Hydrapple ex, Stellar Lapras ex, Briar, and More Revealed from “Stellar Miracle!”

Item based Sada has to be pretty strong right? Briar is no slouch either
Nah. It's only meant to support terapagos deck which does flawlessly. Is too limited to be played outside the rotom, bouffalant, noctowl, terapagos engine.

I think yall are underestimating that Hydrapple with an Ogerpon engine. Put a bunch of Applins and Ogerpons down turn 1 and attach a bunch of energies to the Ogers, candy an active Applin up to Hydrapple turn 2, attach and Ripe Charge 2 energies onto it, and suddenly you can do 180, 210, or even 240 on turn 2. I'm pretty new to the TCG so idk how that could be consistently set up every game, but considering it keeps ramping up every turn with the consistent energy attachments from Oger and Hydrapple and some draw from Oger I feel like it could be something. Maybe meme deck potential at least.

It's also kinda funny that they're finally introducing Tera support (or even really acknowledging its existence) and all of the Tera support cards they make are only really made for Terapagos. The Noctowl could work in other decks with Tera mons in them but that's kinda it.

I think yall are underestimating that Hydrapple with an Ogerpon engine. Put a bunch of Applins and Ogerpons down turn 1 and attach a bunch of energies to the Ogers, candy an active Applin up to Hydrapple turn 2, attach and Ripe Charge 2 energies onto it, and suddenly you can do 180, 210, or even 240 on turn 2. I'm pretty new to the TCG so idk how that could be consistently set up every turn, but considering it keeps ramping up every turn with the consistent energy attachments from Oger and Hydrapple and some draw from Oger I feel like it could be something. Maybe meme deck potential at least.
Also, for what is worth, hydrapple (w relicanth) or dipplin beat a bunch of random decks like dark (moon or loyal three), ancient, future, miraidon, bolt, etc.

Card still requires too much effort, but can be a funny deck with grass ogerpon and foretress ex ( with a bajillion catchers, ionos, etc.)

It's also kinda funny that they're finally introducing Tera support (or even really acknowledging its existence) and all of the Tera support cards they make are only really made for Terapagos. The Noctowl could work in other decks with Tera mons in them but that's kinda it.
The rotom and bouffalants are lowkey good C support, but yeah, tera stuff is terapagos only

I think yall are underestimating that Hydrapple with an Ogerpon engine. Put a bunch of Applins and Ogerpons down turn 1 and attach a bunch of energies to the Ogers, candy an active Applin up to Hydrapple turn 2, attach and Ripe Charge 2 energies onto it, and suddenly you can do 180, 210, or even 240 on turn 2. I'm pretty new to the TCG so idk how that could be consistently set up every game, but considering it keeps ramping up every turn with the consistent energy attachments from Oger and Hydrapple and some draw from Oger I feel like it could be something. Maybe meme deck potential at least.
It's definitely above meme status. I would bet it has legit potential, even if it's not as good as the clear cut tier 1s and 2s. Setting up a stage 2 in this environment is pretty consistent with Arven and all, and as you said with Teal Ogerpon ex as well as Bug Catching Set that's an extra draw each turn AND searching for your items/supporters.

Also the fact that Hydrapple is a 330 HP beast, that's the same HP number as Charizard and other than Raging Bolt/Chien Pao decks will struggle to reach that number.

Also also, Applins are Poffin fetchable. The only thing that held back Torterra ex for being a legitimate threat in the metagame is that there are no Turtwigs with 70HP. This Hydrapple has none of that drawbacks.

Go first, attach water. Earthen Vessel for metal and psychic. Greninja concealed card the metal to draw. Attach Hourglass tool. End turn, Hourglass attach metal to lapras. Next turn attach psychic, go ham. It's possible.
waaay too slow... you never want to skip an attacking turn with a two prizer in the active, especially if it has 220hp... You're essentially doing what foretress ex does already but with a gamba aspect and foretress ex is a bad card.

having any Tera ex in play enables Glass Trumpet energy acceleration onto colorless monsters in general, not just onto Terapagos ex. you're looking at this through too narrow a scope if you can only imagine its use cases being limited to Terapagos ex.

