• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Hydregion in the NXD-on format

Joltic

Aspiring Trainer
So, the new season has begun which of course means a rotation has occurred. There were some rumours that there was not going to be a rotation but then an NXD-on format was confirmed. Eels has now gone, along with goth, so...what's the play?

Hydregion of course! Oh yes, it's back! After seeing so little play after BCR had been released, the 3 headed monster returns with a big surprise!

So the list I have so far is:

Pokemon:
  • 2 Darkrai EX
  • 3 Deino
  • 3 Hydregion
  • 1 Virizion EX
  • 1 Victini EX
  • 1 Absol
  • 1 Sableye
T/S/S:
  • 4 Catcher
  • 4 Candy
  • 4 Max Potion
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Level Ball
  • 1 Dark Claw
  • 3 Dark Patch
  • 2 Bicycle
  • 1 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 1 Victory Piece (ace- spec)
  • 4 N
  • 4 Juniper
  • 2 Colress
  • 1 Skyla
Energy:
  • 8 Dark
  • 4 Blend (PFGD)
Strategy:
So the stratergy of the deck is to set up hydregion and keep moving energy around the field to repeatedly max potion damaged darkrais and other attackers.

So now your probably thinking, victini/victory piece, huh????

Well a) it gives you such a huge advantage over any genosect/virizion decks played, b) it sets up darkrais and other attackers very quickly and c) it's a great all round attacker against opposing EXs. Sure it's low, 110 HP is not that great but paired with hydregion and max potion, 110 is all you need!

Virizion is a nice, new tech introduced in PLB which is played in this deck to make use of the blend energys by allowing no special conditions to affect your pokemon.

If you think you can improve on this deck please feel free to post any improvements below

Thanks, Jordan

I edited your deck to meet our standards, bro. Have fun! ~Kecleon
(Thanks kecleon)

beware of Goldbreaker bouffelont as it will OHKO your victini EX. Also with so many 1-ofs, there is a good chance 1 or more of your techs/attackers will be prized, maybe try and fir in 1 more Victini EX as you said it gets you a T2 anything really. otherwise looks good :)

Yeah, I was considering another victini but I only have 1. Ill try and buy one off the Internet but if I can't I may play a second virizion ex.

I was also considering Giratina EX since it can nicely make use of the blends and is a great tech for the suicune Mach up. Could it be a good choice?

-1 N
+1 Energy Search

It really does come in handy especially with a slow start. I would also consider taking out Virizion. With Darkrai and free retreat Special Conditions aren't much of a problem (Besides Sleep)

Virizion is needed a lot in the deck, sleep has had such a big effect on me last season so for me it's a must in the deck. For an energy search I world rather take out a juniper than an N, because on a number of occasions I have discarded hydragion with a juniper, it does give you 1 or more extra cards than N but I would prefer less cards than discard a needed hydragion. Despite the fact that I run super rod, it may take a few turns to get it out and get hydragion back. This is where you may have so many turns without a hydragion in play which just won't do.

Back