• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

I Need Help! (Virizion EX / Genesect EX)

Maruu69

Aspiring Trainer
Hello people, glad I found this place for advice. This weekend is a local pokemon tournament and I would like to get advice on what to change in this deck taking in consideration the new set is out, your help will be appreciated.

Pokemon

• 3 Virizion EX
    3 Genesect EX
    2 Mewtwo EX
    1 Mr. Mime
    1 Bouffalant
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums

• 1 G Booster
    3 Colress Machine
    2 Colress
    3 Ultraball
    2 Skyarrow Bridge
    2 Switch
    4 Professor Juniper
    4 N
    4 Skyla
    1 Lysandre
    3 Energy Switch
    1 Shadow Triad
    1 Startling Megaphone
    1 Energy Switch
    1 Super Rod
    3 Float Stone
Energy

• 4 Plasma Energy
    10 Grass Energy

Strategy:

Any help would be great Thanks

Edited to coincide with the rules! :D ~Kecleon

RE: Virizion/Genesect deck I need help

Damage amplification is key in this deck so I would consider running at least 3 copies of muscle band. Switch is arguably better than float stone and skyarrow bridge so I would personally just go with 4 switch to further consistency since switch will 'always' get you out of a situation. No more than 4 switching cards are really needed since you have verdant wind to get you out of special condition locks. Also a professors letter is key in this deck since getting a turn 2 virizion is huge for this deck and profs letter helps you nicely to achieve this. A second shadow triad would fit nicely into this deck, as so would a town map since you rely on G Booster so much, prizing it, or discarding it can be game breaking, so ensuring that you can get it out easily and keep it in play is what you need to do. Otherwise than this, the list seems pretty straight and consistant and should be able to do well in a tourney.

For these changes you could take out any combination of the following: 2 energy switch, 1 colress machine, 3 float stone and 2 skyarrow bridge.

Good luck for the tournament on the weekend and hope this advice helped :)

RE: Virizion/Genesect deck I need help

Joltic said:
Damage amplification is key in this deck so I would consider running at least 3 copies of muscle band. Switch is arguably better than float stone and skyarrow bridge so I would personally just go with 4 switch to further consistency since switch will 'always' get you out of a situation. No more than 4 switching cards are really needed since you have verdant wind to get you out of special condition locks. Also a professors letter is key in this deck since getting a turn 2 virizion is huge for this deck and profs letter helps you nicely to achieve this. A second shadow triad would fit nicely into this deck, as so would a town map since you rely on G Booster so much, prizing it, or discarding it can be game breaking, so ensuring that you can get it out easily and keep it in play is what you need to do. Otherwise than this, the list seems pretty straight and consistant and should be able to do well in a tourney.

For these changes you could take out any combination of the following: 2 energy switch, 1 colress machine, 3 float stone and 2 skyarrow bridge.

Good luck for the tournament on the weekend and hope this advice helped :)

Thank you so much,already made the changes and the difference is amazing on the positive side, Thank you for your time and I will post my result at tournament.

Jeff

Back