How to get a consistent T2 Vileplume lock?

Usually you want to LZ with Mew Prime T1 but depending on what Basic you start the game with 1st turn Relicanth isn't a bad alternative. You want to expand your options instead of limiting them. What most people don't get about Relicanth is that it can save your Mew's from getting donked early game while setting up with Prehistoric Wisdom thus saving for an attack from the LZ via Mew on your next turn or See Off and thus netting you a 3 card draw. The 2 retreat is bad but that's where Twins comes in to compensate for it.

80 HP on a Basic can survive one turn compared to 60 HP which is already OHKO range against Donphan and Zekrom or heck Pachirisu If setup correctly. When you're playing Mew Prime you ALWAYS want to play it safe, and even If they 2HKO or OHKO Relicanth that can also help with Twins for setting up Vileplume with Rare Candy. I would prefer Flower Shop Lady or Revive when playing MewBox, it's just too good not to run. Flower Shop for Trainer Lock and Revive for Trainer Heavy decks. You might be right on the Communications but running 4 does help especially for using Relicanth to LZ fodder something.

I use Elms instead of Communicator. I know since its a supporter it becomes a bit harder to play, but most of the pokemon I put into the LZ are Evolved, and this way, it doesn't become a dead draw after the lock is up

This is probably the reason you aren't getting a consistent T2 Vileplume, you have to play Communication. Like it matters if it is a dead draw later game, every card in Mewbox is worthless after turn 5 anyways. If you don't believe me that Communication is a must, at least test it, you will find it is well worth your time.

I did test it. I like it better. Both me and my friend (who plays a google' deck Variant, so he also faces that T2 lock problem) both agree that it works better. We collector (or he Pichu's) for Oddish T1, then Elm Next turn. And because I use Relicanth, Im drawing 4 cards (3, plus turn) in between

A lot of the time, you're gonna want to get 2 Oddishes if you have a T1 Collector. That way if they KO one, you can still evolve the other. Running 3 Oddish helps with this a LOT, because If one is prized, you still have two to use.

You don't understand how badly I wish I understood that earlier. I started putting down two oddishes recently, and it became a lot more easier. But it becomes a chore to put down two, because I feel like Im either taking up a bench space, or giving them a free prize

The deck is supposed to go down on prizes and if you only put 1 down, you're going to give them 2 free prizes over the game instead.

Back