Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

RE: Furious Fists Damage Cards

Maserati777 said:
I recently bought a Dragons Exalted booster box and all the cards were fine except for one card, the Giratina Full Art. The Giratina's body has two different textures, the silver parts has this cement like texture which looks flat but with little ridges, personally I hate when full arts use this texture. Anyways in the exact same locations on the back of the card as the ridges on the front are white spots. The entire card has this problem, but it's the only card in the box that had the problem. If I sent pictures and proof of purchase would they send me a replacement Giratina full art or just a pack or nothing?

As Omahanime described above, there's a pretty good chance of getting absolutely nothing. TPCi's customer support isn't the best. But, again, you may as well give it a shot.

Specifically, though, i doubt that they would send you a replacement for a single card. They might give you a pack, or a partial refund, if anything at all.

Good luck!

RE: Furious Fists Damage Cards

There is no harm in trying, but you can expend some time to fulfill their requirements.

RE: Furious Fists Damaged Cards

I opened a pack that I got in the Lucario elite trainer box. I noticed I put in almost zero effort to open one of the packs, my first thought is it had been searched by a third party and they forgot to reseal it.

Then I realized the pack had been factory sealed over the reverse holo in the pack, leaving massive indentations along the entire top portion of the card, while hardly sealing the pack. Fortunately it was just a Slaking so I said to myself, "Oh well".

Looks like they were running low on (especially) blue ink.

I have noticed that a load of newer cars are misscut... (The yellow borders of most of the cards in my deck are pretty uneven...)

Well this is ironic, I just bought a Plasma Storm booster box and on the left side of the box I got a Victini Ex and a Cobalion Ex back to back. However the Victini ex has a giant crease in it, the box looked roughed up but the ex's were in the middle of the row and the crease is in the middle of the card, it's aslo the only card in the pack with a crease and the only card in the box with a crease. Some other cards have rough edges however, a Weezing holo has edge wear.

Maybe I'll stick to single boosters from this set, I only bought the box because Plasma Storm is so hard to find in stores now.

So the price of Mewtwo EX FA went up like $20 when the furoius fists set came out, I didn't manage to get one before the this happened.
So I wonder if you think it will lower in value when all the hype is down or will it be so rise in value because it gets harder and harder to get?

/Adam

adam44 said:
So the price of Mewtwo EX FA went up like $20 when the furoius fists set came out, I didn't manage to get one before the this happened.
So I wonder if you think it will lower in value when all the hype is down or will it be so rise in value because it gets harder and harder to get?

/Adam

Probably for PHF the price will drop a little. Many of the psychic types of the set are weak to dark instead of psychic.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but how much is a M Charizard EX (69) from Flashfire, and a M Lucario EX from Furious Fist worth? I've pulled 'em both and wanna make sure I don't get ripped off trading. Also, would you guys think it would be better to hold onto one or both of them, just wondering if people are thinking they might go up in value. Thanks!
And as a sidenote, how did Virbanks become so valuable? >.< I sold some for a quarter each a few months ago :/

Are these cards from the 2 most recent sets? If they are fairly recent like within the last 6 months because they are freshly printed from the printers they might be worth $1.00-$2.00 or up to $5.00-$10.00. Sounds like they are pretty recent. I think Furious fists is the most recent set right guys or is the set 3 months old? In any case they are not worth a whole lot ATM as they were released just recently.:)

CuriousCleffa said:
I'm sure this has been asked before, but how much is a M Charizard EX (69) from Flashfire, and a M Lucario EX from Furious Fist worth? I've pulled 'em both and wanna make sure I don't get ripped off trading. Also, would you guys think it would be better to hold onto one or both of them, just wondering if people are thinking they might go up in value. Thanks!
And as a sidenote, how did Virbanks become so valuable? >.< I sold some for a quarter each a few months ago :/

M Charizard X EX is worth about 30-35 bucks (US). M Lucario EX is worth about 15-17ish. The certainly are not worth 1-10 bucks. :p

Virbanks are very playable in competitive play right now, which is why they're worth so much.

Machamp The Champion said:
CuriousCleffa said:

M Charizard X EX is worth about 30-35 bucks (US). M Lucario EX is worth about 15-17ish. The certainly are not worth 1-10 bucks. :p

Virbanks are very playable in competitive play right now, which is why they're worth so much.

Do you expect the Charizard and Lucario will go up in value? Or not really? Just curious aha, thanks!

CuriousCleffa said:

Do you expect the Charizard and Lucario will go up in value? Or not really? Just curious aha, thanks!

Lucario will most likely go down a little bit once the initial set hype has worn off, but this might take 2 of 3 months. Charizard will probably go down a little slower, but will most likely go down. The only reason it's worth so much is because it's a Charizard card. It's absolutely dreadful in competitive play. Of course, after like 3 or 4 years both these cards will start raising in price due to less and less of them being in circulation, but I'm assuming you're talking more short-term than that.

CuriousCleffa said:

No what I meant was if the set was a fresh print it would be worth that much. Seems to me the sets just came out this year. I have a couple of Charizard's that just came out within the last few years and they are not worth much. I did not expect the Charizard to be that high already. Looks like I was not far off with Lucario though. I was within a few dollars with Lucario but the Charizard I did not expect to be $30.00+ already. Seems that card came out earlier this year that was why I gave kind of a lower price for the 2 cards. Usually freshly printed cards are pretty low for a year or two before they sky rocket. Sorry Guys. At least I came close on one of the cards.:)

Ultra rare cards always go up in value. Look at X and ex cards. They both can fetch you a pretty penny. Also Lucario and Charizard are two of the most widely loved pokemon. Of course Charizard has the best collector value because of nostalgia no matter how bad it is.

Yeah I know but I did not expect that price on that Charizard that soon. I guess I was dead wrong. I was not that far off on Lucario if you think about it. $10.00 is only a few bucks off XD.:)

deroyturtlesplaypokemon said:
Does anyone think that a Mew EX FA for a Keldeo EX regular art is a good trade?

Well, I don't know which Mew and which Keldeo you're talking about, so, I'll post all the possible prices for each.
Disclaimer: These prices are not exact, as they vary from each page.

Mew:

DRX - 30 USD
LTR (RC) - 6 USD

Keldeo:

BCR - 8 USD
Promo - 7 USD
LTR - 8 USD

I guess you're trading a LTR Mew for any of the above Keldeos, anyways, it's a fair trade just for 1-2 USD of difference.

Back