HSU in stores?

Vulpix Yolk

\ \ durant gang \ \
Hey so I went to my Target and HSU was in boxes next to the cards. Has anyone else had this happen

i was at my PR today and one of my friends said he was there this morning and they had them. this normally happens with target though.

Yeh THANKS TARGET, my friend got 8 packs got all the primes and 2 legend halves, good thing there were 2 boxes

Well if my Target is selling it, which btw I do not work for, I will be reporting it to TPCI. Target has done this quite a bit. It drives prerelease attendance down because one of the big points to going is getting the product before it is on the market.

The set officially releases on May 12th, you should be able to buy packs in stores everywhere then...the Target issues, really aren't neccessarily issues...big chains like Target and Wal-Mart have normally been known to sell product a few days early...alot of this is due to the vendors that provide those stores with their card stock, once they get the product in, they take right to the stores, in which the stores put them out immediately...I highly doubt TPCi would do anything at all if you report it...as Target and Wal-Mart are both a bit larger than TPCi, and would just threaten to stop selling the product altogether

I highly doubt Target would get in trouble for selling cards early.
In video game issues, that is a much bigger deal, but not cards, no.

I'm not even sure if there are legality issues that goes along with it, anyway, Target does offer the widest selection of Pokemon cards out of any other store(including Walmart and K-Mart) that I have ever seen.

my target hasnt leaked it lol i went and looked today... but i can understand how it makes pre-releases not so special... but we already had ours in the area...
come to think of it i know the games are legality issues and i thought cards would be too... maybe not tho... so i may have to recant my earlier statement

I'm proud to say the Walmart I work at does not have it out yet. It saved me the trouble of making sure it got put away until Wednesday.

Vulpix Yolk said:
Yeh THANKS TARGET, my friend got 8 packs got all the primes and 2 legend halves, good thing there were 2 boxes

Lol, that means every pack either had a prime or a legend half.

dragonexpert said:
Well if my Target is selling it, which btw I do not work for, I will be reporting it to TPCI. Target has done this quite a bit. It drives prerelease attendance down because one of the big points to going is getting the product before it is on the market.
As far as I can tell, there is no advantage in going to Target. Having Target release this a couple days beforehand does not decrease the people who go to prereleases.

One, most people go to prereleases for the experience and the tournament.
Two, prereleases a few days in advance does not make a huge difference. It's not like Target sold it three weeks in advance or prior to the original prerelease.
Three, you get a promotional Blastoise, poster, and sleeves.
Lastly, excluding any promotional items, the total amount of 6 booster packs is about $30 with taxes. You get a total of 8 booster packs for LESS than that by the end of the tournament. 8 packs ~ $40 at Target or anywhere else.

You cannot tell me that it actually matters or that it drives attendance down with those factors included.
If anything, it benefits the main company because the money goes directly through them instead of a wholesaler/retailer.

I had asked my TO about stores releasing sets early and she said that if TCPI finds out they let the other stores, excluding online vendors, sell them early as well.

Back