Eh kinda disagree. Like even the ace spec aside, I wouldnt be surprised in the least how many more tera decks will take advantage of this newfound support, Ogerpon being one of the more noticeable ones

having any Tera ex in play enables Glass Trumpet energy acceleration onto colorless monsters in general, not just onto Terapagos ex. you're looking at this through too narrow a scope if you can only imagine its use cases being limited to Terapagos ex.
Well name any other colorless pokemon that can abuse this interaction... Don't think there's any worth mentioning or even at all. Colorless pokemon aren't very known for having hard to fulfill energy requirements. Regular colorless pokemon aren't going to have dragon-like energy requirements outside of stellar pokemon. They're colorless for a reason. Stuff that have high energy costs are better suited in a lugia deck.

You are overvaluing the usages a lot.

You need to be playing a tera pokemon and you accel to colorless pokemon only. How many decks are exactly going to benefit?

Stuff like zard or dragapult have no business touching this which limits it to the featured terapagos deck and random stuff like blissey ogerpon G

They are trying their absolute hardest to force Terapagos ex into the meta, and at this rate it might very well happen.

All these cards that need a Tera Pokemon to activate are going to be very frustrating to pull in Build&Battle events.

have you considered approaching this from the angle of using Hydrapple ex in place of Teal Mask Ogerpon ex instead of as a partner for it? no reason to stress about how it can't slot into an existing deck there's no reason to assume it's only able to be joined at the hip to.
If you aren’t playing it with Ogerpon, what other partner exists for it in the format to accelerate a bunch of grass energies onto the board? The only other things I can think of are Forretress ex which doesn’t see real competitive play for a reason, and Gardenia which is highly conditional, has the opportunity cost of using your supporter for turn (it could have been a boss or iono), and is better used as supplementary energy acceleration when necessary like in Regidrago VSTAR, which also uses Mela for the same reason (it won’t work standalone). Ogerpon is the only real shot Hydrapple has at being competitive in this format imo, but I don’t see that deck ever running this card when Blissey ex exists and can just concentrate all the energy onto a single Ogerpon for less setup. Maybe a perfect partner will be released for it at some point, but I have trouble seeing what that might be besides a draw support Dipplin and secondary attacker Flapple/Appletun. I do hope they eventually release an Applin with an ability that lets you run like 6 in the deck, alongside good Flapple, Appletun, Dipplin, and Hydrapple cards to make an apple deck lol

it wouldnt be super consistent but i think quad arven and 2-3 tech evos would work better than quad candy but thats just me a relicanth could work for the evo build as the dipplins attack isnt that bad if your going against chien pao but i think teal pon ex and drapple ex could have alot of synergies together possibly running 3 gardenias vigors would be good to help the energies turn 2

quite the absolute conclusion of the only thing that will "realistically" happen you've got there. good luck!
I mean look at all the different types and tell me which one has an energy acceleration problem right now... The requirment of having a tera in play, multiple blissey ex's, energies in the discard, and the use of trumpet is quite a lot.
Cope harder 😂

Last edited:
Eh kinda disagree. Like even the ace spec aside, I wouldnt be surprised in the least how many more tera decks will take advantage of this newfound support, Ogerpon being one of the more noticeable ones
We have atm 28 tera pokemon in live. We get revavroom in August. After that, we have terapagos, galvantula, lapras, cinderace and whatever else.

Out of the 28 we have now, only greedent is colorless.

None of the 8 stage 2's (ninja, chomp, tsareena, zard, pult,skeledirg, dragonite & ttar) have any synergy.

So the pool is 21 (+ stellars and unveiled cards for sept set).

Out of the 11 stage 1's only greedent or spathra have any potential synergy, but it isn't clear for what exactly in the case of spathra and greedent is just a bad terapagos with a bit more hp.

Regarding the basics, Other than G ogerpon, none of them have any synergy. So you are either building terapagos or ogerpon G with colorless pokemon like arc or blissey. Blissey + trumpet isn't a real engine that can be splashed, is too large and bricky.

People isn't being narrow minded, crystal trumpet is quite narrow with current pool. And speculating about the future is pointless. Also, this set has crispin, which is a generic card and is a top tier energy accel card, so that limits the pool even more.

Last edited:
Back