had corrected previous errors (e.g. HP 50 ↔ 50 HP) and was only used in Europe. The US never saw this release – thus, Vulpix [Base, 68/102, Corrected] is very uncommon in North America. It is surprising to learn how value can heavily depend on demographics. I stand corrected in that this particular card is worth a pretty penny in the US, but in the UK – it's worthless. I apologize for the confusion – my experiences were primarily based on the lower price range.

If you are actively searching for this card, you can find quite a few copies here.

Wow, that's very helpful, but...unfortunately...I bought one off Ebay for $25 a couple days ago...I had previously only seen them for $50 so I thought it was a good deal. I guess it was a HORRIBLE deal...:headbang

@CorinthiansRose - I fail as an informant. I should have previously activated my sixth sense used for helping others.

Does the eBay merchant allow refunds? You could try to mobilize a return.

Unique Username said:
@CorinthiansRose - I fail as an informant. I should have previously activated my sixth sense used for helping others.

Does the eBay merchant allow refunds? You could try to mobilize a return.

Hahaha lolz, it's ok. I was just wanting to know if I made a good choice (which I did not). The merchant has already sent out the item, so I doubt I can get a refund. I'll just have to remember to look around more before I make such a purchase lolz.

Hey, so I was looking through some old card that I got when I first started playing and I dug up a shiny Torchic (with the gold star at the end of its name). It's slightly damaged, but still playable. Anybody happen to know how much that's worth?

How much is bulk worth by the hundreds? (example: 50 commons and 50 uncommons,)

Unique Username said:
@Nizolka33 – There are three (3) versions of Mewtwo in the [Vending Series]. I believe [Vending Series 00] was released in 1997, which was released prior to [Vending Series 1] and [Vending Series 3], both of which were released in 1998. I don't believe there is a 1996 version, since none of the [Vending Series] had been released yet. I am uncertain of which card you are referring to, so I will provide price values for each.

- Mewtwo [Vending Series 00, World Hobby Fair] = $5 - $10

→ This version is not to be confused with the [Best Collection CD] reprint. Regardless, both                 versions are similar in value because it is virtually impossible to tell them apart –                 unless the WHF version was still attached to its sheet. An unpeeled [Vending Series 00]                 sheet can be anywhere from $45 to $100.

- Mewtwo [Vending Series 1] = $8 – 18

→ This version tends to be the most expensive, because it is pretty hard to find and very scarce                 on the auction market. I have seen this card sell for as high as $30 - $40. Nevertheless, I feel                 that it is within the higher end of $8 - $18 (i.e. $12 - $15).

- Mewtwo [Vending Series 3] = $6 - $15

These cards have always experienced the dreaded hyperinflation due to character popularity and a misconstrued rarity.

If you are looking for Mewtwo [WHF/Best Collection CD] or Mewtwo [Vending Series 1], I know where to find them for very reasonable prices.

Thanks, I have the third one. I said 1996 because that's what it said on the back of the card (?).
Thanks anywho.

Yeah, how much is bulk worth? I'm talking about commons/uncommons, and about 500 of each. (if not more)

@Frost

Pokémon Card Trainers Magazine #15 = $10 - $18 (Sealed)

→ Slowpoke (004/T) = $3 - $5

→ Slowbro (005/T) = $3 - $5

→ Slowking (006/T) ≈ $5

how much are the holo energies from holon phantoms? power keepers? emerald? thanks

Unique Username said:
Pokémon Card Trainers Magazine #15 = $10 - $18 (Sealed)

Is that roughly how much the other Trainers Magazines that have 3 T Promos go for?

If so, I wish I could find people who were selling them... I need basically all of the T Promos except the Slowpoke and Larvitar (because they got released in English) families. :(

Frost said:
Is that roughly how much the other Trainers Magazines that have 3 T Promos go for?

@Frost – No. Trainers Magazine #15 is one of the cheapest magazines to obtain - there isn't an intense demand for these cards, unlike their brethren (i.e. [Eevee Line, 001/T - 003/T], [Legendary Birds, 013/T - 015/T], [Dratini Line, 016/T - 018/T], etc.] which can be valued at $30 - $50 per line. I could assemble a price statement for Trainer Magazines #14 - #21, if you like.

Frost said:
If so, I wish I could find people who were selling them...

I can definitely keep an eye out for you. I am helping another member on another forum find evidence of this series, too. I can send you a PM with some direction as to where you may find these types of cards. In addition, I can update you if anything is discovered in my daily searches.

What's the price of a Mew Ex, the Player's Club Promo (007/PLAY)?

@Lunistrella - Mew ex [007/PLAY] = $30 - $60. I would ignore the listings that claim it to be worth ≥ $80. It is an exaggerated value and can easily be obtained for less.

Back