How to play Mewbox?

You're right it is Roast Reveal. I forgot since I haven't played Charizard since
Platinum: Arceus rotated out of the format.

mawliekid said:
No, Roast Reveal.

Sorry, I was posting through my Iphone, didn't feel like typing it out.

But Im still lost on the Reshiphlosion match up. How does Tail Code stop it. I can kinda see it like this:
Tail code energy away
repeat
repeat
repeat
repeat
repeat

If you sludge drag, they keep taking twenty by my next turn, but that still takes 6 turns to KO and I'm sure they would have drawn a DCE or something
Well most Reshiphlosion don't run DCE. But yes, it is a risk because the can DCE retreat. It's all about managing the risk though. Look for things that would indicate whether or not they are running it. For example, if they run Ninetales the probably don't run it. If they play a Switch, they probably don't run it. If they play a Rescue Energy, they probably don't run it. If they play a Revive, it doesn't prove they run it (it just shows they don't run Rescue) but it makes it a little riskier to try and Aipom. If you think you can win without doing it and they haven't done anything to indicate they have it, then you don't have to do it. Aipom is mostly for Magnezone.

In the example you gave, you can't really assume they always have 6 energy. And if they do, I'll be more than happy to Tail Code them to a benched Vulpix/Cyndaquil, leaving you with a very limited number of energy in your deck and no Typhlosion to get them from the discard. But anyway, it's safe to assume you'll only be attaching 2-3 energy. This gives me 3-4 turns of free sniping which can prevent an attempted Quilava evolve, or give me a huge lead/comeback in the prize exchange. And at the end of it, I get a free prize and remove your last Typhlosion from play.

Ok, I kinda get it. just seems like a long shot. Guess that's just how the match up is :/

Ok, so how does Mew beat Donphan? i've been playing, and Donphan is like my biggest problem

Naww it's actually not a long shot at all. The only time it is is if they run 2 Quilvava and they have 2 Cyndaquil benched or haven't evolved via Quilvava yet. At that point, you can Jirachi everything and leave them with nothing. The matchup is around 60-40 for Mew.

And the deck beats Donphan through Yanmega. If the opportunity presents itself, Sludge Drag a Donphan they're building up. They can't 4-retreat it so they have to flip for attacks which can protect you and also turn a 3HKO into a possible "OHKO" (10-"30"-10-50-10-"30"/10).

I don't run Yanmega.
I guess I'm talking more about Mewcario box than anything. But so far I have found it extremely difficult to KO Donphan

Dude, if you are having trouble with Donphan, you got to play Crobat Prime. Even if you are playing Mewcario, it is definitely worth the 1 card slot.

How is it a 1 card slot? You'd need to run something like a 3-3-3 line to have it going consistently. You'd be better off with 4-4 Yanmega.

If you're talking about See Off for the poison, I'm still not seeing it - you might as well just hit twice with Jumpluff. Either way, you're going to lose 2 Mew for every Donphan they lose.

Try Seeing Off Umbreon and using Moonlight Fang with Mew Prime, sure you need a Rainbow or a Dark for it to work but it's there. Infact I may need to tech in a few {D} in my MewBox deck for that reason. Pidgeot TR would be a better choice however they will eventually catch up or If it's Zekrom they won't suffer much from energy recoil like Reshiram.

Yeah, i was looking around and realized that strategy. It takes 3 turns and 2 Mews to do it, but it seems like the most solid way (referring to moonlight fang/severe poison)

Back